ADVERTISEMENT

UWs offensive roster

CougPatrol

Hall Of Fame
Dec 8, 2006
Look back through the years and compare WSUs best offensive teams with UWs offense this season. 1992 with Bledsoe, 1997 (our best ever), 2002, 2003. The best Mike Leach offenses.

Draft experts now have both Penix and Odunze going in the 1st round of next years NFL draft. Has WSU ever had two offensive skill players get selected in the 1st round of the same draft?

It's understandable that our fans are beside themselves for our defensive performance on Saturday, but UWs offensive roster, including an offensive line with 3 RS seniors, was among the best I've seen. I've been attending WSU games since the early 1980s, and that performance by Penix might be the single best I've witnessed in Martin Stadium. Bledsoe's snow bowl was outstanding. Leaf vs. UCLA in the 1997 opener was fantastic. USC, UCLA, and Oregon have torched some bad WSU teams in seasons past, but I don't think any of them compare to what Penix did on Saturday. His line play was phenomenal, but he made at least 8-10 NFL throws, and he made them look easy. I don't care who UW brings in to replace him next season, there's no way they'll be anywhere near as lethal as they were this year.

yet they somehow lost to Arizona State
Our conference is like that. ASU had been playing well at the time. UW still gained almost 500 yards in that game and put up 38 points on the road.

Apple Cup wasn't all that different, honestly. We just couldn't generate offense in the 4th quarter. With a healthy OL, we would have taken them down to the wire.

Look back through the years and compare WSUs best offensive teams with UWs offense this season. 1992 with Bledsoe, 1997 (our best ever), 2002, 2003. The best Mike Leach offenses.

Draft experts now have both Penix and Odunze going in the 1st round of next years NFL draft. Has WSU ever had two offensive skill players get selected in the 1st round of the same draft?

It's understandable that our fans are beside themselves for our defensive performance on Saturday, but UWs offensive roster, including an offensive line with 3 RS seniors, was among the best I've seen. I've been attending WSU games since the early 1980s, and that performance by Penix might be the single best I've witnessed in Martin Stadium. Bledsoe's snow bowl was outstanding. Leaf vs. UCLA in the 1997 opener was fantastic. USC, UCLA, and Oregon have torched some bad WSU teams in seasons past, but I don't think any of them compare to what Penix did on Saturday. His line play was phenomenal, but he made at least 8-10 NFL throws, and he made them look easy. I don't care who UW brings in to replace him next season, there's no way they'll be anywhere near as lethal as they were this year.
I'm sure that our defense played a part in elevating their draft stock.

700+ yards.

About the only thing more egregious by a WSU defense was the UCLA meltdown.

I'm sure that our defense played a part in elevating their draft stock.

700+ yards.

About the only thing more egregious by a WSU defense was the UCLA meltdown.
Well, UW is 10-2 and probably (right now) the best team in the conference. That plays a part too.

We don't suck. UW is just better than we are this season. 1st round QB. 1st round WR. Solid OL.

Sorry you didn't have fun at the Apple Cup. Apart from the outcome, it was a fantastic college football game.

I'm still salty at the loss, it's a lingering pain that will have it's claws in me for a while.

I guess I don't see the allure of Seattle.

I'm still salty at the loss, it's a lingering pain that will have it's claws in me for a while.

The city or the school?

Gotta be honest: we were up for the seahawk game yesterday (wtf hawks?) and the city and the views are simply magnificent. Despite the loss, I had a great time spending the day with my wife and SODO, from what I could see, seemed to be mostly cleaned up. I'm sure there are still horrible places, like Portland, which is why my visits are far and few between, but the vista's can't be denied.

Reactions: justinbgocougs
The city or the school?

Gotta be honest: we were up for the seahawk game yesterday (wtf hawks?) and the city and the views are simply magnificent. Despite the loss, I had a great time spending the day with my wife and SODO, from what I could see, seemed to be mostly cleaned up. I'm sure there are still horrible places, like Portland, which is why my visits are far and few between, but the vista's can't be denied.

The city is just not my cup of tea. If you're right and they're cleaning it up I might change my mind on that but it's gone downhill from what I remember as a kid to now.

The city is just not my cup of tea. If you're right and they're cleaning it up I might change my mind on that but it's gone downhill from what I remember as a kid to now.
I as just down there over the summer and what they are doing with area and streets along Alaska Way along all the piers is quite amazing. I find it hard to believe that a city council hell bent on making the city a more dangerous place to live, actually has the capability of making decisions to enhance the downtown area. Pioneer Square is still a urine collect depot along with areas surrounding King Street Station and China town.

They've got a strong football tradition and a lot more $$ than we do.

This season though, they're the best offense in the league. Sucks that they're our rival, but not a lot of WSU historically have been able to slow the top rated offenses in our conference.

I as just down there over the summer and what they are doing with area and streets along Alaska Way along all the piers is quite amazing. I find it hard to believe that a city council hell bent on making the city a more dangerous place to live, actually has the capability of making decisions to enhance the downtown area. Pioneer Square is still a urine collect depot along with areas surrounding King Street Station and China town.
Interesting you mention that, as I specifically told my wife that SODO was conspicuously not piss scented. I mean, even before the radical left meltdown of the past 5 years or so the entire downtown smelled faintly of human waste at all times, it was part of the Seattle "charm" I suppose.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT