ADVERTISEMENT

The Ivy League has cancelled fall sports

COUGinNCW

Hall Of Fame
Oct 5, 2010
The first domino has officially fallen.

Time to dust off the OL shotgun. It’s bird season this fall.

Dont buy your small game license yet...assuming you live in washington, hunting and fishing is a VERY risky activity in times of covid spikes...seasons are not a given

So you think my family will be attacked because the Ivy League cancelled football? That’s disturbing on a number of levels.

The woke Ivy League mob is coming....

Not really the context of Observer’s post. But kinda funny.

Scott's remarks to CBS sports days ago seem to hint at the likely hood that the P 12 is gonna shut down.
I say no sports in 2020 ! Make the decision now ! If the P 12 can't be decisive by July 20, then the commissioner should be flushed !

No Fball, no Bball this year. Now, get on as to how to treat those student athletes already enrolled, recruits and relations with non conf schools.
Deal with the money issues also. There are way too many left of liberal faculty that could use a serious pay reduction ! Maybe, just maybe then, profs would revert to teaching facts, using logic and offering a level learning field. Example : catastrophic climate change caused by CO2, you of course know that we ( gasp ) only have 11 YEARS now, before we all die.

WSU has it's fair share of the soy children, snowflake, virtue signaling types and this sort of human gene pool erosion has NOT been beneficial to this country !

I think the next to cancel fall sports are all divisions below Division 1. That means FCS, Division 2 etc. Since a lot of teams play FCS schools, this will wreak havoc on schedules.

I think the next to cancel fall sports are all divisions below Division 1. That means FCS, Division 2 etc. Since a lot of teams play FCS schools, this will wreak havoc on schedules.
How will Alabama pad their record without FCS meat?

Div 2 & 3 will go next. High expense, low revenue, and limited resources. FCS May try to hang on - especially the bigger programs - but will succumb to the momentum. FBS will hang on longest, Because of the money. If the lower tiers pull the plug, FBS can still play limited seasons, and they may try. The only thing that will slow them down is if every program fills with sick kids as they get into Fall camp.

Div 2 & 3 will go next. High expense, low revenue, and limited resources. FCS May try to hang on - especially the bigger programs - but will succumb to the momentum. FBS will hang on longest, Because of the money. If the lower tiers pull the plug, FBS can still play limited seasons, and they may try. The only thing that will slow them down is if every program fills with sick kids as they get into Fall camp.
Yeah. It’s just not gonna work
The WIAA announced yesterday, they are pushing back the start of Fall sports by 2 Weeks.
Then 2 Weeks will lead to the season

If you dial back to March, it was the Ivy League that pulled the plug on the basketball season, at about the same time as some of the high academic DIII schools, then the NBA and the NCAA. In the absence of any resemblance of leadership in the Oval Office, it is basically up to each college and league and mayor and scout troop leader to make these very difficult decisions, so expect the exact sequence of events will go down this fall. I can't believe that the 4 California schools in the PAC12 will wait much longer before announcing they are out. There will be a few schools who are delusional enough to not cancel their season, but without any opponents they will be looking at a few made-for-TV showcase games at best.

Football at the d3 level, for a lot of schools, is a way to generate male enrollment. If they cancel their season they could struggle to hold onto their frosh class. Which for some schools could be 50-100 kids. That’s a huge hit as none of those kids are on athletic scholarships.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT