ADVERTISEMENT

University of Idaho murders

Reactions: PeteTheChop
It worked. And everything I wrote is factual.

Have a nice day.
Oh … not really about kids losing their life but you feeling good about the reaction you think you got . Understood.

You did notice the question … not sure that was a response ?

Your comments make you sound like a petty, sad little person. Four people die and the first thing that comes to your mind is politics. That is very fuggin’ pathetic. Your priorities are beyond f#cked.
Wrong again. These were my first words...

"Horrible. Obviously have to wonder if drugs were involved. Very sad."

Lying is not a good practice Flatland...and Ed.

Wrong again. These were my first words...

"Horrible. Obviously have to wonder if drugs were involved. Very sad."

Lying is not a good practice Flatland...and Ed.
Lying about what ? I asked a question, not sure where there is a lie but as the younger generation would say “whatever”.

Lying about what ? I asked a question, not sure where there is a lie but as the younger generation would say “whatever”.

This is embarrassing for you...

"Oh … not really about kids losing their life but you feeling good about the reaction you think you got . Understood."

My first post above. Read it again.

This is embarrassing for you...

"Oh … not really about kids losing their life but you feeling good about the reaction you think you got . Understood."

My first post above. Read it again.
You know … I don’t even know how to respond . I had blocked you so i could imagine and pretend there aren’t souls like this in the WSU community. Not sure why I unblocked you .

Reminds me of a story … someone who I know verbally abused an innocent cleaning lady, bullied her , questions the cleaning lady on everything .. when it was explained to me by the bully “I tipped her “.
So yeah if you think it is important to bring out the corporate liberal media and how they wanted the shooter to be a whiter person then more power to you .Glad your point was made so succinctly . The aggrieved really isnt the friends and family of the players but white america who have been treated unfairly . Your point is noted.

Reactions: VandalBasher
Condolences to all the friends and families of these young people who lost their lives.

I’m not much of a political or media analyst like How Did This Happen and others but I’m sure we all feel very sad for the innocent victims.

It was very shocking to hear the news. My wife and I have gone through Moscow late in the evening and she had always marveled at what a wonderful little town it was. She said that she saw in article saying that it was the first murder in the town in seven years. Living in a large metro area, we have murders on a nearly weekly basis, I've lived in two apartment complexes where murders occurred and my office used to be in an area where people were murdered at least once per year within a few blocks of it. That still didn't change the shock when it happened. I'm sure that this has been traumatic for the entire University of Idaho and it's absolutely maddening that we live in a world where murders happen. Young people losing their lives over meaningless crap is so frustrating.

If I’m gonna call out Ed for garbage posts, I have to do the same here. Why bring politics into this?

SMH
First mine wasn’t political . A much name if I thought about it was Bernie madoff. Second if you called out every garbage post of mine it would be a full time job .

My daughter knows one of the victims. There are countless rumors about what happened.

For now, let’s hold our Palouse family in our thoughts as they work through this tragedy and let law enforcement do their investigation properly.
The victims and your daughter way too young to be dealing with this senselessness . My daughters are 8 miles away and they for sure don’t know what to make of it other than how sad .

It's terrible, I feel for the families and all the people at the U of I, it's just plain awful. Politicians and others shout for more gun control, others more counseling, more police. Yet no one looks at the real problem, which is our society. Things like this might have happened 30 years ago, but not at the rate they are today, no one seems value a human life. Doesn't matter the age 1, 10 or 100, every life is precocious, why have so many in our society developed this lack of respect for a human life? Don't know the answer, but that is the real problem, as a society many no longer value a human life. There are more and more laws and safeguards put into place each year, yet the problem continues to get worse, so that approach does not appear to be solving the problem.

It's terrible, I feel for the families and all the people at the U of I, it's just plain awful. Politicians and others shout for more gun control, others more counseling, more police. Yet no one looks at the real problem, which is our society. Things like this might have happened 30 years ago, but not at the rate they are today, no one seems value a human life. Doesn't matter the age 1, 10 or 100, every life is precocious, why have so many in our society developed this lack of respect for a human life? Don't know the answer, but that is the real problem, as a society many no longer value a human life. There are more and more laws and safeguards put into place each year, yet the problem continues to get worse, so that approach does not appear to be solving the problem.
Most statistics actually show that homicide rates now are lower than they were 30 years ago. There was a significant (25-30%) uptick between 2019 and 2020, and overall violent crime is increasing again.

I think a significant part of it is perception and press. There is more news faster now, and all of the news outlets love to tell us how bad things are.

As to the reasons...I think it's safe to point to what's becoming cliche now - drugs and untreated mental illness, and an increasing number of kids who've grown up in households where those things existed. Doesn't really matter what laws are in place when you've got people without a grasp on either reality or right & wrong. Add to that the continuing moves to reduce policing and remove consequences, and you get what we've got.

I just read a follow up report that stated an "edged weapon" such as a knife or blade was used. How sick.

I just read a follow up report that stated an "edged weapon" such as a knife or blade was used. How sick.

The whole thing is a bad deal. They are withholding the name(s) of any suspect(s) but they are saying that it was believed to be a targeted attack and the community as a whole isn't in danger, so I'm guessing that they have a very good idea of who did this. It's a sick and disgusting situation regardless.

The whole thing is a bad deal. They are withholding the name(s) of any suspect(s) but they are saying that it was believed to be a targeted attack and the community as a whole isn't in danger, so I'm guessing that they have a very good idea of who did this. It's a sick and disgusting situation regardless.
You suspect some sort of relationship with victim(s) is likely. A house full of girls and one of the girls' boyfriends are the victims. Definitely seems like a targeted motive. (IE jealous rage, eliminate any of the witnesses, suspect saying they were at home sleeping).

You would also suspect that the police might be gathering the evidence so they can charge and arrest. Door cams, cell phones, etc. Likely takes a little bit of time and they can't afford to "botch" this given the grave nature of this tragedy.

Reactions: Flatlandcoug
You suspect some sort of relationship with victim(s) is likely. A house full of girls and one of the girls' boyfriends are the victims. Definitely seems like a targeted motive. (IE jealous rage, eliminate any of the witnesses, suspect saying they were at home sleeping).

You would also suspect that the police might be gathering the evidence so they can charge and arrest. Door cams, cell phones, etc. Likely takes a little bit of time and they can't afford to "botch" this given the grave nature of this tragedy.
There's a video circulating now purporting to be a guy following a couple of the girls in downtown Moscow late Saturday/early Sunday. The clip I saw wasn't terribly suspicious, but if nothing else it provides a potential witness.

There's so much video out there now that I've got to believe that someone unknowingly has evidence that they don't know they have. And, like you say, they might have a pretty good idea who did this, but need to make sure they carefully build an airtight case.

So the mayor was on national TV the other day saying there is no danger to the community...and the host grilled him pretty tough asking how can you say that when someone who just murdered 4 people is on the loose.

Now the police are saying there is a danger to the community...which is fairly obvious.

Even if this was a targeted attack, someone capable of killing the bystanders is a threat to the community....so a pretty irresponsible statement imo

So the mayor was on national TV the other day saying there is no danger to the community...and the host grilled him pretty tough asking how can you say that when someone who just murdered 4 people is on the loose.

Now the police are saying there is a danger to the community...which is fairly obvious.

Even if this was a targeted attack, someone capable of killing the bystanders is a threat to the community....so a pretty irresponsible statement imo
The statements suggest that they found something in the investigation that points to a reason these 4 were attacked. Something that says the killer didn’t randomly pick them. They can’t say what that is without letting the killer know.

So, that would be a reason to say there’s no threat to the general community. But since people didn’t believe that, and the media attacked the comment, fine…yes, the killer is at large and we can’t say he won’t kill again.

But he’s still probably not going to wander into a random house.

I’m very curious what the story is with the other 2 roommates - apparently they were home but weren’t injured. Being a Saturday night in a college town, were they drunk and slept until noon? Were they roofied? Where we they and who were they with?

The statements suggest that they found something in the investigation that points to a reason these 4 were attacked. Something that says the killer didn’t randomly pick them. They can’t say what that is without letting the killer know.

So, that would be a reason to say there’s no threat to the general community. But since people didn’t believe that, and the media attacked the comment, fine…yes, the killer is at large and we can’t say he won’t kill again.

I’m very curious what the story is with the other 2 roommates - apparently they were home but weren’t injured. Being a Saturday night in a college town, were they drunk and slept until noon? Were they roofied? Where we they and who were they with?
Tied up. Stoned. Who knows.

4 people were murdered with a knife - that's personal. And there's some rage there, being able to methodically go from one person to the next and perform that act within inches of their face.

The thought of this person being on the streets is frankly terrifying, but there is no way they don't have 1 or 2 strong suspects. This was someone who knew the victims, probably somewhat well.

4 people were murdered with a knife - that's personal. And there's some rage there, being able to methodically go from one person to the next and perform that act within inches of their face.

The thought of this person being on the streets is frankly terrifying, but there is no way they don't have 1 or 2 strong suspects. This was someone who knew the victims, probably somewhat well.
I have a tough time believing it was one person. And the killer or killers...they knew them and it is interesting two were spared...why?

Having two daughters in Pullman there is a sense of unease on campus. I let them now it was personal and targeted, but they did say a lot of kids are leaving a day or two earlier than they normally would because kids in Pullman are a smidge frightened.

What a shame for the families. They send their kids off to an area that this doesn't happen. A place where they can grow up, make a view mistakes and laugh about them when you are in your forties.

When I was on campus my freshman year a jealous ex boyfriend came over from Bothell, stood outside of his ex girlfriends room on 5th floor Perham and hit the detonate button. Lots of damage to the building but no one other than El Kaboom was hurt.

ADVERTISEMENT