ADVERTISEMENT

Utah is STILL the most overrated team in the country

chipdouglas

Hall Of Fame
Mar 16, 2005
I just hate being right. Utah didn't lay an egg tonight - they just aren't that good. People thought they were because they played nobody - and still lost a game. How many hours were spent typing screeds to the contrary?

They just took an involuntary colonoscopy courtesy of Oregon, a 37-15 blowout. Could have gotten to 40+ but they took a knee in the red zone. Ducks with 250 rushing yards, 6 sacks, 2 INTs, 3 stops on 4th down. Total domination for a 2-win team many said was "overrated," notwithstanding their opponent who actually had an AMAZING trap win vs Alabama 13 years ago!

Thanks for playing

Reactions: PINGDUDE4
11-1 isn't an easy feat, regardless of who you are and who you play. "Great" teams every year shit the bed and lose to teams they supposedly shouldn't: exhibit 1 PKU.

So, 11-1 deserves to be respected until it doesn't. After tonight, it doesn't.

I think Utah got outcoached by a large margin tonight. They've always been limited offensively over the years, but apparently they weren't prepared to have to stop the run tonight.

Reactions: Coug90
I just hate being right. Utah didn't lay an egg tonight - they just aren't that good. People thought they were because they played nobody - and still lost a game. How many hours were spent typing screeds to the contrary?

They just took an involuntary colonoscopy courtesy of Oregon, a 37-15 blowout. Could have gotten to 40+ but they took a knee in the red zone. Ducks with 250 rushing yards, 6 sacks, 2 INTs, 3 stops on 4th down. Total domination for a 2-win team many said was "overrated," notwithstanding their opponent who actually had an AMAZING trap win vs Alabama 13 years ago!

Thanks for playing
You must feel incredibly proud

Reactions: sellas
Ducks completely dominated in the trenches on both sides of the ball. That surprised me. I give a lot of credit to UO for wanting it more than Utah.

Glad Cougar

Reactions: earldacoug
QB played his worst game of the season, and the game got away from them early. 1st drive of the game set the tone.

They played like a team feeling tremendous pressure. Oregon was loose and it showed.

Watching the game I was trying to figure out how good Utah will be next year when they go to Pullman.
I think it was stated that they lose a number of key defensive players to graduation but they keep the o-line intact. Problem was the young O-line was beaten a lot.
They lose the QB and starting RB but I think their back-up RB was quite good in other games he played.
Originally I would have slated this game as a loss for WSU next year but after last night's game I"m not so sure.
WSU has to replace the QB and that will be done in the spring but no matter who gets the job, he will be a lot better passer than the Utah QB replacement.

I think Utah got outcoached by a large margin tonight. They've always been limited offensively over the years, but apparently they weren't prepared to have to stop the run tonight.
Agree completely. Which is surprising to me because I don’t think much of Christobol, and I think Wittingham is the best coach in the conference. Oregons OC put together a helluva game plan and had Utah reeling early. Those early keeps by Herbert made second guess and a step slow the rest of the game

I’d love to see more read option type stuff incorporated into the air raid. Spreading the field is great and all but what Oregon did last night is how you put stress on a defense...any defense. Looking ahead when a guy like De Laura is running the offense, will be hard not to have that as an element.

Utah was better last year. Our battle with them was nuts. After they lost Huntley they were not the same team.

Utah lost several guys to the pros. Ducks had guys commit to one more run at it.

Oregone played their A game and it was still a one possession game well into the 4th when Whittingham decided to punt on fourth and short.

Thanks for playing
Isn't by definition according to SEC/Alabama fans any win by a Yankee team over Alabama a trap win?

Utah in Sugar Bowl
John McKay's wins over Bear Bryant in the 1970s when USC had the temerity to use black players
North over South in the Civil War (last time an SEC team played a road game in the North?)

People can't joke anymore?
Didn't sound like a joke, particularly in the context of a I'm-right-you're-wrong post specifically mentioning a point I made earlier about Utah having a less-than-impressive strength-of-schedule but still kicking Alabama's ass (but it was a trap game so apparently not a valid point). If it was a joke, I accept his apology.

Reactions: froropmkr72
Didn't sound like a joke, particularly in the context of a I'm-right-you're-wrong post specifically mentioning a point I made earlier about Utah having a less-than-impressive strength-of-schedule but still kicking Alabama's ass (but it was a trap game so apparently not a valid point). If it was a joke, I accept his apology.
Ya know...there's a whole lot of veterans that appear to be "arrogant". Being the son of a veteran who served in the worst parts of WWll and Korea..they "have to" perhaps "ignore" certain things every now and then. It's part of the "coping skills" thing.

It’s a joke.

Game would have been much different if they could actually convert 3rd/4th and short.

The opening drive was particularly bad. 3rd and 1, run Moss right and stuffed. 4th and short run same play...stuffed. Some serious David Shaw like arrogance going on.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT