ADVERTISEMENT

Tix in designated WSU sections for UH game at NRG 9/13/19

TZCoug84

Redshirt
Sep 12, 2014
Here's the link for tix in the designated WSU section for the UH game at NRG stadium in Houston on 9/13/19.

https://ev9.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncom...rContext=&RSRC=Email&RDAT=FB19AwayGames5.3.19

For those of you going, will you buy in these sections, or are you going to buy better seats in other locations? I haven't checked Stubhub, etc. yet for better seats at better prices, but may do that, although it's a lot more fun to sit with WSU Cougar fans at away games.

Friends in Texas tell me that UH does not typically have great attendance at their football games. I don't know if UH is marketing this game - the fact that it's on a Friday night against a Leach-coached team may be a bit of a draw for UT, A&M, and other college football fans in Houston, who can watch this game without missing their primary team's game the next day .

Here's the link for tix in the designated WSU section for the UH game at NRG stadium in Houston on 9/13/19.

https://ev9.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncom...rContext=&RSRC=Email&RDAT=FB19AwayGames5.3.19

For those of you going, will you buy in these sections, or are you going to buy better seats in other locations? I haven't checked Stubhub, etc. yet for better seats at better prices, but may do that, although it's a lot more fun to sit with WSU Cougar fans at away games.

Friends in Texas tell me that UH does not typically have great attendance at their football games. I don't know if UH is marketing this game - the fact that it's on a Friday night against a Leach-coached team may be a bit of a draw for UT, A&M, and other college football fans in Houston, who can watch this game without missing their primary team's game the next day .

Here's the general ticket link for the whole stadium. Looks like our prices are the same - but there are some better seats at the same price.

https://www1.ticketmaster.com/2019-advocare-texas-kickoff/event/3A005567E59263BA

Reactions: TZCoug84
I am going to this game but haven't bought tickets yet. I've set up all my travel and lodging so far.

I am going to this game but haven't bought tickets yet. I've set up all my travel and lodging so far.

Kinda seems like tickets to the game might be a first priority.

That said, I was thinking about going to this game. I've never been to Texas.

Kinda seems like tickets to the game might be a first priority.

That said, I was thinking about going to this game. I've never been to Texas.
Never been to Texas?
Wear loose clothing...

Yeah, thankfully this game will be climate-controlled and indoors. September in Houston is about as bad as it gets here in Texas, Loyal -- I'm in Texas and don't have much of a problem with the heat, but going to Houston in September is a bit like going to Minnesota in January. It's going to be blazing hot, potentially with stifling humidity.
My 17 year old daughter just got back from a week long FBLA conference in San Antonio. They went to 6 Flags for a day. Spent most of their time in the gifts shops trying to keep cool.
Needless to say, she wasn't prepared for the humidity. Loved the BBQ though!

Yeah, thankfully this game will be climate-controlled and indoors. September in Houston is about as bad as it gets here in Texas, Loyal -- I'm in Texas and don't have much of a problem with the heat, but going to Houston in September is a bit like going to Minnesota in January. It's going to be blazing hot, potentially with stifling humidity.

Ehh, I like the heat. The alligators and rattlesnakes though, well not so much.

That's one thing you can say about the Northwest. No prehistoric reptiles, no poisonous snakes if you stay out of certain areas, no hurricanes or tornados, not many floods, etc.

That's one thing you can say about the Northwest. No prehistoric reptiles, no poisonous snakes if you stay out of certain areas, no hurricanes or tornados, not many floods, etc.

We used to kill rattlesnakes all the time in north central Washington when I worked in an orchard back in the day.

If you "stay out of certain areas"?
So like everywhere east of Snoqualmie Pass to Spokane, right?
You must live in the 206...

We used to kill rattlesnakes all the time in north central Washington when I worked in an orchard back in the day.
I grew up in East Wenatchee. They were and still are pretty common. Got to keep your ears open when tooling around the scablands and the edges of orchards...

Reactions: Flatlandcoug
I grew up in East Wenatchee. They were and still are pretty common. Got to keep your ears open when tooling around the scablands and the edges of orchards...

When I first started working at the orchard, I was thinning apples. We had the old wood ladders that had a single post that would swing out and basically form a tripod. I was talking to the owner and casually set the ladder into the tree and swung the post out while I was standing underneath the ladder. You could hear the wind blowing through the grass and it was quite peaceful. As the pole settled into position and I started to step out, the owner told me not to move. It turns out that the sound wasn't wind blowing through the glass but a pissed off timber rattler that had just got through striking the ladder pole in anger at being woken up so rudely.

The owner told me to pick a direction away from the rattler and jump as far as I could in one motion. I think I jumped about 22.5'. Dude gets off his tractor with a shovel and casually decapitates the rattlesnake like he's just testing the firmness of the soil. As a group, I think we killed four rattlesnakes that summer.

Still crawling around my property here in Manson

Well I stand partially corrected. I would not have guessed they were as far up as Lake Chelan. Since we are Cougs, Pullman and the greater Palouse were safe, but of course the snakes were present down towards the river. Not sure where the divining line is/was. Knew a guy whose family lived about halfway down the hill, they had 'em. We'll se what climate change does.

Ellensburg and west - no rattlesnakes there, correct?
Spokane and North - no snakes there, correct? I imagine they are present down near the Columbia/Lake Roosevelt.....

Well I stand partially corrected. I would not have guessed they were as far up as Lake Chelan. Since we are Cougs, Pullman and the greater Palouse were safe, but of course the snakes were present down towards the river. Not sure where the divining line is/was. Knew a guy whose family lived about halfway down the hill, they had 'em. We'll se what climate change does.

Spokane and North - no snakes there, correct? I imagine they are present down near the Columbia/Lake Roosevelt.....
Ellensburg/Cle Elum...yes
Spokane and north...yes, especially north
And they're all over central Washington including Lake Roosevelt.

Bought our tix in Section 109. As a pale, sun-starved Westsider, I can't contribute to the rattlesnake conversation. Sorry. From living in Houston for two years in the 80's, I can say I never saw a snake there, but did see plenty of roaches (both the disgusting inside kind and the disgusting, huge flying ones outside) and fire ants. So glad this game will be inside with AC!

Ellensburg/Cle Elum...yes
Spokane and north...yes, especially north
And they're all over central Washington including Lake Roosevelt.
I take one step North off our property and we step off of Spokane County and step onto Pend Orielle County.
Everyone assumes we have rattlers. Always asked. We have rubber boa's and garters. But I've lived here for decades. Never seen a rattler. And we own over 100 acres. I'd say a decent sample size.

I take one step North off our property and we step off of Spokane County and step onto Pend Orielle County.
Everyone assumes we have rattlers. Always asked. We have rubber boa's and garters. But I've lived here for decades. Never seen a rattler. And we own over 100 acres. I'd say a decent sample size.

Well here's a supposed map of rattlesnakes. Can't tell exactly where Spokane proper is, but yeah north of it appears to be no-snake country. Also it shows all of Whitman County to be rattlesnake country which is just not the case. Maybe if there was no farming they would be prevalent. All in all, a little larger alleged habitat than I thought though.

http://naturemappingfoundation.org/natmap/maps/wa/reptiles/WA_w_rattlesnake.html

Reactions: 79COUG
Well I stand corrected! An assumption on my part. You would know better than anyone.

Meh. Everyone assumes we have 'em.:)

Yeah rattlesnakes freak me out, but I want to hunt them and collect their rattles. Maybe in retirement. My Dad had this 410 single shot pistol. Total snake gun. My brother got it. I'll have to use my sawed off but still legal 20 gauge.

Then I read about this lady (no link sorry) out west of Vantage who drives around near dusk and drags them off the road so they don't get run over. WTH? Yeah, yeah, nature and chain of life and all that, but I want to run me over a rattler. Only encounter was at the river in the tall grass - just heard a noise and saw a slither by my foot. Jumped about 20 feet myself and ran like a mother.

Then there's alligators. It's like, these are dinosaurs. And we just let them roam around in ponds and golf courses? F-that. I bet that if they could run 15-20 miles an hour and were a little hungrier we would have a whole different attitude about them.

Oh and since this thread is about the Houston game, I hope we don't get rain down there that week. Maybe I need to drive and bring my weaponry for snakes and alligators.
https://patch.com/texas/meyerland/hurricane-harvey-houston-floods-dredge-alligators-snakes-fire-ants

Last edited:
Well here's a supposed map of rattlesnakes. Can't tell exactly where Spokane proper is, but yeah north of it appears to be no-snake country. Also it shows all of Whitman County to be rattlesnake country which is just not the case. Maybe if there was no farming they would be prevalent. All in all, a little larger alleged habitat than I thought though.

http://naturemappingfoundation.org/natmap/maps/wa/reptiles/WA_w_rattlesnake.html

Yeah rattlesnakes freak me out, but I want to hunt them and collect their rattles. Maybe in retirement. My Dad had this 410 single shot pistol. Total snake gun. My brother got it. I'll have to use my sawed off but still legal 20 gauge.

Then I read about this lady (no link sorry) out west of Vantage who drives around near dusk and drags them off the road so they don't get run over. WTH? Yeah, yeah, nature and chain of life and all that, but I want to run me over a rattler. Only encounter was at the river in the tall grass - just heard a noise and saw a slither by my foot. Jumped about 20 feet myself and ran like a mother.

Then there's alligators. It's like, these are dinosaurs. And we just let them roam around in ponds and golf courses? F-that. I bet that if they could run 15-20 miles an hour and were a little hungrier we would have a whole different attitude about them.

Oh and since this thread is about the Houston game, I hope we don't get rain down there that week. Maybe I need to drive and bring my weaponry for snakes and alligators.
https://patch.com/texas/meyerland/hurricane-harvey-houston-floods-dredge-alligators-snakes-fire-ants

The flip side to that lady saving the snakes is that we used to go out in the AM and find the big diamondbacks, on the side of the road, that had been run over the night before. I was no older than fourth grade at the time. We were at Ft Sill, OK when my dad was stationed there in the US Army.

I still have have a couple of those rattles stored away somewhere. Some of those Diamondbacks were big muthas!

The flip side to that lady saving the snakes is that we used to go out in the AM and find the big diamondbacks, on the side of the road, that had been run over the night before. I was no older than fourth grade at the time. We were at Ft Sill, OK when my dad was stationed there in the US Army.

I still have have a couple of those rattles stored away somewhere. Some of those Diamondbacks were big muthas!
I’ve moved many a rattler, rubber boa, bull snake, etc. out of the road to keep assholes from running them over on purpose—these are backcountry forest service roads where the snakes aren’t bothering anything. Total lack of respect for life to go out of your way to run something over for no reason whatsoever.

Lots of snakes - mostly on the Gonzaga basketball staff. Some have moved on like Dan Monson.

There's also plenty of rattlers out on the West Plains/Cheney area. The rattlers love them some basalt outcroppings for a nice day of tanning.

Much less likely to see rattlers in the timbered areas farther east but still some non-venomous reptiles.

I’ve moved many a rattler, rubber boa, bull snake, etc. out of the road to keep assholes from running them over on purpose—these are backcountry forest service roads where the snakes aren’t bothering anything. Total lack of respect for life to go out of your way to run something over for no reason whatsoever.

I actually totally agree with you. The vast majority of snakes, venomous or not, serve a great pest control purpose. They will avoid humans if given the chance.

Those many, many years ago, down in the Ft Sill/Lawton, OK area, there were just so many of them that crawled out on unlit, dark roads that they got run over without MOST folks doing so intentionally. At least that's the sense my faded memory has carried with me all those years.

"Backroads Okie-homa" in the early 60's. I'm sure there were some "purposeful a-holes", of course.

I don't freak out about spiders, but we have dozens and dozens, starting about now, until the first freeze in November. All non-poisonous, but a pain...when you're outside working around the house, the landscaping, or just doing stuff out on the deck, etc. They're everywhere, and new ones multiply weekly. Constantly spot spraying them with raid, but it's just a massive annoyance to deal with....daily.

I actually totally agree with you. The vast majority of snakes, venomous or not, serve a great pest control purpose. They will avoid humans if given the chance.

Those many, many years ago, down in the Ft Sill/Lawton, OK area, there were just so many of them that crawled out on unlit, dark roads that they got run over without MOST folks doing so intentionally. At least that's the sense my faded memory has carried with me all those years.

"Backroads Okie-homa" in the early 60's. I'm sure there were some "purposeful a-holes", of course.
For sure there are some inadvertent one, but I see lots way off to the side of the road where people clearly went out of their way to hit them. The hatred of snakes really puzzles me—as you say even the venomous ones just want to be left alone.

For sure there are some inadvertent one, but I see lots way off to the side of the road where people clearly went out of their way to hit them. The hatred of snakes really puzzles me—as you say even the venomous ones just want to be left alone.

Well actually if you read the Bible, snakes aren't very well thought of. Just sayin'.

I guess you would also condemn people for spraying ants, bugs and yellow jackets, trapping gophers, and shooting starlings? They all want to be left alone too. What about mice and rats? In fact, all of God's creatures want to be left alone. Deer, elk, pheasants, cows, chickens (and their unborn children), pigs, etc. You must be vegan.

And please post the location of these roads where you see many live and lots of dead rattlers. I would like to collect the rattles off the dead ones and shoot the live ones. And eat them, I hear they taste like chicken. I won't harm the boas and bull snakes though.

Why am I not surprised that you would conflate insect/rodent control in your house to running over snakes in their natural habitat? And no, I eat red meat all the time, our freezer always had deer and/or elk meat in it. But you know what? I kill them to eat and survive another day, not out of hatred. Probably a distinction that’s lost on you though.

"Eat and survive another day". Exaggerate much? You will die if you don't kill that deer? How the hell do you afford your internet if you are that desperate? And I will eat the rattlers I kill - so explain the difference, Bambi murderer.

On second thought don't. This is a stupid conversation.

Sorry folks, didn’t intend to drag the thread down with a futile conversation, so I will withdraw from the convo.

Sorry folks, didn’t intend to drag the thread down with a futile conversation, so I will withdraw from the convo.

Yah - good idea. Since you want to condemn those of us (me) who would like to kill rattlesnakes, but you kill deer and elk because you "kill them to eat and survive another day". Your words, not mine. And nice try deleting your post where you said it. But I captured it.

And for the record dude, you jumped in to a thread about prehistoric and venomous reptiles with your "the snakes aren’t bothering anything. Total lack of respect for life" bullshit. Your words, not mine. But you kill Bambi because otherwise you would die. WTF.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT