ADVERTISEMENT

Want something positive to look at for 2023

CougPatrol

Hall Of Fame
Dec 8, 2006
The emergence of true freshman WR Leyton Smithson has been incredible. This kid has the "it" factor at WR. Runs great routes, catches the ball effortlessly with his hands in traffic. Good size at 6'1 and not afraid to go inside.

We're talking about a kid who played QB for Squalicum High School in Bellingham last season. His only offers out of high school were from Idaho and Idaho State. He was recruited by Dickert to play Safety, but he dominated Fall camp at WR to the point where we couldn't keep him off the field. He beat out Lincoln Victor for the starting job by midseason. If seen a lot of FR receivers at WSU, but I think this kid has all-conference potential.

Smithson (FR), Nunnaly (FR), Ollie (SO), Victor (JR), Peters (FR), Stribling (SO), Riviere & Dollar (SO, FR) at TE. If we can hang onto most of these kids, we'll bring back one of the deepest, most experienced WR/TE units that I can remember.

I appreciate your positivity after another shit show of an AC.

However, Stribling and Riviere need to be replaced/ benched in 2023. Their inconsistency catching the ball is inexcusable. I haven't noticed their blocking, but I suspect its in line with their catching abilities.

Reactions: justinbgocougs
There should be some buzz around Cam that I hope attracts a higher end receiver from the portal. We really need someone who can separate and beat DBs deep.

I appreciate your positivity after another shit show of an AC.

However, Stribling and Riviere need to be replaced/ benched in 2023. Their inconsistency catching the ball is inexcusable. I haven't noticed their blocking, but I suspect its in line with their catching abilities.
The AC wasn't a $hit show for me. It was a great game. Super competitive into the 4th quarter, but we just weren't able to keep up offensively.

I don't disagree with your takes on Stribling and Riviere, but they're both extremely young kids. If they get beaten out next season, so be it. It's a competitive roster.

I've had a blast following our team the past 2 seasons. I appreciate that you have expectations of 9-10 wins/season. We need fans who think like that. For me, as a season ticket and RV pass holder, my expectations are 7+ wins and highly competitive, fun, entertaining home games. We've delivered on that in my eyes.

The AC wasn't a $hit show for me. It was a great game. Super competitive into the 4th quarter, but we just weren't able to keep up offensively.

I don't disagree with your takes on Stribling and Riviere, but they're both extremely young kids. If they get beaten out next season, so be it. It's a competitive roster.

I've had a blast following our team the past 2 seasons. I appreciate that you have expectations of 9-10 wins/season. We need fans who think like that. For me, as a season ticket and RV pass holder, my expectations are 7+ wins and highly competitive, fun, entertaining home games. We've delivered on that in my eyes.
Indeed.

This was the first competitive Apple Cup in a decade, great game to watch...dang, I wish we could have pressured Peni_. He really doesn't like to be taken off his spot, his throws were night and day when he had to move laterally in the pocket.

The emergence of true freshman WR Leyton Smithson has been incredible. This kid has the "it" factor at WR. Runs great routes, catches the ball effortlessly with his hands in traffic. Good size at 6'1 and not afraid to go inside.

We're talking about a kid who played QB for Squalicum High School in Bellingham last season. His only offers out of high school were from Idaho and Idaho State. He was recruited by Dickert to play Safety, but he dominated Fall camp at WR to the point where we couldn't keep him off the field. He beat out Lincoln Victor for the starting job by midseason. If seen a lot of FR receivers at WSU, but I think this kid has all-conference potential.

Smithson (FR), Nunnaly (FR), Ollie (SO), Victor (JR), Peters (FR), Stribling (SO), Riviere & Dollar (SO, FR) at TE. If we can hang onto most of these kids, we'll bring back one of the deepest, most experienced WR/TE units that I can remember.
NO! NOTHING POSITIVE!

1,000,000 WR screens in row!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT