ADVERTISEMENT

WBB with a sweep

Road sweep is huge especially the win over UA. Should keep us low 40s at the least in the NET.

Wallack 12 & 12, Bella 16 & 8, Ula 16 & 5.

CL-W struggled shooting but had 10 boards and 7 assists plus good defense. Tuhina with a solid game with 10 points and 3 assist.

A really good team win. Gritty as usual. Men & now women get 10+ point wins in McKale.

Last edited:
Road sweep is huge especially the win over UA. Should keep us low 40s at the least in the NET.

Wallack 12 & 12, Bella 16 & 8, Ula 16 & 5.

CL-W struggled shooting but had 10 boards and 7 assists plus good defense. Tuhina with a solid game with 10 points and 3 assist.

A really good team win. Gritty as usual. Men & now women get 10+ point wins in McKale.
Struggled shooting? 2 or 3 for 13 is a struggle, 0 for 13 is a disaster! Hey, CLW is a great player, but she had zero touch today everywhere from 1 foot out to 25 feet. Exception was the foul line. It's just one of those things that happens occasionally. Remember Dennis Johnson making only 0 or 1 shot out of 13-14 in game 7 of the 1978 NBA finals. Flush that game and move on.

A lot of her misses were short, maybe her legs were not fully under her from all her travels in the last month?

Struggled shooting? 2 or 3 for 13 is a struggle, 0 for 13 is a disaster! Hey, CLW is a great player, but she had zero touch today everywhere from 1 foot out to 25 feet. Exception was the foul line. It's just one of those things that happens occasionally. Remember Dennis Johnson making only 0 or 1 shot out of 13-14 in game 7 of the 1978 NBA finals. Flush that game and move on.

A lot of her misses were short, maybe her legs were not fully under her from all her travels in the last month?
She had a tough time against the Oregon schools, but it was worse this week. I think they said it’s a 15-hour flight to NZ. Probably didn’t sleep much when she was home. She still played 35 plus minutes.

She’s shot it well this year, so once she recovers we should see her game come back. What I liked is she found ways to make an impact passing, boards, had at least 1 block, and good at the line. We needed her in the lineup.

What I also liked is others stepping up around her. Last year we needed her to go for 20 or 30 to win these games. We have other weapons. It’s the closest I have felt to the balanced high IQ teams of the Bennett years.

She had a tough time against the Oregon schools, but it was worse this week. I think they said it’s a 15-hour flight to NZ. Probably didn’t sleep much when she was home. She still played 35 plus minutes.

She’s shot it well this year, so once she recovers we should see her game come back. What I liked is she found ways to make an impact passing, boards, had at least 1 block, and good at the line. We needed her in the lineup.

What I also liked is others stepping up around her. Last year we needed her to go for 20 or 30 to win these games. We have other weapons. It’s the closest I have felt to the balanced high IQ teams of the Bennett years.
Yes, she played well otherwise, just could not get the ball in the basket. Still was leading, playing tough D, rebounding, etc. Never saw her head down or dogging it in her play just because her shooting was off. A good leader!

Let's hope that her shooting touch returns quickly, and that meshes well with how the others have stepped up their games in her absence.

They lost 4 pac-12 games (LA & Mountain schools) when CLW was out of lineup. Have to there was a win or two there.

I think we might have won at least 2 if not 3 of the games we were without CL-W in the lineup. That would have put us at least at 7-3 (that includes the annoying dub loss where they shot out of their minds) and alone in 3rd place, top 30 NET, and probably top 25 (BS) ranking.

Having to play without CL-W might have made us better overall though. Wallack is no longer hesitating to shoot, and Tuhina has become a solid scorer. Ula is finding mismatches inside and looking for open 3s. It's a bit like if we could have got Guy Williams back from the knee in '83. We are no longer standing around watching CL-W and waiting for her to bail us out. We also don't panic when we are down since we have comeback so many times.

Between CL-W, Wallack, Teder, Tuhina, Ula, Bella, and Clarke we have a lot of different players capable of getting to double digit points. With our defense we are really tough to beat when 3 or 4 players get to double digit points.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT