ADVERTISEMENT

"Welcome to the team" mailer

Loyal Coug

Hall Of Fame
Sep 27, 2003
Anyone else get this thing in the last couple of days?

Kind of a strange multi-sport poster with the back side of a FB player with my name on the jersey. And a fridge magnet with the schedule. 2 homes games later.

All in a bubble-wrapped full size envelope. I bet the whole thing cost $5-7 to produce and mail. Not counting design time. I guess this is because I gave $100 last fall and rejoined the Cougar Club. Have yet to get anything asking me to re-up for this year. Not complaining. But color me unimpressed again. Marketing is a fickle thing, and maybe thousands of Cougs loved it. Me? I'm trying to figure out how I can reuse the bubble envelope. Those things don't come free.

Weirdest part is that it came to my current (recently moved) address, and WSU does not have it. So how the heck did they track me down? Spooky.

What impressed me way back when was when I was a $100 donor and I got a call from Reuben Mayes, an Asst whatever back then. He was calling to ask me to re-up and maybe increase my donation. I did of course. Now that is customer service. But then, more recent Asst Ad's for the Cougar Club are too busy doing other "things" to bother making those calls. So let's send me some useless crap instead. Except that bubble envelope. I think I can duct tape a blank sheet over it, and use it.

Last edited:
I got one of those, but it’s been a week. Think it came last Friday. Kept the magnet, like you I kind of shook my head at the pointlessness of the rest

I got it too. But I get that every year. Used to come with dated CAF rubber bracelet and a dated lapel pin. This time the lapel pin didn’t have a date.... so there is this white space on the pin that’s a void for where the date should sit. Almost as if they rushed to get them out. Some people got a blanket throw.....maybe they ran out??

I think the magnet with the schedule is useful. The poster is kinda nice I guess if you collect those things.

I think it’s nice they give people something, but I do feel they could step it up.

What I think they should do is make the “annual gift” something unique to look forward to every year.

And it gets upgraded with all the other levels. So like basic level you get.

1 - Commemorative Gameday poster with Schedule
2 - Fridge Magnet w/ Schedule
3 - Unique Season Commemorative Gameday Shirt (changes yearly)
4. - Unique Season Beer Coozie
5. WSU Key chain / Caribeener

So that’s like the start. Now let’s add to it as you give. So this is like the $500

Next level you get a unique WSU hat.
Poster of a Cougar Legend
Throw Blanket
Butch stuffed Plush Animal
Collectible WSU Beer Glass

Plus all the other stuff and perks.

1000 dollars.

You get a hoodie
WSU Yeti Branded Cooler
Gameday Flag

$2000 dollars

You get - WSU branded Grill Set
Poster Signed by Coaches
3 Cougar Legends Posters signed by the Legends themselves
Exact team replica jacket/windbreaker
Giant Butch plush toy
And other stuff you might want.

The Yeti cooler is a stretch. My buddy owns a store, and the margins on those are terrible. Especially the shipping. But a Yeti tumbler or coozie with the Cougarhead would be nice.

The coffee cup they sent some years ago was good. Still use on my way to work everyday.

I think they get too gimmicky. That season tickets wrapped in a flag thing was dumb.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT