ADVERTISEMENT

Watched 2003 Holiday Bowl vs Tx

79COUG

Hall Of Fame
Gold Member
Nov 19, 2008
On Pac 12 Classics. My god that defense was fast!
They had quick sound bites throughout from players on both sides reminiscing about the game. Vince Young came across as just bitter. Haha...get over it Vince. We completely outplayed Texas that night. Imo, the best bowl game performance ever by a WSU team.

I thought Roy Williams was a complete jackass..... So damn arrogant. Go back and listen to his comments. The last one he made was "We let that one slip away". We beat them up and down the field ALL DAY.

I watched that game in a UT bar with one other Coug. Greatest Coug game!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After that game, I wore my Cougar Holiday Bowl polo shirt to an annual business conference in Texas for a couple of years. Aggies in attendance appreciated it. UT grads not so much.

Reactions: texascoug1
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After that game, I wore my Cougar Holiday Bowl polo shirt to an annual business conference in Texas for a couple of years. Aggies in attendance appreciated it. UT grads not so much.

I had tickets to that game and gave them away after the Apple Cup loss because I didn't want to spend a bunch of money to watch us lose (like I did at the 1998 Rose Bowl). Biggest mistake of my Coug life.

And Matt Kegel is the most under appreciated Coug QB of all time. Kind of like my favorite band UFO is the most under appreciated band of all time.

I had the good fortune to attend this game and both Rose Bowls. I thought we played better in the Holiday. What a punting exhibition! How often does a punter get defensive MVP? It would be hard to convince me that there is a better game on WSU's resume.

I had tickets to that game and gave them away after the Apple Cup loss because I didn't want to spend a bunch of money to watch us lose (like I did at the 1998 Rose Bowl). Biggest mistake of my Coug life.

And Matt Kegel is the most under appreciated Coug QB of all time. Kind of like my favorite band UFO is the most under appreciated band of all time.

So true.

I wonder if the Gray W/ CAF has even reached out to him to come do ANWCF or other events? What's he up to, anyone know?

Kegel has attended at least a couple of those Coug QB alumni fishing expeditions, I believe.
It'd be nice for him to come hang out with us peasants though at ANWCF.

I like the Cougs and I like fishing, but I don't like either enough to cough up the five grand or whatever it is now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT