ADVERTISEMENT

The Moscow killings part II

No you didn't. Be truthful Ed.
Sorry you can’t figure out the answer . I guess I will lend a helping handing . If you ask a question do I think it was evil what happened to those four kids and I tell you that there are stupid questions that would mean you asked a stupid question .

Now is it a stupid question because you asked if killing four kids is evil. Or do you believe I think it is stupid to ask because I don’t think killing those kids is evil.

Does that help you out ?

Last edited:
This is someone who just wants to see cuts. He was pulled over on December 15, the murders were on November 12/13. That’s 32 days to heal. They wouldn’t still be scabbed over enough to be this dark unless they were major cuts that he wouldn’t have been able to hide. The one on the outer arm is also a very strange spot to get a knife cut when stabbing or slashing.

More likely It’s shadow, arm hair, tattoos, or a combination of the 3.

Also, I’ve seen nothing that says they were followed across the country. “Tracked” is the word I’ve seen, which may just mean following cell phone pings and credit card purchases, and could be done after the fact.

I’ve read that he was surveilled and observed for 4 days before the arrest - which was well after he’d arrived at his parents’ house. I’ve also read that he wasn’t a known suspect until just before Christmas, when the DNA connections were made, also a few days after he’d arrived. I don’t think anyone was following him in Indiana, or that anyone pulled him over to sniff around. At that point, I don’t think really knew who he was yet.

Reactions: wsudefense
Looks like we will learn little for a while.

The order prohibits any communication by investigators, law enforcement personnel, attorneys, and agents of the prosecuting attorney or defense attorney concerning this case. Due to this court order, the Moscow Police Department will no longer be communicating with the public or the media regarding this case, says the release.

Reactions: VandallHuskerJulie

The order prohibits any communication by investigators, law enforcement personnel, attorneys, and agents of the prosecuting attorney or defense attorney concerning this case. Due to this court order, the Moscow Police Department will no longer be communicating with the public or the media regarding this case, says the release.
While it’s probably a sensible move in order to protect the actual information, this just means more reporting of rumor as fact. There’s little reliable information out there.

It crossed my mind that the police department is tired of wasting resources talking to the media and asked the judge to issue the order to give them room to work and breathe.

This is someone who just wants to see cuts. He was pulled over on December 15, the murders were on November 12/13. That’s 32 days to heal. They wouldn’t still be scabbed over enough to be this dark unless they were major cuts that he wouldn’t have been able to hide. The one on the outer arm is also a very strange spot to get a knife cut when stabbing or slashing.

Also, I’ve seen nothing that says they were followed across the country. “Tracked” is the word I’ve seen, which may just mean following cell phone pings and credit card purchases, and could be done after the fact.

I’ve read that he was surveilled and observed for 4 days before the arrest - which was well after he’d arrived at his parents’ house. I’ve also read that he wasn’t a known suspect until just before Christmas, when the DNA connections were made, also a few days after he’d arrived. I don’t think anyone was following him in Indiana, or that anyone pulled him over to sniff around. At that point, I don’t think really knew who he was yet.
I think you are correct . It just seemed strange that the white car was 8 miles away in Pullman and the students and others in Pullman didn’t see it , but with finals and some students leaving before the 17th (Friday last day of finals) maybe they just didn’t make the connection .

Also it is interesting the coincidence he was pulled over twice in Indiana … and I think you are also correct that it was a coincidence.

All the info will come out in due time . .

It crossed my mind that the police department is tired of wasting resources talking to the media and asked the judge to issue the order to give them room to work and breathe.
Probably also has to do with being able to put together an impartial jury for a fair trial. Don’t want someone getting off or having endless appeals/mistrials because of that. Probably going to be hard already to find 12 people who haven’t been exposed to this. With damn near everyone on some form of social media I’d imagine something like this is more difficult than even the OJ trial was back in the day in terms of forming a jury. They probably didn’t have any choice.

Loose lips sink ships.

MPD is sending a warning to their own to keep their yaps shut during this prosecution. The last thing they need is some kind of leak that the defense could use on a technicality to get the case tossed.

Reactions: Coug90
Loose lips sink ships.

MPD is sending a warning to their own to keep their yaps shut during this prosecution. The last thing they need is some kind of leak that the defense could use on a technicality to get the case tossed.
I think protecting the case is the bigger reason for the order, although I’m sure MPD isn’t heartbroken over it.

The trial will certainly be moved. I read somewhere that his lawyer is already going to be from the Pend O’Reille county public defender’s office. I’d think it’s more likely the trial will be moved to southern Idaho for larger jury pools though.

Just read that he was on a plane back to Idaho this morning. He should be served once he arrives in Moscow, and the. The probable cause documents may be released…which will shed a little light on what’s happened so far.

I think protecting the case is the bigger reason for the order, although I’m sure MPD isn’t heartbroken over it.

The trial will certainly be moved. I read somewhere that his lawyer is already going to be from the Pend O’Reille county public defender’s office. I’d think it’s more likely the trial will be moved to southern Idaho for larger jury pools though.
The public defender is from Kootney County. Anne Taylor. She’s already on the job with investigators working the crime scene.

Last edited:
The public defender is from Kootney County. Anne Taylor. She’s already on the job with investigators working the crime scene.

Makes more sense she'd be from Kootenai. Probably more experience handling homicides there, and better staff resources. It's the 3rd largest county in Idaho, so I suppose could be on the list for change of venue, but it's pretty close geographically and shares the same media market (Spokane), which has reported pretty extensively.

Still...from the court's perspective, moving to Boise/Caldwell would make more sense. Bigger jury pool by 2.5x. Even Idaho Falls would give a bigger pool. But the defense won't really want it in any place that has a university campus.

Are all defensive attorneys kinda hot?🤷‍♂️

According to the numerous media outlets at the airport (as well as the police station and courthouse) his plane has landed at the Moscow-Pullman airport.

Well, that’s interesting. Still doesn’t make much sense to me, even if he did cut his hands, 30+ days later it’s not going to look like much. Also conflicts with other information that suggested they weren’t into him until after he’d have been in PA. But I guess it’ll all come out later - maybe even tomorrow.

Right now it’s a new tidbit, seems to only be carried by Fox outlets…so I’m not going to give it a lot of credence yet.

He seems to be keeping his hands down in his lap, although it’s hard to see with the cop’s arm on the window. Cops generally don’t like it if they can’t see your hands.

This video also confirms that this stop was by a sheriff’s deputy rather than state patrol.

Thought this was interesting as I copy and pasted from a reader's comment:

"This action (having local/state police stop a suspect at the behest of the FBI) is known in law enforcement circles as a "whisper stop." It can be very dangerous for the cops making the stop, because the FBI may not disclose to the officer how dangerous the suspect might be. Case in point, an officer in New Mexico was asked to perform such a stop on a suspect who who armed and extremely dangerous (but the FBI never told the cop about the suspect's history). The suspect shot and killed the cop, and now the cop's wife is suing the FBI for wrongful death in a botched operation."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT