ADVERTISEMENT

UW is starting to look like a Boise St. defense

I’m disappointed that Stanford won. I wanted the Apple Cup to determine the North champ. It also would have meant that, win or lose next week, we’d finish ahead of Stanford.

Airzona’s loss muddies the bowl picture. Who’s going to the Holiday Bowl?

Last edited:
how do i opposite-like a post?

FWIW, the ducks were our friends today. With their win over Arizona, we will finish no lower than tied for 4th in the league and our odds of ending up in the Sun Bowl just dropped dramatically. We will have the best overall record of 6-3 conference teams and WSU fans have done a good job of showing up to bowls the past couple years.

FWIW, the ducks were our friends today. With their win over Arizona, we will finish no lower than tied for 4th in the league and our odds of ending up in the Sun Bowl just dropped dramatically. We will have the best overall record of 6-3 conference teams and WSU fans have done a good job of showing up to bowls the past couple years.

Yea, but it’s win time now. We need to beat UW this year. If we don’t, it will still be a great season, but it’s our time for a win.

Reactions: Coug90
I’m disappointed that Stanford won. I wanted the Apple Cup to determine the North champ. It also would have meant that, win or lose next week, we’d finish ahead of Stanford.

Airzona’s loss muddies the bowl picture. Who’s going to the Holiday Bowl?

Not me. I rooted for Stanford. Glad the uw lost and is out of the race before the last conference game. They were a good team, but they were overrated from the beginning and I said so before the season started. I said 9 wins because of their easy schedule. Looking forward to listening to the radio on Monday.

I hope the uw loses tonight. I hope they lose next week. I hope they lose in their bowl. I hope they end the season on a four game losing streak.

Can someone please gif that helicopter hit Browning just took. That was funny as hell.

Reactions: walzuu
Not so fast. If we lose AC and Arizona beats ASU, we finish 5th:
USC 8-1
Stanford 7-2
UW 7-2
UA 6-3
WSU 6-3
In that scenario, I can easily see us in the Sun. SC will get the Fiesta, Alamo UA or UW, Holiday takes the other, Stanford gets Foster Farms, and we’re in El Paso. We could even fall to Vegas, if the Sun decided to take ASU.

Still too many wild cards, we could be anywhere from Alamo to Vegas with an AC loss. An AC win only eliminates Vegas as a possibility.

We just have to keep winning. 2 more wins makes things pretty clear.

Not so fast. If we lose AC and Arizona beats ASU, we finish 5th:
USC 8-1
Stanford 7-2
UW 7-2
UA 6-3
WSU 6-3
In that scenario, I can easily see us in the Sun. SC will get the Fiesta, Alamo UA or UW, Holiday takes the other, Stanford gets Foster Farms, and we’re in El Paso. We could even fall to Vegas, if the Sun decided to take ASU.

Still too many wild cards, we could be anywhere from Alamo to Vegas with an AC loss. An AC win only eliminates Vegas as a possibility.

We just have to keep winning. 2 more wins makes things pretty clear.

I think 9-3 WSU is going to be more attractive than you think when compared to 8-5 Stanford and 8-4 Arizona (who's been exposed at least twice in the past few weeks. Also, Vegas is eliminated already. After Foster Farms, bowls must pick by record so the Sun Bowl has no choice but to pick WSU if we are available at that point.

I think 9-3 WSU is going to be more attractive than you think when compared to 8-5 Stanford and 8-4 Arizona (who's been exposed at least twice in the past few weeks. Also, Vegas is eliminated already. After Foster Farms, bowls must pick by record so the Sun Bowl has no choice but to pick WSU if we are available at that point.
Yes, but they pick based conference record, not overall.

Either way, you're right, Vegas is now eliminated for us. If UA had beaten Oregon, we'd still have a path to Vegas, but that's gone now. Worst we can do is the Sun. Funny thing is that, mathematically, that doesn't necessarily change with an AC win. With us and Stanford at 7-2, UW and the winner of UA/ASU at 6-3, based on the selection criteria we could - theoretically - still end up in the Sun. Highly unlikely, but not impossible. USC is the only team who can't end up there at this point.

In reality, I don't see a 10 win (overall) team falling below the Alamo, so an AC win - I think - pretty much locks that up, regardless of the math.

Yes, but they pick based conference record, not overall.

Either way, you're right, Vegas is now eliminated for us. If UA had beaten Oregon, we'd still have a path to Vegas, but that's gone now. Worst we can do is the Sun. Funny thing is that, mathematically, that doesn't necessarily change with an AC win. With us and Stanford at 7-2, UW and the winner of UA/ASU at 6-3, based on the selection criteria we could - theoretically - still end up in the Sun. Highly unlikely, but not impossible. USC is the only team who can't end up there at this point.

In reality, I don't see a 10 win (overall) team falling below the Alamo, so an AC win - I think - pretty much locks that up, regardless of the math.

Agree on all counts. The blessing this year is that we didn't gack in our OOC games and we have the best wins in conference play. Right now, Arizona's only win against an FBS team with a winning record is WSU. We have wins against BSU, USC, Oregon, and Stanford. I'm hoping that the overall body of work means more than one bad night in the desert.

FWIW, the ducks were our friends today. With their win over Arizona, we will finish no lower than tied for 4th in the league and our odds of ending up in the Sun Bowl just dropped dramatically. We will have the best overall record of 6-3 conference teams and WSU fans have done a good job of showing up to bowls the past 35 years.

Fixed your post for you.......

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT