ADVERTISEMENT

This Is A Great Board!

CATabulous

Recruit
Mar 4, 2006
Gents, I have to say that this is one of the best message boards I’ve been on. You guys certainly know your football and have been willing to engage in conversation. As a Kentucky fan, I can empathize with you because I have experienced great frustration with my team over the years and have had to endure some miserable seasons.

The bright side for both of our programs is the nice trajectory we’re on. Right now, I would say your success is greater than ours, and I can see the Cougs battling for a PAC 12 title sooner than we will be battling for an SEC championship. This conference is brutal and unforgiving! This is not to imply that the PAC 12 is not tough. There has been some outstanding football played over the last few years with some teams that have been entertaining to watch. I’ve stayed up late to catch many of these games that have included Washington St.

Here’s to both programs continuing to build on their success! I’m looking forward to watching the Cougs play late on Saturday. Cheers!

Hey Cat, thanks for your posts. Please continue to hang out here, and we'll be rooting for the Wildcats, too! As previously mentioned, tickets to Martin Stadium (for your trip next year) are not difficult, unless it's a sellout. Here's to you and a good game on Saturday!

Reactions: CATabulous
Wish you and Kentucky the best, Cat. Sure was rooting for Kentucky against Florida this past week. That was painful for me, so I'm sure it was brutal for you.

I also was pulling for Kentucky. I despise Florida. The most ill-prepared engineer I ever worked with graduated from there. Dumber than a flaming bag of d*gshit.

Met, I never had the experience of working with an engineer from Florida (I am also an engineer). However, the best chemist I ever worked with (and one of the best human beings) got his doctorate from Florida. Along with a bachelors from Houston (which he referred to as "Cougar High"; always made me laugh). I think there are highs and lows from every school, except of course WSU ;).

Reactions: metprof
Gents, I have to say that this is one of the best message boards I’ve been on. You guys certainly know your football and have been willing to engage in conversation. As a Kentucky fan, I can empathize with you because I have experienced great frustration with my team over the years and have had to endure some miserable seasons.

The bright side for both of our programs is the nice trajectory we’re on. Right now, I would say your success is greater than ours, and I can see the Cougs battling for a PAC 12 title sooner than we will be battling for an SEC championship. This conference is brutal and unforgiving! This is not to imply that the PAC 12 is not tough. There has been some outstanding football played over the last few years with some teams that have been entertaining to watch. I’ve stayed up late to catch many of these games that have included Washington St.

Here’s to both programs continuing to build on their success! I’m looking forward to watching the Cougs play late on Saturday. Cheers!
Thanks Cat. You certainly help brighten the place.

I also was pulling for Kentucky. I despise Florida. The most ill-prepared engineer I ever worked with graduated from there. Dumber than a flaming bag of d*gshit.
That used to be the case with Idaho when I first got into the industry. Sadly, the WSU grads are now pretty craptacular. I've hired one WSU grad in the last 10 years, and about 15 UofI.

I will say we did hire a MSEE out of UF about 5 years ago that is a very, very sharp guy. Too back he works _exactly_ 8 to 5. He doesn't put his but in his chair until 8am and leaves at 5pm no matter what. Crunch time at the end of a project? Too bad, he's outta there at 5. Refuses to work weekends. So, he was prepared, but he is by far the least motivated, worst team player engineer I've ever worked with.

metallurgy

Our materials science program was pretty darned good back in the day (I graduated in '80). I lived with 4 guys who were in that program, and introduced one of them to my fiance's little sister. He has been my brother in law for 35 years. He was the only one of us who was deficient at first semester mid-terms (got that letter: shape up or you are gone), and he was the only one of us who got a doctorate (MSE). I use him as an example when ever I speak to student groups...Edison's description of genius...1% inspiration, 99% perspiration...is true, and a good example of why you should never give up on yourself. Just pass the class and go on to the next one.

Reactions: metprof
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT