ADVERTISEMENT

University of Idaho murders

You know…amongst all the other things about these murders that don’t make sense, one thing I’m having trouble figuring out is how the couple that were killed - Ethan and Xana - how is it that their time is completely unaccounted for for ~4 hours? They’re at a party at the frat house, they’re gone for 4 hours, and they’re home at 1. Someone had to see them or be with them during that time. The movements of the 2 girls are pretty well covered during the same period - people saw them, talked to them. There’s pictures and video. How are 2 of the victims so well tracked, and for the other 2, there’s nothing?
I wasnt aware of that time line Gap. Any chance they’d been home that whole time or has that been ruled out as well?

I wasnt aware of that time line Gap. Any chance they’d been home that whole time or has that been ruled out as well?
The way it’s been reported, they’re known to have gotten home around 1, and they’re unaccounted for for about 4 hours before that.
And the frat party was only a couple blocks from home.

I know Idaho offered their students an online option to finish the semester due to safety concerns. I haven’t heard that WSU is doing anything similar. If this really is either a random killer or predator, I wouldn’t feel great about my security at WSU either.
My daughter is leaning towards going to WSU next year Vs playing basketball and or running track at a smaller school but I’ll be honest, this gives me pause as a parent to send my daughter there.

Last edited:
I know Idaho offered their students an online option to finish the semester due to safety concerns. I haven’t heard that WSU is doing anything similar. If this really is either a random killer or predator, I wouldn’t feel great about my security at WSU either.
My daughter is leaning towards going to WSU next year Vs playing basketball and or running track at a smaller school but I’ll be honest, this gives me pause as a parent to send my daughter there.
I'll be frank with you... my daughter is in her 3rd year. She's doing great now but her and I feel that perhaps a smaller school would have been better. She went to hs in Odessa and really she wasn't prepared for all the temptations and distractions her first couple of years. It jacked up her gpa to the point where getting into a top notch law school is going to be weighed heavily by her LSAT score... like top 5 percentage score.
But every kid is different. I hope if your daughter goes to WSU she'll do great!
As far as safety goes...she's surprisingly very street smart and aware (thanks to her old man). She feels safe but never takes chances.

I’ve not heard that WSU offered that option either. But they’ve upped the presence of security on campus. The insistence from MPD and ISP that it was targeted has to be based on something, and the surrounding agencies seem satisfied by that, even if we don’t know what the basis is.

I’m 100% sure that WSUPD has been kept up to date. Maybe not right at the leading edge of the case, but close enough to be able to make their own calls about campus safety.

Just wish they were able to release a little more - either the basis for deciding it was targeted, or better yet a suspect. A behavioral profile might even be enough. The absence of hard information has led to a lot of speculation, and then led to pseudo-news sources repackaging speculation as news. That ends up with the current situation where there are people drawing parallels to Ted Bundy. That’s probably completely wrong, and in the event it’s true it’s pretty flattering to the killer and is going to encourage another attack.

I’ve not heard that WSU offered that option either. But they’ve upped the presence of security on campus. The insistence from MPD and ISP that it was targeted has to be based on something, and the surrounding agencies seem satisfied by that, even if we don’t know what the basis is.

I’m 100% sure that WSUPD has been kept up to date. Maybe not right at the leading edge of the case, but close enough to be able to make their own calls about campus safety.

Just wish they were able to release a little more - either the basis for deciding it was targeted, or better yet a suspect. A behavioral profile might even be enough. The absence of hard information has led to a lot of speculation, and then led to pseudo-news sources repackaging speculation as news. That ends up with the current situation where there are people drawing parallels to Ted Bundy. That’s probably completely wrong, and in the event it’s true it’s pretty flattering to the killer and is going to encourage another attack.
WSU has not offered that option.

They're closing in on someone.

What would a person do that just killed 4 people and has gotten away with it for weeks do when they feel the walls closing in?
Based on history, they have their parents get them into Canada and hop a flight to Ireland. Although a non-extradition country would be a better idea.

Reactions: LeachPack
They're closing in on someone.

What would a person do that just killed 4 people and has gotten away with it for weeks do when they feel the walls closing in?
I know it’s Moscow…but don’t they have cameras on intersections? If they’ve got a car they’re looking for, seems like they should be able to look at intersections at the approximate time. That’ll give them an opportunity to see license plates too.

I know it’s Moscow…but don’t they have cameras on intersections? If they’ve got a car they’re looking for, seems like they should be able to look at intersections at the approximate time. That’ll give them an opportunity to see license plates too.
Dad’s weekend . Check all hotels and air b and b’s see if they had a white Hyundai registered that weekend .

Geezus, just look in the dmv for white hyundais and narrow it down. I'm boggled why this is such a struggle for them, other than they are feigning incompetence to make the killer relax and possible slip up.

Reactions: justinbgocougs
Geezus, just look in the dmv for white hyundais and narrow it down. I'm boggled why this is such a struggle for them, other than they are feigning incompetence to make the killer relax and possible slip up.
Yeah seems odd…there can’t be that many white Hindais of that model within spitting distance of Moscow. Seems anyone with the right resources could find the 10-15 maybe that match that and get to work.

Good news though seems like first news of a real lead. Sure takes a while to piece the digital together

Reactions: BleedCrimsonandGray
I think I'm with you on this. Four weeks after the murders and only now are tips being requested for a potential suspicious vehicle being solicited. To me it doesn't give me confidence that they really have anything concrete or promising. That's all I have to say about that.

Yeah seems odd…there can’t be that many white Hindais of that model within spitting distance of Moscow. Seems anyone with the right resources could find the 10-15 maybe that match that and get to work.

Good news though seems like first news of a real lead. Sure takes a while to piece the digital together
90 you are making an assumption the killer was in area.. They could have come over for dad's weekend?

They’re probably watching the guy and put the news out to see how he will react.

I had a guy with a really uniquely painted vehicle break into my car (captured on security footage). Local PD posted the pics on Facebook. The guy disappeared for a week and returned with him car, DIY painted, all black.

Reactions: Coug90
90 you are making an assumption the killer was in area.. They could have come over for dad's weekend?
Not the assumption I’m making. Traffic cams, ring cameras, etc. my assumption is over the course of a couple of days you’re not going to have more than 10-15 white hundai Elantra’s in the area.

At either rate you’d probably start with any digital stuff you have to identify a potential match along with anything close by and work your way out geographically. Might be Seattle, might be Boise if that car isn’t from the immediate area but doubtful anyone drove there from southern cal or the east coast.

Not the assumption I’m making. Traffic cams, ring cameras, etc. my assumption is over the course of a couple of days you’re not going to have more than 10-15 white hundai Elantra’s in the area.

At either rate you’d probably start with any digital stuff you have to identify a potential match along with anything close by and work your way out geographically. Might be Seattle, might be Boise if that car isn’t from the immediate area but doubtful anyone drove there from southern cal or the east coast.
Oh for sure. I would call all the dealers and start there. I would call all the hotels that four day weekend. The FBI will find that car. Not sure if the people inside have any info, we shall see.

I'll be frank with you... my daughter is in her 3rd year. She's doing great now but her and I feel that perhaps a smaller school would have been better. She went to hs in Odessa and really she wasn't prepared for all the temptations and distractions her first couple of years. It jacked up her gpa to the point where getting into a top notch law school is going to be weighed heavily by her LSAT score... like top 5 percentage score.
But every kid is different. I hope if your daughter goes to WSU she'll do great!
As far as safety goes...she's surprisingly very street smart and aware (thanks to her old man). She feels safe but never takes chances.

It's important for a student to pick the right environment for them to be in. I loved being at WSU and even if the party atmosphere of the late 80's and early 90's had an impact on my grades, it was absolutely one of the best times in my life. I wouldn't trade my WSU experience for any other school.

That said, my wife went to a small, liberal arts college with fewer than 900 students. Almost no partying, small classes, "small town" culture and the perfect place for her to be.

I just hope that people don't avoid WSU and Idaho because of one bad event. I live in a decent size city (a little over 600k in the metro area) and we usually have over 3 dozen homicides in any given year. In 2020, we had 59 homicides. The circumstances in the Moscow case are startling, but until there is another event, it's reasonable to assume that the initial reports that it wasn't random are valid and that anyone using normal caution has nothing to worry about. I don't lay awake at night worrying that I'm going to be a homicide victim just because three dozen people have been murdered in my town. Until there is evidence to the contrary, nobody in Pullman or Moscow should think differently.

I think it's even narrower than that. How many white 2011-2013 Hyundai Elantras are going to show up on traffic cameras at 3AM on 11/13? My guess is you don't need both hands to count them.

I think I'm with you on this. Four weeks after the murders and only now are tips being requested for a potential suspicious vehicle being solicited. To me it doesn't give me confidence that they really have anything concrete or promising. That's all I have to say about that.
I’d guess they’ve known about the Hyundai for weeks but didn’t want to tip their hand. They’ve probably exhausted all leads to figure out who it is eliminating suspects 1 by 1 so now they need the help of the public.

Tell me ~3 good things Trump did.

I don't care for Trump or Obama.

1. Tax Cuts and Jobs (understanding some will say not a good thing, but it put more money in your pocket);
2. Filled a large number of judicial seats that came open during the Obama administration; and
3. Transitioned the DOD away from the War on Terror, and fighting insurgency to fighting a near peer rival (China).

For fun's sake-
Obama:
1. Affordable Care Act (understanding some will say not a good thing, similar to Tax Cuts and Jobs Act);
2. Pulled the trigger on Bin Laden; and
3. ???

Making it hard for investigators with all the DNA in that house.

I don’t think that’s as big a problem as the media makes it out to be.

Sure, there will be trace DNA left behind, especially in common areas of the house, likely less in the bedrooms. But if there’s another person’s DNA mixed into a victim’s blood, that’s significant. If that same DNA is mixed into the blood of multiple victims in multiple locations, that’s a giant flag. And, if there are drops of blood of the same DNA separately, that’s a smoking gun.

I suspect that they have strong leads they’re not discussing. The fact that the FBI just put more agents on it does not say to me that they’re running out of leads…it says that they have information they’re actively pursuing.

Also my own assumption, but I think If it was a random psycho thrill-killer, there would have been a repeat by now.

Sure, there will be trace DNA left behind, especially in common areas of the house, likely less in the bedrooms. But if there’s another person’s DNA mixed into a victim’s blood, that’s significant. If that same DNA is mixed into the blood of multiple victims in multiple locations, that’s a giant flag. And, if there are drops of blood of the same DNA separately, that’s a smoking gun.

I suspect that they have strong leads they’re not discussing. The fact that the FBI just put more agents on it does not say to me that they’re running out of leads…it says that they have information they’re actively pursuing.

Also my own assumption, but I think If it was a random psycho thrill-killer, there would have been a repeat by now.
Supposedly a white vehicle that was there was found in Eugene abandoned. Just a bunch of info out there on many things going on.

Supposedly a white vehicle that was there was found in Eugene abandoned. Just a bunch of info out there on many things going on.
They said that it wasn’t the same vehicle. Still a Hyundai Elantra, but no indication it was in Moscow.

But yeah, in the absence of information, rumor, speculation, and just plain BS is taking over.

They said that it wasn’t the same vehicle. Still a Hyundai Elantra, but no indication it was in Moscow.

But yeah, in the absence of information, rumor, speculation, and just plain BS is taking over.
Moscow PD also asked people to quit harassing the owner.

“According to the MPD, the vehicle, which is registered out of Colorado, was involved in a collision and subsequently impounded. Investigators do not believe the female owner has any relation to any property in Moscow or the ongoing murder investigations. The public is asked to stop contacting the owner. “

Great points. If I were to guess they have it narrowed down and have one or multiple people under 24/7 surveillance. Considering at least one of the victims appeared to fight back there’s likely DNA linked to that…under fingernails, etc.

Who knows when an arrest will be made but they have probably pieced a lot of things together over the past couple of weeks, and will get closer to an airtight case as DNA evidence comes back. When there’s no witnesses or weapon these things can take a while to sort out.

It’s getting crazy on what I’ve been reading

A sad biproduct of this with SM craziness. Can you imagine being a college kid one day doing college kid things…going out to a bar, getting a late night snack at a food truck, hanging out w friends and before you know it thousands, maybe millions of people are accusing you online of the unthinkable?

Having two daughters in Pullman there is a sense of unease on campus. I let them now it was personal and targeted, but they did say a lot of kids are leaving a day or two earlier than they normally would because kids in Pullman are a smidge frightened.

What a shame for the families. They send their kids off to an area that this doesn't happen. A place where they can grow up, make a view mistakes and laugh about them when you are in your forties.

When I was on campus my freshman year a jealous ex boyfriend came over from Bothell, stood outside of his ex girlfriends room on 5th floor Perham and hit the detonate button. Lots of damage to the building but no one other than El Kaboom was hurt.
I was sitting in my room first floor streit when the bomb went off

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT