ADVERTISEMENT

University of Idaho murders

My whole thought from the beginning has been that a passion killing on 4 people doesn't make sense. What are the chances of someone being that angry at 4 people? Usually knife killings are born from jealousy or being wronged ie a cheating spouse or business partner screwing you over etc etc.

So that is why I jump to the random psychopath scenario...and it may just be that they were friends with a serial killer since there was no forced entry.
Hard to say what reports are reliable anymore, but I just read one where one of the victims’ parents say that they killer was sloppy, “made a mess,” and left behind so much evidence that Moscow PD had to call in additional help just for the analysis.

Not sure that fits with the MPD statements, the broad search for security video, and their continuing statements that there are no suspects. But…hopefully.

Still…as meticulous as he was for years, as well as he covered his tracks, he goes down due to a stupid mistake. He could have used the internet to see if he could safely send digital files…instead he asked the police who were hunting him. Dumb. He’d also slipped before that and got his vehicle identified, although I don’t recall how. It was pretty dumb too, though.

He had put a cereal box in the back of a pickup at Home Depot (right next door to the YMCA that I work out at) and his Jeep Cherokee got caught by their surveillance camera.

The most unnerving thing for my wife and I was that we swear that a Park City code compliance truck was in our neighborhood a couple weeks before he was arrested.....and Dennis Rader worked in code compliance for Park City. The truck had no business being in our neighborhood since we live several miles from there. My wife is convinced that he was looking for his next victim and was scouting out our neighborhood.

One of the men that owned the engineering firm that I used to work for had been working with one of BTK's victims in the early 80's at the time of her death. Another one of my co-workers lived one block away from Rader and had received a ticket from Rader for failing to properly mow his lawn. The church that he attended is just under 2 miles from my house. I wasn't disappointed to learn that he was off the streets.

He had put a cereal box in the back of a pickup at Home Depot (right next door to the YMCA that I work out at) and his Jeep Cherokee got caught by their surveillance camera.

The most unnerving thing for my wife and I was that we swear that a Park City code compliance truck was in our neighborhood a couple weeks before he was arrested.....and Dennis Rader worked in code compliance for Park City. The truck had no business being in our neighborhood since we live several miles from there. My wife is convinced that he was looking for his next victim and was scouting out our neighborhood.

One of the men that owned the engineering firm that I used to work for had been working with one of BTK's victims in the early 80's at the time of her death. Another one of my co-workers lived one block away from Rader and had received a ticket from Rader for failing to properly mow his lawn. The church that he attended is just under 2 miles from my house. I wasn't disappointed to learn that he was off the streets.
That’s right…forgot about the cereal box episode. The cops never knew about it until he asked if they’d gotten it. Then they looked, found it, and found the video of his truck.

And your wife was sort of right - from what I’ve read, he was actively searching for his next victim and planned a murder that fall.

I’m sure they must have some video from neighborhood cameras. I mean in my neighborhood alone I can’t walk outside without knowing cameras are watching me. When something happens someone is always asking did you catch anything on video.

Regardless of what they're telling the media, the feds are heavily involved behind the scenes. This is a national story.

Reactions: VandalBasher
Regardless of what they're telling the media, the feds are heavily involved behind the scenes. This is a national story.
Hell yes. The number of agents they’ve put on it, plus forensic and behavioral teams, show that they’re providing more than moral support.

I’m just hoping it’s toward the top of their priority list, and they can come up with a suspect soon.

Reactions: 79COUG
The FBI has massive resources and manpower compared to the Moscow PD and ISP. Running down the cell phone signals, splicing together surveillance video, debit/credit card transactions, etc. to build a timeline and track movements takes a lot of time and manpower.

Reactions: 79COUG
You know … I don’t even know how to respond . I had blocked you so i could imagine and pretend there aren’t souls like this in the WSU community. Not sure why I unblocked you .

Reminds me of a story … someone who I know verbally abused an innocent cleaning lady, bullied her , questions the cleaning lady on everything .. when it was explained to me by the bully “I tipped her “.
So yeah if you think it is important to bring out the corporate liberal media and how they wanted the shooter to be a whiter person then more power to you .Glad your point was made so succinctly . The aggrieved really isnt the friends and family of the players but white america who have been treated unfairly . Your point is noted.

Yes...please tell us another story. Your virtue signaling is every bit as good as Jeff Nusser's.

Reactions: L.S. Dietz
If I’m gonna call out Ed for garbage posts, I have to do the same here. Why bring politics into this?

SMH
Just to get a rise out of the virtue signalers. It worked. I probably shouldn't have done it. But I did speak the truth.

You still felt the need to make this political right away. That makes you pathetic. Maybe take your MAGA bullsh!t someplace else.
No. Not right away. I already showed you that you were wrong. What more do you need?
PS it has nothing to do with "MAGA." It is just the truth.

My daughter knows one of the victims. There are countless rumors about what happened.

For now, let’s hold our Palouse family in our thoughts as they work through this tragedy and let law enforcement do their investigation properly.

Oh wow. Small world.

It seems clear the authorities know much more than they are letting on. This horrible crime is a real head scratcher. Knives used for murder are very personal (as opposed to guns). Obviously a lot quieter too. Shows once again that if one wants to kill others, then guns are not needed. Cars and knives and bombs work well too.

This multiple murder doesn't make any sense to me. A female killer? Very sad.

It's terrible, I feel for the families and all the people at the U of I, it's just plain awful. Politicians and others shout for more gun control, others more counseling, more police. Yet no one looks at the real problem, which is our society. Things like this might have happened 30 years ago, but not at the rate they are today, no one seems value a human life. Doesn't matter the age 1, 10 or 100, every life is precocious, why have so many in our society developed this lack of respect for a human life? Don't know the answer, but that is the real problem, as a society many no longer value a human life. There are more and more laws and safeguards put into place each year, yet the problem continues to get worse, so that approach does not appear to be solving the problem.

Well, many devalue human life before birth...so it's no surprise that that continues on in later stages of development. Good post.

I think a lot of these are baffling at first, but good police work and witnesses start providing tiny pieces that eventually form a clear picture. Just takes time. I have a hard time believing that someone could commit 4 murders like this without leaving something behind…and I think the more carefully it’s pulled off, the less likely it’s someone who’s completely unhinged.

Today’s tidbits - the other 2 roommates are cooperating, neither of them called 911. And the victims had multiple wounds from a large knife (I think the coroner said “very large”), and they’re now checking local stores for anyone who bought a fixed blade recently. That makes me think hunting knife…which isn’t something you casually carry around, it’s something you intentionally take to a specific place to use.
Yes...there has to be some DNA that doesn't belong there at the scene.

Anyone have any updates much appreciated
Not much more than rumor and innuendo. About the only things to come out this week were that the 2 girls were in the same room, and there was a sixth roommate on the lease who wasn’t there at the time.

And the prosecutor & PD aren’t communicating very well.

Not much more than rumor and innuendo. About the only things to come out this week were that the 2 girls were in the same room, and there was a sixth roommate on the lease who wasn’t there at the time.

Thanks 95, you're awesome as usual.

Reactions: PeteTheChop

On the one hand there’s probably a lot that’s being kept from the public on the other if you’ve got a pretty good hunch who may have committed 4 murders you probably aren’t sitting on your hands while that psychopath walks free right? 48 hours…hope news of an arrest here soon.

On the one hand there’s probably a lot that’s being kept from the public on the other if you’ve got a pretty good hunch who may have committed 4 murders you probably aren’t sitting on your hands while that psychopath walks free right? 48 hours…hope news of an arrest here soon.
I’m hoping that there’s a metric shit-ton they’re not making known publicly for the sake of building a case. But the fact that they haven’t even indicated a “person of interest” makes me think that they’re waiting on lab results to zero in on someone.

I’m hoping that there’s a metric shit-ton they’re not making known publicly for the sake of building a case. But the fact that they haven’t even indicated a “person of interest” makes me think that they’re waiting on lab results to zero in on someone.
I suppose if the have a suspect or two they have plenty of eyes on them in the meantime.

Not sure that’s so out of the ordinary when you know there’s going to be 60 UW football players in the area
Fair point. I usually see a bunch of cops on their sidelines. This time I saw them around campus, and plainclothes guys on the concourse.

Some people are sick!
Neighbors also began sharing the story of a man on the outskirts of town who reported that his neighbor’s dog had been found a few weeks before the murders, skinned from neck to legs.

Some people are sick!
Neighbors also began sharing the story of a man on the outskirts of town who reported that his neighbor’s dog had been found a few weeks before the murders, skinned from neck to legs.

Yeah, cops said the skinned dog was unrelated. No details, just a denial of relevance. Lots of reports of new, weird stuff over the last month

News Nation tends to go a little sensational, particularly in their crime stories, and seems light on reliable sourcing. But I’ve wondered about whether there were differences in the attacks that might imply a target.

Hey, I've never watched a single second of News Nation, but my local NBC station (owned by the same company as News Nation) tells me that News Nation is the only truly fair, balanced and accurate source for news. I saw it on TV....so it must be true.

On a separate note, while I understand the interest in what happened in Idaho because of the unique nature of the crime, it is not good that so many people on the internet are creating content talking about the murders in order to draw in views. If the murders were done by a serial killer, the national obsession is only likely to fuel his desire to commit more murders. Sociopaths love attention. Dennis Rader (aka BTK) jerked off to the news coverage as much, if not more than he did for the murders themselves. We have a country full of wannabe internet celebrities potentially feeding a psycho's ego.

Reactions: spongeandshoot
Hey, I've never watched a single second of News Nation, but my local NBC station (owned by the same company as News Nation) tells me that News Nation is the only truly fair, balanced and accurate source for news. I saw it on TV....so it must be true.

On a separate note, while I understand the interest in what happened in Idaho because of the unique nature of the crime, it is not good that so many people on the internet are creating content talking about the murders in order to draw in views. If the murders were done by a serial killer, the national obsession is only likely to fuel his desire to commit more murders. Sociopaths love attention. Dennis Rader (aka BTK) jerked off to the news coverage as much, if not more than he did for the murders themselves. We have a country full of wannabe internet celebrities potentially feeding a psycho's ego.
Yeah but trying to change any of this is like trying mop up the ocean with a sponge. Just how it is now…positive thing is cameras everywhere, everyone’s on their phones taking pictures, makes it a lot harder for psychopaths to stay under the radar. Ted Bundy wouldn’t have gotten very far this day and age.

I find it interesting that it’s been reported that there was a knife killing in Washougal, Wa. and also in Marion County, Oregon in recent years. Both of these happened in the middle of the night while the victim was asleep.

News Nation tends to go a little sensational, particularly in their crime stories, and seems light on reliable sourcing. But I’ve wondered about whether there were differences in the attacks that might imply a target.
Her parents said so in an interview with Fox.

Yeah but trying to change any of this is like trying mop up the ocean with a sponge. Just how it is now…positive thing is cameras everywhere, everyone’s on their phones taking pictures, makes it a lot harder for psychopaths to stay under the radar. Ted Bundy wouldn’t have gotten very far this day and age.

That's fair enough. There is always a chance that some internet sleuth will help break the case.

Her parents said so in an interview with Fox.
What’s messed up on twitter they found a kid who was at the food truck video and people stalking him. They are posting pictures of him and his elk . He killed an elk and what looks like a KBar knife that he used to cut/clean his kill and he’s had remove his picture because people are accusing him of being the killer.

What’s messed up on twitter they found a kid who was at the food truck video and people stalking him. They are posting pictures of him and his elk . He killed an elk and what looks like a KBar knife that he used to cut/clean his kill and he’s had remove his picture because people are accusing him of being the killer.
The boyfriend that was called from the 2 girls' phones took a bunch of heat too. In the absence of hard information, people are assigning guilt based on very thin circumstance.

People do dumb stuff when emotional ex. voting for Biden.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT