ADVERTISEMENT

Utah vs ASU

Utah may lose, but they will leave a lot of bruises. That program plays tough. Year in, year out, maybe the toughest in the PAC. Which is too bad, since Whittingham has no ability to generate an offense. But they do play tough, gotta give it to them.

Utah may lose, but they will leave a lot of bruises. That program plays tough. Year in, year out, maybe the toughest in the PAC. Which is too bad, since Whittingham has no ability to generate an offense. But they do play tough, gotta give it to them.
What makes you so sure they will lose? Are we forgetting UW barely beat OSU a couple weeks ago? Utah always gives them fits and will punch back just as hard. I would bet it’s a close game.

Reactions: cr8zyncalif
What makes you so sure they will lose? Are we forgetting UW barely beat OSU a couple weeks ago? Utah always gives them fits and will punch back just as hard. I would bet it’s a close game.
The Pac12 refs, lines crew, and replay officials are undefeated in UW Dump Adjacent

Reactions: cr8zyncalif
I expect UW to win this game going away. Utah played last week like a team that has completely turned over their roster, which they have.

I’ve noticed Utah really gets hosed playing them. A few years ago mutts won at end of game on Pettis returning punt for TD, no flags even though I counted at least 3 obvious blocks in the back that freed him. And i think it was last year an obvious PI, no call. I wonder if Willingham has ever filed a complaint on officials crap no calls when playing UW.

I’ve noticed Utah really gets hosed playing them. A few years ago mutts won at end of game on Pettis returning punt for TD, no flags even though I counted at least 3 obvious blocks in the back that freed him. And i think it was last year an obvious PI, no call. I wonder if Willingham has ever filed a complaint on officials crap no calls when playing UW.
I have an associate who is a Utah fan. He is convinced that Utah always gets hosed when they play UW and he's normally not some conspiracy type guy. I believe it was 2 years ago when there were 2 targeting calls that were iffy against Utah when they played UW. One of them was against their star Blair I believe and it hurt that he was ejected. I remember the twitterverse all thought it was good tough football. Then the Ute receiver gets leveled and was totally defenseless and it wasn't called. I remember him swearing so much (and he usually doesn't swear much) when I saw him that next monday. It was kind of hilarious.

edit: yes, I do remember it was 2 years ago because it was the same year that there was the no call on the hit by Gustin on Minshew towards the end of the $C game. We both talked about that as well.

I have an associate who is a Utah fan. He is convinced that Utah always gets hosed when they play UW and he's normally not some conspiracy type guy. I believe it was 2 years ago when there were 2 targeting calls that were iffy against Utah when they played UW. One of them was against their star Blair I believe and it hurt that he was ejected. I remember the twitterverse all thought it was good tough football. Then the Ute receiver gets leveled and was totally defenseless and it wasn't called. I remember him swearing so much (and he usually doesn't swear much) when I saw him that next monday. It was kind of hilarious.

edit: yes, I do remember it was 2 years ago because it was the same year that there was the no call on the hit by Gustin on Minshew towards the end of the $C game. We both talked about that as well.

So a school in a small tv market, under the national radar, no real clout to make noise, gets phantom crap calls that have enormous implications on the game..... hmmmmm

Reactions: ATACFD
There is something interesting? ironic? Sad? about a conversation of WSU fans, commiserating with Utah's unbalanced officiating scales when playing UW. I have to say that our own scales when playing UW are not nearly as one sided. Now, Oregon might be a different story...and some years, SC...but overall I've found our officiating in AC games to not be particularly brilliant, but the errors seem to go both ways for the most part.

There is something interesting? ironic? Sad? about a conversation of WSU fans, commiserating with Utah's unbalanced officiating scales when playing UW. I have to say that our own scales when playing UW are not nearly as one sided. Now, Oregon might be a different story...and some years, SC...but overall I've found our officiating in AC games to not be particularly brilliant, but the errors seem to go both ways for the most part.
2002 "Backward ....ass" ruling?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT