ADVERTISEMENT

What a week

chugspig

Hall Of Fame
Nov 5, 2011
Apple cup cancelled (probably for the better)

Third recruit de-commitment

on the plus side we are getting nice PWOs lol

Looks like Rolo and company are good early evaluators and do a good job connecting....but it looks like the same old decommitment bug might strike us as always.

Apple cup cancelled (probably for the better)

Third recruit de-commitment

on the plus side we are getting nice PWOs lol

Looks like Rolo and company are good early evaluators and do a good job connecting....but it looks like the same old decommitment bug might strike us as always.
DJIA hit 30k today.

With JDL emerging as one of the best freshman QB prospects in all of college football, I imagine we'll become a consideration for many top WR prospects.

Good point.....but..... since JDL has only played 2 games, being 1-1, how can you be so confident that the word is out amongst top WR prospects?

Well, I guess I trust our coaching staff to get that message out there. ESPN labeled JDL as "just behind" Clemson's sensational true freshman QB, so the National word is spreading.

We're going to be pretty solid at WR next season regardless, and at the very least, I'd like to think that top JC WRs, high school seniors, and even those kids in the transfer portal will look to WSU as a solid destination.

Reactions: M-I-Coug
Well, I guess I trust our coaching staff to get that message out there. ESPN labeled JDL as "just behind" Clemson's sensational true freshman QB, so the National word is spreading.

We're going to be pretty solid at WR next season regardless, and at the very least, I'd like to think that top JC WRs, high school seniors, and even those kids in the transfer portal will look to WSU as a solid destination.
Especially now with the lack of mass WR rotations

Especially now with the lack of mass WR rotations

The idea of distributing the ball around is a good plan. It is more than fair as a scheme. However, 4 and 5 star receiver prospects want to be exactly that, a star. Rotating in and out of the game and never really getting a solid chance to ring up some big stats doesnt help you land those kids.

The idea of distributing the ball around is a good plan. It is more than fair as a scheme. However, 4 and 5 star receiver prospects want to be exactly that, a star. Rotating in and out of the game and never really getting a solid chance to ring up some big stats doesnt help you land those kids.
Yup

Manjack, Thompkins, and the quick DB from Cali. Was our highest rated recruit

Looks like Thompkins is leaning towards UCF. Manjack’s profile says SC/WSU.

How many years in a row was it that SC took one of WSU’s commits and that kid went on to tear his knee up??? At least 3 years. Curse of the Trojan’s is real.

With JDL emerging as one of the best freshman QB prospects in all of college football, I imagine we'll become a consideration for many top WR prospects.

I suspect that this will also help somewhat in securing which ever RB we eventually sign, as well. RB's do well with teams that have a legitimate RPO, and offenses featuring a RPO have O lines that drill run blocking pretty heavily...unlike air raid teams. Air raid teams get RB's that see their greatest success potential in being able to catch passes...only rarely do they have the up the gut ability of a Borghi. Once a good RB understands the R&S, it has to be an attractive offense. They get a chance to do everything that the NFL is looking for, and we have a prominent opening coming up at RB that a HS senior has to see as an opportunity. JdL's debut should help RB recruiting.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT