ADVERTISEMENT

Welcome to the rest of the season

BleedCrimsonandGray

Hall Of Fame
Oct 2, 2007
I suspect we'll lose most of our games by 1 score or less.

Just not quite good enough across the board.

QB is ok but not good/great ( scary what that suggests about our depth...),

D is young and not saavy.

CML refuses to do anything to help his young/not great players succeed.

Looking forward to next year and seeing if Cooper can live up to his potential and hype.

If you think Cooper is gonna play better next year than Gordon is now you haven't watched many practices. Cooper hasn't shown much promise at all. I don't think he starts next year.

Real tough to find 3 wins left on the schedule. Especially considering the improvement OSU is showing. Colorado May be the last game we are favored in.

Reactions: random soul
If you think Cooper is gonna play better next year than Gordon is now you haven't watched many practices. Cooper hasn't shown much promise at all. I don't think he starts next year.
Im hoping he makes a leap, because if Tinsley cant win the job now what does that say?

Im not trying to be chicken little, but our recruiting is starting to look really suspect vis a vis not having top talent at qb, amongst other positions.

talent at qb isn't the problem

defense is where the deficit is, Leach always fields a qb who finishes top 2 or 3 in the country in passing
Youd be hard pressed to not get those stats when you pass 60 times a game.

By your logic AG is as good as GM because their stats are the same.

Leadership counts.
Play calling counts.
Field vision counts.
Moxie counts.

AG has none of those.

Yeah this is 2014 all over again. We'll need lots of things to go right to win a league game and sneak into a bowl, especially after pissing away UCLA. The defense looked less lost, but it was still bad a lot of the time. The team played better than it did the last two games, but marginal improvement on a tire fire is still a loss.

Reactions: BleedCrimsonandGray

defense is where the deficit is, Leach always fields a qb who finishes top 2 or 3 in the country in passing
Whereas many want to focus on the QB ALL the time...it really is all around talent. And...they could of run the ball more between the tackles...but, Mr. Gonzales maybe psyched them out of doing that.

They had an average of 8-9 tfl per game last season,,,had 3 in the first 1 1/2 quarters and then how many?? It's a huge talent deficit from not enough quality defensive players staying on the squad.

They had an average of 8-9 tfl per game last season,,,had 3 in the first 1 1/2 quarters and then how many?? It's a huge talent deficit from not enough quality defensive players staying on the squad.
And, zero turnovers created. Just one would have been huge.

I think this is the real fallout of losing so much from the defensive staff last few years. Bad recruiting emptied the pipeline.

Gordon is OK, hes not GM, but as we see on Sundays, not many are.

QB for Leach is evaluated a little different than what rivals does, understanding of the offense, decision making and accuracy are about 99% of it. I can name you every qb for Leach over the last 18-20 years and none of them were highly ranked -Graham Harrell was about the only one that was ranked higher than avg. They were all good, with halliday being the weakest. He has had walkons that turned out to be very tough as 5th year seniors-Sonny Cumbie thrashed Cal in the Holiday Bowl.

So I wouldn't look for 5 star qbs to be the answer.

Talent on defense is the major problem this team has.

Gordon, hes just not good enough to take over a game or make up for the defense.

Its foolish to comment one way or the other on Cooper as hes never played a game. Who knows, as a 4th year junior or 5th year senior he may be a stud. I like the raw talent of the Hawaiian kid they signed.

The fact that so many fans now demand the QB to win the game for us basically by himself tells me a lot about how low the expectations are for the defense. Like Coug Patrol said in another thread, it doesn't matter who is the QB....Gubrud, Tinsley, Cooper....this team isn't going to win without improved defensive play. It's just amazing to me how much blame Gordon is getting for the losses.

Glad Cougar

I guess qb play is based only on wins and losses. Based on my eyes I thought Gordon played well enough to win. He missed a few, but he also made some great throws. They stuffed Borghi early so we went away from running.

Reactions: PINGDUDE4
GET back your parent's basement you piece of shit!
Get it back? Did somebody take it? My parents actually don’t have a basement for me to get back for them. Odds are I’m older than you, so I certainly don’t live with them if that’s what you’re implying.

Im also not a “piece of shit.” PM me if you’d like me to prove it. I’d be happy to knock your teeth down your throat, too. Feel free to reach out for that as well I’d be happy to arrange it.

I guess qb play is based only on wins and losses. Based on my eyes I thought Gordon played well enough to win. He missed a few, but he also made some great throws. They stuffed Borghi early so we went away from running.
They were more aggressive attacking the line of scrimmage than a team like Utah or UW has to be so their rush could effect Gordon and they could protect their secondary. A team with a great front or a great secondary won't need to gamble so much

The fact that so many fans now demand the QB to win the game for us basically by himself tells me a lot about how low the expectations are for the defense. Like Coug Patrol said in another thread, it doesn't matter who is the QB....Gubrud, Tinsley, Cooper....this team isn't going to win without improved defensive play. It's just amazing to me how much blame Gordon is getting for the losses.

Glad Cougar
Im am certainly not blaming him.

That being said, CML has never fielded a team with a defense worth mentioning since hes been in Pullman, and it doesnt make sense to expect that to change.

THEREFORE, we as Coug fans expect the O to carry 80% of the weight for the team. That translates to qb play. We have to have a gamer if we want to win games because the D certainly isnt going to get it done.

I would LOVE, LOVE LOVE to have a stout defense, but it seems that as long as CML is here it wont be a priority.

Get it back? Did somebody take it? My parents actually don’t have a basement for me to get back for them. Odds are I’m older than you, so I certainly don’t live with them if that’s what you’re implying.

Im also not a “piece of shit.” PM me if you’d like me to prove it. I’d be happy to knock your teeth down your throat, too. Feel free to reach out for that as well I’d be happy to arrange it.
SHUT UP! You'd end up in jail. You are a POS!

This all seems very rational.

Reactions: cougarhawk1
This years defense isn't representative of Leachs avg defense, obviously the defense is down this year compared to previous years.

Its a personnel issue and basically its a rebuilding year on defense.

Last couple of years the defense was serviceable.

Reactions: COUGinNCW
Im am certainly not blaming him.

That being said, CML has never fielded a team with a defense worth mentioning since hes been in Pullman, and it doesnt make sense to expect that to change.

THEREFORE, we as Coug fans expect the O to carry 80% of the weight for the team. That translates to qb play. We have to have a gamer if we want to win games because the D certainly isnt going to get it done.

I would LOVE, LOVE LOVE to have a stout defense, but it seems that as long as CML is here it wont be a priority.

TTU fans said that was true...kinda like defensive staff at Rocky Long teams, but other teams come along and take the talent you've identified ....almost on a whim...and POOF ...there goes the other side of the ball. I think you're right.

This years defense isn't representative of Leachs avg defense, obviously the defense is down this year compared to previous years.

Its a personnel issue and basically its a rebuilding year on defense.

Last couple of years the defense was serviceable.
Last years was good enough to win 11 games. We just need to keep a staff around for 4 years at a time without oregon paying them more just to keep them away from THAT team. It's not a secret that UO and even OSU alumni say "lose to anyone, but don't lose to WSU". THAT really pisses me off. Don't know how you feel, but it really pisses me off.

I doubt Leach would listen to me, but if WSU hired st louis Honolulu coach or a byu samoan asst with connections to the islands we would improve on defense immediately. Half of the islander recruits aren't even ranked by rivals or scout but are p5 players. Utah gets a lot of them just like we used to.

Reactions: froropmkr72
Why do you start everything in ALL CAPS? I’d be in jail and you’d be at the dentist.
ChinookPirate....go to hell. You have posed as a WSU fan for 11 years now while being a uw fan. THAT is THE definition of a complete loser because no one in the history of these websites has ever lost to that degree. You're pissed and haven't denied being the basement loser you are.

ChinookPirate....go to hell. You have posed as a WSU fan for 11 years now while being a uw fan. THAT is THE definition of a complete loser because no one in the history of these websites has ever lost to that degree. You're pissed and haven't denied being the basement loser you are.
Are you an ESL student? I feel like I can kinda figure out what you’re trying to say, but it’s never 100% clear.

Really disappointed in secondary coaches. Thomas and Strong have way too many reps to be playing so poorly.

Safety we have coming in from Punahou next year is really good. We need a really solid d coordinator with good Secondary coaches. Phelps is fine as a DL coach. Hobbs Rodgers, lamonte Kwete and others should be solid.

Really disappointed in secondary coaches. Thomas and Strong have way too many reps to be playing so poorly.

Safety we have coming in from Punahou next year is really good. We need a really solid d coordinator with good Secondary coaches. Phelps is fine as a DL coach. Hobbs Rodgers, lamonte Kwete and others should be solid.
I'm really disappointed that the staff hadn't had enough players in already in order that this not be necessary.

You guys have officially entered the spoiled entitled phase. Play the 18th ranked team to 4pt. loss in their stadium and sky is falling .

People are far too removed during the recent Leach era of what a real butt kicking is like.

If you want to peer out and remind yourself of real butt kickings >

Look up the Oregon State at home score against Utah.

Or the Nebraka/ Minnesota score.

We are a Pelluer type LB away from being 5-1. Encouraged by the fact our DL played much better. Liked some of the presnap stuff we did in the 1st quarter like double shifting and DL all standing. Rodgers and the back 4 are really killing us on giving up big plays.

Reactions: PINGDUDE4
You guys have officially entered the spoiled entitled phase. Play the 18th ranked team to 4pt. loss in their stadium and sky is falling
Perspective is important but this is designed to be misleading. Yes we lost - we also lost to the last 2 [worse] teams in horrific fashion and are winless in conference.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT