ADVERTISEMENT

Tremane Isabell

wulffbone

Team Captain
Apr 17, 2011
I see that Isabell has been suspended from Mizzou since the beginning of the month for what is being called "poor behavior towards teammates and coaches." So besides being a mediocre performer this year, it sounds like he's a team cancer. I'm glad EK saw the signs early and cut him loose.

Didn't we have an earlier poster that was convinced Isabell was a "one and done" type NBA prospect? I believe I was often called out (as was others) for not believing this kid was a program savior.

Maybe Isabell will see the error of his ways and still make the NBA. Maybe

http://washingtonstate.scout.com/fo...ly?s=137&t=13658965&stm=168279386&m=168279386

He wasn't a good risk. You want to hope he ends up proving what seems like a bad risk wrong but if the above is true it unfortunately proves it. Never thought he was a savior. Good talent but seemed like a potential Moore type of deal.

Yes in fact a few of the anti Kent posters were giving him a lot of heat for "losing" Isabel. Again the experienced coach knew more about out the player than a few who bemoaned the loss of the "one and don"e marvel. Kent saved himself and the program a lot of headaches. I am sure that the people who did this are again embarrassed by their lack of knowledge and foresight.

Ernie definitely knew what he was doing. You don't need to bring in a potential bad attitude guy no matter how talent-starved you are. Good call, coach.

Glad Cougar

Good Lord, Elsie. Every damned one of your posts has some line about other posters, essentially saying how little they know and how your infinite wisdom speaks volumes. How about a little hubris, or at the least a post where you just make a comment vs. calling bull$hit on everyone. Oh yeah, and a spell check wouldn't hurt either.

Originally posted by wulffbone:

I see that Isabell has been suspended from Mizzou since the beginning of the month for what is being called "poor behavior towards teammates and coaches." So besides being a mediocre performer this year, it sounds like he's a team cancer. I'm glad EK saw the signs early and cut him loose.

Didn't we have an earlier poster that was convinced Isabell was a "one and done" type NBA prospect? I believe I was often called out (as was others) for not believing this kid was a program savior.

Maybe Isabell will see the error of his ways and still make the NBA. Maybe

http://washingtonstate.scout.com/fo...ly?s=137&t=13658965&stm=168279386&m=168279386
Mikalalas or something to that effect. For all we know, it was Isabell himself. Haven't seen one post from the guy since Kent cut the cancer loose.

His absence has resulted in more free time, though. That guy would write a novel in every post. And it was often difficult to follow the train of thought.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

There's some misremembering going on.

I said that Isabel had a semi legitimate reasonable chance, to potentially, might even probably be somewhere between a top 1st pick of 2nd round to lottery pick, after somewhere between 3 years in college, to 1 and done at the best.

I didn't garantee anything. And I was talking about ON PAPER. ON PAPER, he had that kind of potential.

He Dominated the best competition in Highschool, AAU, Seattle Pro AM, dominated NBA PROS, in Griffin, Jamal Crawford, Brandon Roy, Conly, in pro ams. He was mentored, trained, etc, by Griffin, Jamal Crawford, Brandon Roy, Conly, other NBA pros.

He was ranked in the top 40 players in the USA, by Max Preps, Superpreps, and all the pundits, experts, except, and not named espn, rivals, brand x. He was named to the west coast all stars, in the west coast vs east coast all star game, hosted, coached by Gary Payton, where he played the top best college recruits.

I backed that up, with posted links. With that kind of ON PAPER RESUME, one would think he would goto kentucky, north carolina, then get drafted into NBA.

Also at mizzou, he has averaged somewhere between about 7 to 13 ppg (I don't know his numbers, as haven't followed him closely), and he had a about a 20 point plus game, all in his freshman year. While that's not good, that's not bad for a freshman point guard.

Also I even said that he had bad attitude, work ethic, academic issues.

Now as to Kent getting rid of him, Kent was trying to get a 4 star pg, and 3 star Nye Redding, and another 3 star pg, for a total of 3 additional pg, in addition to Isabell, and so because of that Isabell left, because he wanted to be a starter, with a lot of playing time, which he got at mizzou.

And if Kent hadn't tried for 4 pg's, he would of had isabell, and Nye Redding, which is better than Trevor Dunbar, Nye Redding.

Only now after hindsight, did we find out about this. I was going by on paper, not hindsight.

Kent may have known. But I think Kent was more concerned with trying for to get 2 out of 4, 3 to 4 star pg's, and ended up with less with Dunbar, Redding.

Also that does not mean I think Kent was bad at that time or now, only that I thought he was making a mistake in getting to greedy, and chasing after to many, 3 to 4, 3 to 4 star pg's.

I actually thought that Kent was a good hire, when he was hired, and have always thought that Kent is a good coach, hire.

It's sad to see a kid as good as Isabell, piss everything away down the toilet.

Also as to the reason I don't post that often.
I have never posted very often. I have been more of a lurker, reader, reading stuff here.

And yes when I have posted, they have been long, because there was a lot of material to post about, cover.

As to why I don't post more. Part of it is I have been more busy, and until recently, was working as a NAC during the 2 to 10 pm shift.
Also I was probably being to lazy to post.
Also got tired of the brick walls, and the he who shall not be named, and leach, and bone, and kent, and even some player bashing, combined with arguing, contention, fighting, name calling, of some of the posters here on both the football, and basketball boards.

And also the same reason why hoops cough stopped posting, and why 71, others post less.

Isabell's best scoring game was 14 against Lipscomb (Whoever that is) he is averaging 4.5 pts a game 1.5 assists and 1.2 turnovers a game. He was a solid 3 star recruit coming out of high school, he was not ranked in the top 100 by any of the major recruiting sites and was ranked the 5th best player in the State of Washington. He was not by any stretch of the imagination a pro prospect coming out of high school. I still was one who wished he would have stayed on as a Coug but now I'm much more comfortable with his departure.

Originally posted by jourdand:
Isabell's best scoring game was 14 against Lipscomb (Whoever that is) he is averaging 4.5 pts a game 1.5 assists and 1.2 turnovers a game. He was a solid 3 star recruit coming out of high school, he was not ranked in the top 100 by any of the major recruiting sites and was ranked the 5th best player in the State of Washington. He was not by any stretch of the imagination a pro prospect coming out of high school. I still was one who wished he would have stayed on as a Coug but now I'm much more comfortable with his departure.
Thanks for the facts check (and for the brevity).
3dgrin.r191677.gif

I was in my 30's (more than 2 decades ago) when I ran onto a quote that has stayed with me ever since, because it explains so much:

"There is nothing in the world so common as unrealized potential".

Tremane is just one more in a long list of examples.

Jourdand, I am going to use WSU'S latest football recruiting class to make my point.

There are 1,2 4 star players 1 a DE, that are rated a 2 star by rivals. And there are 3 stars that are ranked NR (not ranked) by rivals.

Why is that? Because some players are late bloomers, go under the radar, to either where they are either not evaluated, or evaluated incorrectly, or evaluated by how the player was as a freshman, sophomore in highschool.

This is why one should not always go by ESPN, rivals, brand x, star ratings, and instead go by number of offers, who the offers are from, coaches, other players, MAXPREPS, other expert pundit sites, blogs, their performance against pros, top, best players, prestigious national all star games they get named to, Olympic teams they get named to, PRO AM'S they play in, pros, top, best players, that mentor them, etc.

That's what you go by. Not just going by only a dumb technical 2, 3 star, NR no star rating, by the sometimes dumb espn, rivals, brand x.

Isabell had 1 hell of a awesome 4,5 star like ON PAPER RESUME.

FACT he did dominate scored 20 to 30 points against Pros Griffin, Jamal Crawford, Brandon Roy, Conly.

FACT, he was mentored trained by Griffin, Jamal Crawford, Brandon Roy, Conly

FACT, some experts, pundit sites, like a MAXPREPs, etc, rated him as high as top 40 at the highest, 2nd, 3rd, 4th best in record BEST WA ball class ever, where 11 to 17 were, 3, 4 star recruits that were nominated, named all americans, we're recruited to great power 5 bcs college teams, and were named to prestigious all star games, and played in prestigious pro ams, and on prestigious AAU teams.

FACT, he was rated by the non espn,rivals,sites, as the #1,#2, best PG, SG, combo PG, SG, in WA.

FACT, a lot of good colleges, showed extremely high interest in him, without offering, because he had already committed to WSU. If he had not committed to WSU, and if he had been still available, all those many that showed a lot of interest in him would have offered him.

FACT, only the top, best players, recruits get named to the prestigious, national, west coast, vs east coast all star game, hosted by Gary Payton

FACT, he was named to that all star game.

FACT, he dominated the best highschool competition.

FACT, he dominated the best AAU competition, from the best AAU reams, like the Oakland soldiers.

FACT, he did dominate the Seattle PRO AM

FACT, he did play in the NBA amateur PRO AM summer 8 team development league, sponsored, coached, by NBA pros.

FACT the last player to dominate Seattle Pro am, NBA pros, dominate highschool, AAU, etc, like Isabel did, was Tony Wroten, who was a 4 star recruit, who is now in NBA.

Those are facts, I did not make them up. I actually posted links to these sites, experts, blogs, like Maxpreps, Seattle times, etc, but obviously you and others didn't read those linked sources, info I posted, and only go by espn, rivals, brand x.

Also I am not going to scour the net to refind, repost those links.

Jourdand, so players like Tony Wroten, Isabel, who dominate, score 20, 30, 40 vs NBA pros, in seattle pro am, who dominate highschool, AAU, who were mentored, trained, worked out with NBA pros, just like Kevin Love, OJ Mayo, Kobe Bryant, LeBron James, Tony Wroten did, and who are named to prestigous, national all star games, etc, are not semi legitimate, reasonable, semi probable, potential pro prospects.

FACT Tony Wroten, Isabell, did the same similar things, and were both semi legitimate, reasonable, semi probable, potential pro prospects.

The difference is that Tony Wroten realized his potential, whereas Isabell is piss in his potential down the toilet.

Jourdand, where I got the 20 point game, is that I heard from either a radio, tv, internet, etc, newsource, that he had scored 20 in a game.

Maybe it was a newsource, maybe it was a rumor.

I don't remember which it is, and I can't remember the source.

But I didn't make it up, or pull it from my but.

Either I am misremembering it, or the new source or rumor, whichever it was got it wrong.

Also those numbers you listed, while not good, is not terrible either.

Cameron dollar only averaged 3 ppg as a freshman at UCLA.

And Gary Payton 2, only averaged 4,5,6 ppg, as a freshman.

He really blew it, getting kicked off team at mizzou, as he was getting a lot of playing time, and was getting better, and may have gotten better his sophmore, junior, senior year.

But now he will never know, have that chance.

Also Jourdand, Isabell was only 5 foot 7, to 5 foot 8, as a freshman, sophmore. He was not only under the radar, but not on anyone's radar.

He was a late bloomer that didn't grow until between his junior to senior year in highschool.

He didn't start to dominate, until the summer between his junior and senior year.

It was then that he dominated AAU, Seattle Pro Am, NBA pros, got mentored by NBA pros, etc.

It was then that people noticed him, expressed interest, wanted to offer him.

But he was already committed to WSU.

And espn, rivals, had already evaluated him as a 3 star, based on how he was as a freshman, sophmore, before he late bloomed dominated from between junior, senior year, til the end of his senior year.

I'll just give you one fact. Isabell is not now nor was he ever considered and NBA prospect by anybody, anywhere anyhow.

"FACT, a lot of good colleges, showed extremely high interest in him, without offering, because he had already committed to WSU. If he had not committed to WSU, and if he had been still available, all those many that showed a lot of interest in him would have offered him."

Mik, come on now. This never stops a good programs from offering.

If you were a top program recruiter, that wanted a top recruit, that was locked up, set, all but signed, to only play at a certain college, would you waste your time, money, etc, and offer? The answer is no.

By the time, Isabell, started getting a lot of interest, 1. A lot of programs did not have very many open spots left. This is not football where have 25 spots. There are only 3 to 6 spots.

2. Most top programs don't want to lose a recruiting battle, war, to a smaller program, and they don't want the embarrassment of a top recruit, saying no, and choosing a smaller program over them the top program.

3. Isabell was all but, almost locked up at WSU. Isabell liked Bone, WSU. When the big boys came to him, and said would you accept an offer, if we offered, the answer was no. He had a big WSU signing party. If he had wanted to go to a better program, he would have. The only reason why he left, was because Bone was fired, and Kent tried to recruit 3, 4 pg's.

4. All the programs knew, found out, he was locked up. And so that's why they didn't offer. The only way they were going to offer, was by asking if we were to offer you, would you accept it. No way they would officially offer him, only to have him decide to stay with WSU. That would be embarrassing to the top, best programs, which is why they didn't offer.

But a lot of programs were interested, and if Isabell had still been available, he would have gotten a lot of offers, instead of the lot of interest he got from programs.

This post was edited on 2/17 4:39 AM by mikalalas

Why waste the time to show interest if he was locked up? Recruits back out of verbals all the time. I would love to hear what your thoughts are on Lacy being drafted, if you think Isabell is a potential first rounder where do you see Lacy? A lottery pick? I think the problem is you don't seem to realize exactly how elite you have to be in order to be drafted at all, much less in the first round. Brock Motum was not drafted, Kevin Pangos from GU is not expected to be drafted. Do you think he is better or considered a better prospect than these two guys or the many many to many to list 20 point plus a game college scores who will go undrafted? There are 2 rounds in the NBA draft, 60 players from all around the world (10 from outside the US) that are the elite of the elite, Isabell wasn't even really considered that elite of a high school player. Not in the top 100 in the country and only ranked 5th in the state of Washington. Sure mistakes are made but that big of a mistake is very unlikely. I understand you wanting to defend your statements to the end, but come on... do you or did you really think he had that kind of potential?

Originally posted by jourdand:
Why waste the time to show interest if he was locked up? Recruits back out of verbals all the time. I would love to hear what your thoughts are on Lacy being drafted, if you think Isabell is a potential first rounder where do you see Lacy? A lottery pick? I think the problem is you don't seem to realize exactly how elite you have to be in order to be drafted at all, much less in the first round. Brock Motum was not drafted, Kevin Pangos from GU is not expected to be drafted. Do you think he is better or considered a better prospect than these two guys or the many many to many to list 20 point plus a game college scores who will go undrafted? There are 2 rounds in the NBA draft, 60 players from all around the world (10 from outside the US) that are the elite of the elite, Isabell wasn't even really considered that elite of a high school player. Not in the top 100 in the country and only ranked 5th in the state of Washington. Sure mistakes are made but that big of a mistake is very unlikely. I understand you wanting to defend your statements to the end, but come on... do you or did you really think he had that kind of potential?
Seems like an inordinate amount of energy is being spent defending a guy who could end up being dismissed by Missouri and end up at CWU. Btw, I wonder what has become of the Microsoft exec's involvement with Isabell (money, transfers, classroom credits).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT