ADVERTISEMENT

Well….

CougPatrol

Hall Of Fame
Dec 8, 2006
That was interesting. My first thoughts on that game have to do with the offensive line. I’m looking forward to watching the replay because I can’t tell if it’s a talent problem or a coaching problem, but damn…2 weeks in a row where there were some all out whiffs on basic delayed inside run plays. Good Lord.

JDL looked decent to me, and it was good to see him have a nice stretch of PT. Establishing a running game would be so beneficial to him right now.

As for the defense, i know they’re not great, but I also think Utah State and PSU have pretty decent offenses. Not sure that Cal, OSU, Arizona, Stanford, and UW are any more dynamic.

I’ll review the tape and see what else pops out. At least we won.

That was interesting. My first thoughts on that game have to do with the offensive line. I’m looking forward to watching the replay because I can’t tell if it’s a talent problem or a coaching problem, but damn…2 weeks in a row where there were some all out whiffs on basic delayed inside run plays. Good Lord.

JDL looked decent to me, and it was good to see him have a nice stretch of PT. Establishing a running game would be so beneficial to him right now.

As for the defense, i know they’re not great, but I also think Utah State and PSU have pretty decent offenses. Not sure that Cal, OSU, Arizona, Stanford, and UW are any more dynamic.

I’ll review the tape and see what else pops out. At least we won.
Scrap the pulling linemen. Dumb AF when you have big physical linemen that can block in space and backs that are good at running downhill. Lucas is lost on the pulling plays and you aren’t playing to the strength of your AA OLineman.

defense was much better than last week. Tighten up a little bit on the QB keeper read option but a step in the right direction

JDL needs to get upfield when he’s going through his reads and the pocket breaks down. He’s doing too much dancing and he’s going to get himself killed against better defenses.

JDL is a tempo QB. They were at their best when he’s running fast. F the huddle, get a handful of plays, give him a couple of things to read and go.

Reactions: Fab5Coug
Scrap the pulling linemen. Dumb AF when you have big physical linemen that can block in space and backs that are good at running downhill. Lucas is lost on the pulling plays and you aren’t playing to the strength of your AA OLineman.

defense was much better than last week. Tighten up a little bit on the QB keeper read option but a step in the right direction

JDL needs to get upfield when he’s going through his reads and the pocket breaks down. He’s doing too much dancing and he’s going to get himself killed against better defenses.

JDL is a tempo QB. They were at their best when he’s running fast. F the huddle, get a handful of plays, give him a couple of things to read and go.
Yea, #77 wasn’t just a little late on some of those pulls. Dude was 3 yards away from his block when Borghi would get hit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT