ADVERTISEMENT

WBB: Portal/Recruiting

SaveFerris

Hall Of Fame
Dec 21, 2001
A bit surprised but Brynna Maxwell is apparently headed to the portal. She was coming off the bench for Utah so maybe didn't see a future path to playing time? She can really shoot, and we need scoring. IDK what the plan is to replace KL-W, but a backcourt of CL-W, Teder, and Maxwell with Wallack, Woods, and Tuhina off the bench wouldn't be a bad plan.

Maxwell would have a lot of options.

She is from Gig Harbor, so perhaps she may want to play closer to home? Of course, there is an ugly school closer than Pullman.

Yeah, pretty sure most UW fans already assume she's "coming home" along with Jordyn Jenkins (SC/Kent) and Dalayah Daniels (Cal/Garfield High School). An unfortunate possibility.

Last edited:
In or out. Keeli Burton-Oliver technically came in last year but never played. She's now a Griz. KL-W from UNC and Teder from JC. It's definitely more on the old school side of recruiting.

In or out. Keeli Burton-Oliver technically came in last year but never played. She's now a Griz. KL-W from UNC and Teder from JC. It's definitely more on the old school side of recruiting.
I didn't know that KBO went to Montana. I thought she said she was giving up basketball after her health problems, then her mental health. People are allowed to change their minds. Hope she finds her peace.

I didn't know that KBO went to Montana. I thought she said she was giving up basketball after her health problems, then her mental health. People are allowed to change their minds. Hope she finds her peace.
No idea what happened at WSU, but she apparently visited Missoula back in January. She had to deal with health issues. Hope she is able to overcome them all and play.

Shaylee Gonzales (BYU) to the transfer portal. Can play either guard spot. Averaged 18, 6 boards, 4.5 assists last year and was WCC POY. She likely commands NIL deals (apparently has a big social media following) but would make a great pairing with CL-W the next 2 years. She likely ends up somewhere else, but one can dream anyway.

It seems Ethridge treats the portal with a lot of caution. I saw some comments that were pulled back made by Kelly Graves (Oregon) recently where he suggested the portal causes more harm than good for a program because it creates "disillusionment" with the younger players in the program. Therefore, more risk is created with players leaving the program and the need to seek help via the portal.

Other than maybe Stanford, we probably have the least amount of transfer portal activity in or out in the conference.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT