ADVERTISEMENT

Ward’s favorite slot is coming to Pullman

Sweet! Looks like a football player! A Wes Welker, Hunter Renfro type…

I see we also picked up a CB from Utah ST as well, Cam Lampkin, starter last year, should help the secondary, which might be an issue this year, we lost a lot of talent back there.

Cam Lampkin

Reactions: kougkurt and 79COUG
My good friend's son looks to be getting PWO status soon as a WR (hopefully). He is transferring from ACU where he was on scholarship. The kid is 6'4" and like 220ish. He has a long road ahead of him and needs to work his ass off but I am confident he can get it done. Armani Marsh as befriended him and will hopefully mentor him but he has to want it. I told him if he does get guidance from him that he better not waste his time or make him look bad. Marsh earned his way onto that field through discipline and hard work, so if he tells you what you need to do in order to put yourself in that situation, you shouldn't only listen but treat it as gospel.

Reactions: 79COUG
Coming from ICW, reunited with his stud QB, in a big-boys conference now (ok, that's debatable of late)...his motivation will be magnitudes greater than Hobert's.

I'm starting to like our chances next year. Some OL magic and we get nine wins. But more importantly, if it works out that way, we then have a blueprint as to how be semi successful in this new effed up system.

Reactions: cr8zyncalif
Coming from ICW, reunited with his stud QB, in a big-boys conference now (ok, that's debatable of late)...his motivation will be magnitudes greater than Hobert's.

I'm starting to like our chances next year. Some OL magic and we get nine wins. But more importantly, if it works out that way, we then have a blueprint as to how be semi successful in this new effed up system.
My cynical correction:

But more importantly, if it works out that way, we then have a blueprint as to how be semi successful for a year before other programs poach our best players in this new effed up system

Reactions: BleedCrimsonandGray
My cynical correction:

But more importantly, if it works out that way, we then have a blueprint as to how be semi successful for a year before other programs poach our best players in this new effed up system
Yeah, but that's the whole point.

Bring in graduate ones and dones (no, I didn't major in English at Wazzu). Get the kids that didn't accomplish what they thought they would in four years and give them the chance at a last hurrah. Scrape the fields for Gardner Minshews. Find kids (men at that point) at the key positions who know that this is it.

This is actually pretty easy if you have engaging coaches with a willingness to work. It's a system that will work.

A lot to like in that highlight reel. Clearly Ward trusts this guy even in coverage. Has a Britian Covey vibe with the ball. Solid get.

Yeah, but that's the whole point.

Bring in graduate ones and dones (no, I didn't major in English at Wazzu). Get the kids that didn't accomplish what they thought they would in four years and give them the chance at a last hurrah. Scrape the fields for Gardner Minshews. Find kids (men at that point) at the key positions who know that this is it.

This is actually pretty easy if you have engaging coaches with a willingness to work. It's a system that will work.
Pretty sure "ones and dones" is correct. Nice work.

Should be "thirds and longs" too, right?

I was no English major either.

Dude isn't afraid of packing up and moving.

Ferrel began his college career at College of the Redwoods in 2017 before walking on at Nevada in 2018.

He left the Wolfpack and played the 2019 season at El Camino College, where he was named All-American first-team offense as an all-purpose player.

From there, Ferrel transferred to Incarnate Word where he played for two seasons (2020-21). WSU will be Ferrel's fifth college in six seasons.

My good friend's son looks to be getting PWO status soon as a WR (hopefully). He is transferring from ACU where he was on scholarship. The kid is 6'4" and like 220ish. He has a long road ahead of him and needs to work his ass off but I am confident he can get it done. Armani Marsh as befriended him and will hopefully mentor him but he has to want it. I told him if he does get guidance from him that he better not waste his time or make him look bad. Marsh earned his way onto that field through discipline and hard work, so if he tells you what you need to do in order to put yourself in that situation, you shouldn't only listen but treat it as gospel.
uh, ok. Thanks for sharing, let us know who to root for when the time comes.

Here is a copy of an article talking about Alabama's athletic budget, it's two years old, but gives you some insight into the budget of a big time program and how the money is spent.

Bama athletic budget

The biggest issue I see with the NIL deals is what it will do to all the other programs. As we all know football is the revenue generator that makes the money so all the other sports can exist. If you are not one of the top 30 or so blue blood programs, and if your football program loses revenue, then there are other sports that have to be cut, women's sports, and other men's programs. So all these people that had the enjoyment of playing college soccer or rowing or track and field or baseball, softball and many others, will no longer have scholarships available. And these sports will not be available to the kids that can only afford college if they receive a scholarship. Many will cease to exist. There are 10's of thousands of student athletes that participate in other sports, and if NIL destroys your football team, it takes down many other sports with it. I don't think we can deny athletes the opportunity to make money, pay them what they are worth, but there has to be some type of salary cap for a program. Also think about the limit to the number to scholarships in football, or a limit to the number of transfer portal players you can pick up or you lose a scholarship for each transfer, or you pay compensation to the school you took the player from. The whole portal thing has led to unrestricted free agency, with no compensation to the losing school, it doesn't work that way in professional sports, and that can't last or will destroy college football and many other programs with it. I don't have all the answers, but as much as hate to say it have to look at how professional sports deal with free agency, since that is what this NIL model and Transfer portal are turning college football and basketball in to.

Pretty sure "ones and dones" is correct. Nice work.

Should be "thirds and longs" too, right?

I was no English major either.
Fourths and Shorts.

Great get! We lost a lot weapons from last last year! Should help ease the transition of Cam Ward in this offense At WSU! Our team looks promising! Go Cougs!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT