ADVERTISEMENT

The BYU volleyball story...

BYU will continue to get cancelled until they are transparent and willing to show the world they ****ed this up. You can scream false stuff all you like. You simply discredit yourself with your completely biased opinion, uncapable of acknowledging the polarized nation that sits right in front of you. You're just a racist and a racist sympathizer.
This is cute. A claim of racism (only 1 person out of hundreds who could've heard these comments) and in order to stop idiots from tearing down an entire religion, they must submit to the gatekeepers of social justice? Sweet!

This is cute. A claim of racism (only 1 person out of hundreds who could've heard these comments) and in order to stop idiots from tearing down an entire religion, they must submit to the gatekeepers of social justice? Sweet!
Hiding behind religion to mitigate abuse is same set of rationale the Catholics used to allowed priest to you now what to alter boys, for decades.

Did you consider what she said, felt and her actions afterwards? Her emotional distress and need to be consoled? Did you even look into that aspect of this? You didnt because it doesnt suit your agenda.

Again, people dont want to be victim to this and dont make this stuff up. Its common in all white areas.

If you daughter came home emotional distraught, needed to talk on the phone to be consoled, are you calling her a liar? No, youre not.

The left is wise not to believe the BYU authorities in the ability not to find evidence. May this continue to be a problem for them in scheduling teams with black players. We dont believe the BYU Authorities, in the least.

What's funny about people griping about what fans are yelling is that America has a very short attention span. Anybody remember the anger over Texas A&M's hillbilly chants? Yeah....two weeks and we already don't care.

Just to stir things up.....I remember when people on here were proclaiming that Polynesian players weren't going to come to WSU because Robert Barber got railroaded by Schulz. Just looked at the roster and and it looks like we have at least 9 guys with poly backgrounds including 3 from America Samoa and 3 from Hawaii. Stribling is from Hawaii too but I don't know if he's poly or not.

We think that these things matter and they do to some degree, but most things like this that are trivial and involving drunken idiots yelling usually go away if the people being accused just shut their mouths and wait things out.

College educated Black student athletes dont fly across the country, to vast majority all white areas, to make up allegations of racial abuse. She came forward because it kept happening.

I don't dismiss your main point, but I also wouldn't make a sweeping statement like this. College educated students of all races make stuff up all the time.

I don't dismiss your main point, but I also wouldn't make a sweeping statement like this. College educated students of all races make stuff up all the time.
How can you say “all the time”? How can you know this? That’s an absurdly sweeping generalization. This is another thing that is extremely difficult if not impossible to quantify but sure, we do know it does happen.
However in this particular case I have a very difficult time believing she would make it up - I cannot imagine someone making a false allegation like this for something that allegedly occurred in a crowded place with lots of potential witnesses. If it didn’t actually happen more likely that someone said something that may have sounded like what she thought she heard.

What's funny about people griping about what fans are yelling is that America has a very short attention span. Anybody remember the anger over Texas A&M's hillbilly chants? Yeah....two weeks and we already don't care.

Just to stir things up.....I remember when people on here were proclaiming that Polynesian players weren't going to come to WSU because Robert Barber got railroaded by Schulz. Just looked at the roster and and it looks like we have at least 9 guys with poly backgrounds including 3 from America Samoa and 3 from Hawaii. Stribling is from Hawaii too but I don't know if he's poly or not.

We think that these things matter and they do to some degree, but most things like this that are trivial and involving drunken idiots yelling usually go away if the people being accused just shut their mouths and wait things out.
The Robert Barber thing was ridiculous. The process was certainly broken and if there was any bias it was infinitely more likely because he was a football player than because he was poly but even more likely it was just because he was a terrible person. The people who pulled the 100% baseless race card in this case all deserve to burn in hell.

Maybe, but do they follow up and formally accuse a white person of racial abuse of a black person all the time? No. Just when this shit happens.

Hiding behind religion to mitigate abuse is same set of rationale the Catholics used to allowed priest to you now what to alter boys, for decades.

Did you consider what she said, felt and her actions afterwards? Her emotional distress and need to be consoled? Did you even look into that aspect of this? You didnt because it doesnt suit your agenda.

Again, people dont want to be victim to this and dont make this stuff up. Its common in all white areas.

If you daughter came home emotional distraught, needed to talk on the phone to be consoled, are you calling her a liar? No, youre not.

The left is wise not to believe the BYU authorities in the ability not to find evidence. May this continue to be a problem for them in scheduling teams with black players. We dont believe the BYU Authorities, in the least.
Talk about apples to oranges comparison. Are you really trying to say that Catholics covering up perverted acts conducted in private to one fan (supposedly) yelling racial epithets at one player where anyone could hear them to which, no one else has come forward to verify it? I am not saying that it didn't happen but if we look at the facts that a person very close to her is consider widely to be an SJW on roids and that no one else is coming forward (including other black teammates) to back up her claim, leads me to believe this young woman wanted attention.

You're right I didn't consider what she said because I want to know the details and not let emotions control/dictate how this should be handled. Regardless of whether or not BYU did its own investigation, there is no one else coming forward to support her and what she heard.

Talk about apples to oranges comparison. Are you really trying to say that Catholics covering up perverted acts conducted in private to one fan (supposedly) yelling racial epithets at one player where anyone could hear them to which, no one else has come forward to verify it? I am not saying that it didn't happen but if we look at the facts that a person very close to her is consider widely to be an SJW on roids and that no one else is coming forward (including other black teammates) to back up her claim, leads me to believe this young woman wanted attention.

You're right I didn't consider what she said because I want to know the details and not let emotions control/dictate how this should be handled. Regardless of whether or not BYU did its own investigation, there is no one else coming forward to support her and what she heard.
Doesn't matter, she said it so it's true.

Definition of white washing. They discounted the evidence that they have. Again, we don't believe the lack of evidence to be truthful.

Listen to her account. And her father's account.

How can you say “all the time”? How can you know this? That’s an absurdly sweeping generalization.
Willie, you know what I mean, and what I meant. Young people; particularly in this climate, make up and/or embellish abuse incidents frequently. My boys are 16, and last year alone in their High School there were several cases where serious incidents were reported to the school or posted to social media, only to be later refuted.

As I've said before, it wouldn't surprise me in the least bit if a fan or group of fans yelled racially offensive comments at the Duke player. We saw last weekend at Oregon that these types of things occur. Again, as I posted no more than a couple of weeks ago, ignorant people of all races say and do dumb things.

What does surprise me about the BYU/Duke volleyball incident is that no private cell phone video has emerged. I believe I read that there were over 5K fans in attendance for the game, as BYU volleyball attendance is among the best. Nobody heard the comments? While I'm sure there are a lot of Mormon bigots in the world, their faith also has a lot a good hearted, humanitarian people who wouldn't stand for that language. Screaming the N word for reportedly a long period of time in front of 5K fans seems like it would yield many, many witnesses.

Reactions: CougInSpain
Definition of white washing. They discounted the evidence that they have. Again, we don't believe the lack of evidence to be truthful.

Listen to her account. And her father's account.
Lemme guess... #METOO? I mean Fvck due process, am I right?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT