ADVERTISEMENT

UNR

This feels like a trap game. Thought that since the beginning of the season. I have the Cougs winning, but I'd bet Reno in this one. It's their biggest game of the season and our most insignificant game the rest of the way.

This feels like a trap game. Thought that since the beginning of the season. I have the Cougs winning, but I'd bet Reno in this one. It's their biggest game of the season and our most insignificant game the rest of the way.

I could see us winning 38-17 in this game. Leach has shown early and often that he'd rather go for it than kick and I'm going to say that we'll have two other drives stopped on 4th down in their territory.

56-17 Cougs. UNR is not at all good. We light them up. Falk throws for 400+ and 6 TDs. TH plays the last 10 minutes. I take the Cougs even with the crazy spread.

Reactions: earldacoug
56-17 Cougs. UNR is not at all good. We light them up. Falk throws for 400+ and 6 TDs. TH plays the last 10 minutes. I take the Cougs even with the crazy spread.
I'm with you on this. They just lost to probably one of the lesser FCS schools out there. Add to that a true Freshman QB and their starting DT being out as well. This game shouldn't be even remotely close and if it is, I will be fretting the U$C game the following Friday when I'm sitting in the stands.

Games with spreads like this are a real crapshoot, no brains or knowledge required. UNR could come in determined to prove that they are not as bad as advertised and with an intent to defend their self esteem. We read the blogs and sports pages and relax. A fumble here, an interception there and it's a close game. UNR comes in dreading the worst. We jump on them early. What competitive spirit the Wolfpack started with dissipates and it's a rout. The players in Vegas are usually fairly correct in their expectations but games like this have so many unpredictable factors that the final score could be 27 plus or minus 20. We'll know which way the wind is going to blow by the end of the first quarter. But to bet on the outcome, no thanks.

At that spread I would take Nevada. Sure, we might blow that number away. But we also might come out flat or shoot ourselves in the foot. I think the total is roughly 68. That sounds about right...but if I was betting, I'd go with the under for the same reasons that 28 seems too rich as a spread.

I'm wondering just how bad UNR actually is. Idaho St is bad, bad loss, but they played Northwestern pretty close and barely lost to Toledo, who won 9 games last year.

At that spread I would take Nevada. Sure, we might blow that number away. But we also might come out flat or shoot ourselves in the foot. I think the total is roughly 68. That sounds about right...but if I was betting, I'd go with the under for the same reasons that 28 seems too rich as a spread.

Agree. I wouldn't touch that point spread.

Yup.it is tough to see how a senior QB is "lacking in confidence" Falk should be feasting on inferior cupcakes at this time in his career.

you mean a cupcake like oregon state? you mean feasting like 37 of 49 for 396 yards and 6 TDs against no INTs?

you're right. he should totally be doing that.

It's half time of the Nevada game. The last six quarters, Falk is 57-78 (73%) for 704 yards, with 10TD's and no Int's. When is Leach going to pull the hook?

Perhaps if he freezes up against USC? I hope Falk plays well as he cougs need to win If not,use the hook Captain Hook.WSU cannot start up like they did against udub last year.

Perhaps if he freezes up against USC? I hope Falk plays well as he cougs need to win If not,use the hook Captain Hook.WSU cannot start up like they did against udub last year.

Jeezus dude, ok. If the starter plays like crap, replace him. Got it.

I'm wondering just how bad UNR actually is. Idaho St is bad, bad loss, but they played Northwestern pretty close and barely lost to Toledo, who won 9 games last year.

And to answer my own question. UNR is bad. Really really bad. Oh, their defense. o_O

Reactions: earldacoug
And to answer my own question. UNR is bad. Really really bad. Oh, their defense. o_O
That is very true. The nice thing about this game is that the Cougars play made them look as bad as they are. We have seen the Cougars, and to be honest, other teams, play down to the level of the competition. We didn't see any of that this game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT