ADVERTISEMENT

Washington lowering BAC level for DUI?

I'm glad to hear that I'm not alone with regard to age induced alcohol intolerance. I'm 55 now, and 2-3 drinks is all i have in me, and even that sometimes gives me a ringing headache. I live pretty much alcohol free now, especially outside of football season.

Reactions: chipdouglas
Is this the coug board?!? WTF?

I ain't as good as I once was but I'm as good once as I ever was drinking-wise.
I read a Twitter thread about this recently. I don't know what the percentages are, but there is a consequential number of folks who just can't drink, or drink much, after a certain age. For me it's devastating on sleep; for others, it's headaches, nausea, fatigue, guts, whatever. And still others can drink like fish into their 80s. I remember my friend's grandpa and grandma shared most of a bottle of vodka every day, and they were respectable people (former Boeing exec, civically engaged, devout Catholics etc). But everybody on this thread I was reading was stunned to find others do (or don't) have the same issues. Pick your poison.

Is this the coug board?!? WTF?

I ain't as good as I once was but I'm as good once as I ever was drinking-wise.
I could probably plow my way through a case of Coors light still. I just don't see the point anymore. I'll barely have a buzz, and I'll have to piss for the next 3-4 hours. Besides, all those other kids drinking it are so loud.

Now get off my lawn.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT