ADVERTISEMENT

Texas at West Virginia in Oct. when we have a bye

TZCoug84

Redshirt
Sep 12, 2014
I'm going to be in Pittsburgh for a conference the first weekend in October, and some friends from UT have invited me to go with them to see UT play at West Virginia that Saturday. It's about 2 hours away from Pittsburgh, I'm told. Luckily, the Cougs have a bye that weekend so I won't feel guilty sporting the burnt orange. Question for the board: should I wear a WSU hat and bring a Cougar flag? Or would you consider that disrespectful to the Longhorns I'll be going with?

I'm going to be in Pittsburgh for a conference the first weekend in October, and some friends from UT have invited me to go with them to see UT play at West Virginia that Saturday. It's about 2 hours away from Pittsburgh, I'm told. Luckily, the Cougs have a bye that weekend so I won't feel guilty sporting the burnt orange. Question for the board: should I wear a WSU hat and bring a Cougar flag? Or would you consider that disrespectful to the Longhorns I'll be going with?

Not sure WSU is on their radar . Go with the hat.

WSU hat and WSU shirt/coat. Should never be afraid/ashamed to show off your Cougness. We aren't rivals with either of them. Flag might be a bit obnoxious.

And who knows? GameDay may end up being there for that one.

Reactions: TZCoug84
WSU gear. Tradition is to wear your school's stuff. I went to an A&M vs Oklahoma game in Norman with my Coug stuff on (color was close enough to A&M that it may not have even been noticed on a lot of folks radar, but oh, well). College games I attend in SoCal typically have at least a dozen different teams represented among the crowd...usually about half of which are PAC teams. Our last bowl game in San Antonio had more than a dozen other schools represented in the crowd.

WSU hat and WSU shirt/coat. Should never be afraid/ashamed to show off your Cougness. We aren't rivals with either of them. Flag might be a bit obnoxious.

And who knows? GameDay may end up being there for that one.
Agreed. Sport the colors, skip the flag.

Unless GameDay is there. Then take the flag too.

Hmm. Go with a WSU flag because it’s a game day kind of thing and you may catch the TV cameras with it a be famous Coug

Fans there, i am told, are pretty drunk and hostile towards visiting teams. With Texas coming into town, they will be even more drunk and hostile. Be safe...

Fans there, i am told, are pretty drunk and hostile towards visiting teams. With Texas coming into town, they will be even more drunk and hostile. Be safe...
That settles it; I'll dress head to toe in WSU Cougar gear, and carry a Cougar flag. I will be a Peace Envoy from the Palouse. What could possibly go wrong?

Reactions: 79COUG and taf88
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT