ADVERTISEMENT

Trojans

This is what happens when your FINALLY HEALTHY, have your rotational players, starters FINALLY start to JELL, develop chemistry, learn to play together, learn how to win, etc: And that is you beat NCAA tournament headed, 11-3 USC, by 10 that you were at one point semi blowing out, dominating by 15 points.

WSU's line up of 5. Gueye, 4. Jaki, 3. Rodman, 2. Bamba, 1. Powell, with Mullins, Kymany Houinsou, Crespin, Diongue, Darling, Carlos Rosario, off the bench, is pretty damn good now.

As that line up stays HEALTHY, etc, that line up will win games.

WSU wins at least 13 total games MIMINUM, this season, because of this line up, IF stay HEALTHY, and IF continue to develop, Jell, develop chemistry, play together, continue to learn how to win, etc.

And IF, IF, IF WSU gets Jackson back right before end of season, etc, this team is going to be SPECIAL at end of season, going into post season.

And with CHINYELU next season, etc, as long as Smith doesn't have to replace majority of team, and as long as Healthy, this team will be experienced, very special next season after this season.

This game is proof that it wasn't Smith, and instead WAS THE INJURIES, LACK OF CHEMISTRY, etc, because replacing majority of team, etc.

Really nice win. Cougs will be in most games, just not sure how many W’s they get
I’ll stand by my prediction of 7 and beating USC this weekend from another thread.

They are getting healthier and playing better as a team. They could win a game or 2 in Vegas as well.

Reactions: kougkurt
That’s 2 solid games in a row. This is a PAC 12 win I certainly didn’t expect nice job coach and team. I agree one of the keys is the return of Jaki it may not be evident in a huge stat line but it allows players to play their more natural positions where they are more comfortable.

DIshon Jackson's injury completely disrupted what could have been a solid season. We would have been really tough to deal with down low with his presence. Without him, our lack of wing play has been exposed.

Reactions: cougcowboy
DIshon Jackson's injury completely disrupted what could have been a solid season. We would have been really tough to deal with down low with his presence. Without him, our lack of wing play has been exposed.

Not just Dishon Jackson, but having Jaki unavailable for the first 1/3 to 2/5 of season also greatly hurt.

And having Mullins out for about 10+ days also hurt.

WSU DOMINATED USC WITHOUT Jackson, because it had Jaki, Mullins back without a lot of injuries.

If GONA win without Jackson and Rice, then gonna need the main starters, main first off bench rotational starters, and the FRONT COURT to be RELATIVELY INJURY FREE, in order to develop chemistry, jell, etc, EARLY SEASON.

Once team has JELLED, developed Chemistry, etc, then there is more room for minor, temporary injuries, etc.

Early season, WSU's LOTS OF INJURIES, NOT JUST ONLY JACKSON BEING OUT, SLOWED, STUNTED, ETC, THE DEVELOPMENT, PROGRESSION, GROWTH, ETC, OF THIS TEAM UNTIL NOW, ETC.

I’m not ready to say everything is all good after one win. It was a solid win and the preceding game was well played but ultimately a loss. We still have lost 5 of the last 7

I’m not ready to say everything is all good after one win. It was a solid win and the preceding game was well played but ultimately a loss. We still have lost 5 of the last 7
the difference is the team shot 48 % from 3, they lived by the 3 this time instead of dieing by it. over half of all shots from beyond the arc

the difference is the team shot 48 % from 3, they lived by the 3 this time instead of dieing by it. over half of all shots from beyond the arc
They need a stat for wide open 3s vs contested 3s. Felt like good ball movement led to a lot of really clean looks though they did make some contested and really long 3s (Powell) that you could classify as “lucky”.

Reactions: mikalalas
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT