M-I-Coug

Hall Of Fame
Oct 13, 2002
Mercer Island
Huge test on Saturday.

9-0 UNVL in the MGM Grand Garden Arena.

Anybody have an update on Jabe Mullins?

Last edited:
In N. Kentucky post-game presser, Smith said Mullins was probably 7-10 days out, Jakimovski longer.

In N. Kentucky post-game presser, Smith said Mullins was probably 7-10 days out, Jakimovski longer.
I wonder what the nature of Mullins' injury is and how/when he got hurt. I don't recall anything happening to him vs. Detroit Mercy, the last game he played.

Glad Cougar

Should have the same players available as last game. WSU will definitely be the underdog against UNLV but even with our injuries we appear to match up pretty well. UNLV doesn’t have a player over 6-7 that is significant contributor which could bode well for Gueye.

I wonder what the nature of Mullins' injury is and how/when he got hurt. I don't recall anything happening to him vs. Detroit Mercy, the last game he played.

Glad Cougar
Apparently, he hurt a knee in either practice or a walk-through before the first game he missed.

Set the DVR for UNLV...and Albany vs. Providence is currently on FS1.

"Wait...I recognize that voice".

Surprised to learn that Dave Sims does play-by-play for college hoops.

Sims apparently does Big East Hoops for FS1. He's got the distinctive voice of the Mariners you're so used to hearing.

Good for him.

Last edited:
Set the DVR for UNLV...and Albany vs. Providence is currently on FS1.

"Wait...I recognize that voice".

Surprised to learn that Dave Sims does play-by-play for college hoops.

Sims apparently does Big East Hoops for FS1. He's got the distinctive voice of the Mariners you're so used to hearing.

Good for him.

I don't have DVR. I get DIRECT TV FREE from my apartment complex management, as part of rental contract.

SNOW IS KILLING MY DIRECT TV.

FS1 on channel 219 and most of other channels are temporarily not working because of snow.

Oh well sigh.... WSU is going to lose anyways...

At least get the radio stream on my smart phone.

I don't have DVR. I get DIRECT TV FREE from my apartment complex management, as part of rental contract.

SNOW IS KILLING MY DIRECT TV.

FS1 on channel 219 and most of other channels are temporarily not working because of snow.

Oh well sigh.... WSU is going to lose anyways...

At least get the radio stream on my smart phone.

WSU altho might still lose are playing a great game, close game wise to UNLV.

WSU 6 out of 9 from 3, and BIG TIME REBOUNDING DOMINATION.

If WSU didn't have 16 turnovers, to a TOUGH UNLV defense, WSU would be winning, and not behind by 1.

If WSU limits turnovers, continues good shooting, rebound advantage, and makes adjustments, WSU could win by 5 to 10 points.

Shocked, I thought 9-0 UNLV, would be semi BLOWING WSU OUT by now.

Pleasantly surprised.

Both teams come out blistering in the 2nd half. Coug's 5-5 from 3, but still down 4 with UNLV shooting 7-10 out of the half.

We need to figure out how to make them pay for overplaying, plus get more stops.

Both teams come out blistering in the 2nd half. Coug's 5-5 from 3, but still down 4 with UNLV shooting 7-10 out of the half.

We need to figure out how to make them pay for overplaying, plus get more stops.
All i see is lazy passing and no offense

Utah terrible shooting. Today so many turnovers. Don't know how many but seems like 25+. Two very winnable games down the drain.

Yeah the turnovers were terribly bad.

BUT UNLV is 10-0, COMBINED with WSU still having key INJURED players, and WSU just barely lost to that TOUGH 10-0 UNLV, that EVERYONE EXPECTED WSU TO LOSE, GET BLOWN OUT.

If WSU wasn't so injured, and was semi healthy, and had time to jell, develop chemistry, learn to play together, then WSU would beat UNLV by 5-10, assuming, if WSU doesn't turn the ball over so much.

That said, if WSU didn't turn over the ball so much, WSU would have won by 5-10-15, so really need to work on taking care of ball, limiting turnovers.

That 18-0 run by UNLV was a killer. There were at least 5 turnovers in that stretch alone. Amazing to shoot as well as the Cougs did, especially from 3, and still lose. Or you can say it's amazing to have 22 turnovers in a game and give up 18 straight points, yet lose only by 4 to an undefeated team. Either way, there are some good things to come away with but it's still a loss.

The turnovers not only gave UNLV a lot of extra points, it was especially hard to see WSU give up a possession without getting a shot off in a game in which they shot so well.

Glad Cougar

We also aren't able to generate turnovers. UNLV had 7 turnovers the entire game. Only 1 steal for us (they had 12).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT