ADVERTISEMENT

Wazzu vs FSU Home and Home?

Feb 19, 2007
From a Noles fan. It is .001% likely to happen, but I wouldn't mind seeing a Wazzu vs FSU Home and Home. How would you guys feel about that? We don't get to play West Coast teams very often. The last West Coast team we played in the regular season was USC in 1997 and 1998. We have a game scheduled at Boise State in 2020 and a game scheduled against Boise State in Jacksonville in 2019.

Pretty unlikely. Curious -- why is that game against Boise State being held in Jacksonville?

Pretty unlikely. Curious -- why is that game against Boise State being held in Jacksonville?
It was originally a Home game in Tallahassee. They made a decision recently to change it a Neutral site game in Jacksonville which will still be like a Home game since we have fans scattered everywhere around Florida. The only thing I can think of is that playing it as a Neutral site game in Jacksonville increased the payout.

I would be shocked if you found a WSU fan that wasn't interested in it.

That said - no way it would ever happen.

It was originally a Home game in Tallahassee. They made a decision recently to change it a Neutral site game in Jacksonville which will still be like a Home game since we have fans scattered everywhere around Florida. The only thing I can think of is that playing it as a Neutral site game in Jacksonville increased the payout.

Cool, makes sense. We have our own history with "home" games in another in-state city that I won't bother you with (other than to say we've had some games in Seattle with worsening attendance over time, despite most of our alumni being in that area, with most of the attendees there to drink and have a reunion before, during, and after the game), but I was wondering why FSU would feel compelled to do it. In any case, I'd expect you guys to sell out the Jacksonville venue and have a good crowd.

FSU can try to suck us into a home & home where we play at FSU first, then FSU cancels our home game and pays the penalty. We've been burned that way before, and probably will be again. I can live with that if the penalty is high enough...to this point, we've not bargained well in that regard.

Fresno State home and away would be fine with me. Florida State? Uh, how much is the buyout? We can just factor it into that year's budget as a done deal.

I went to the Fresno game in the early 90s. Definitely not itching to go back.
Have not personally had the "pleasure" of attending a game in Fresno, I'll take your word for it. A quarter century later and you still remember it with regret speaks rather loudly. Edit my previous suggestion to home (ours) only.

From a Noles fan. It is .001% likely to happen, but I wouldn't mind seeing a Wazzu vs FSU Home and Home. How would you guys feel about that? We don't get to play West Coast teams very often. The last West Coast team we played in the regular season was USC in 1997 and 1998. We have a game scheduled at Boise State in 2020 and a game scheduled against Boise State in Jacksonville in 2019.
Great matchup for fan interest, styles of play, different parts of the country, etc., but I don't see ANY Florida team ever playing in Pullman....more's the pity

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT