ADVERTISEMENT

What about a 5 game season for the Pac-12 north...

ttowncoug

Hall Of Fame
Sep 9, 2001
Crown a champion, have them play the winner of the south.

Then have the Pac-12 vs. Big 10 in the Rose Bowl.

Cali schools are really doubtful at this time. May just have to play for the Rick Newweasel NW Championship. Throw in the Vandals, BSU And EWU.

Reactions: earldacoug
Cali schools are really doubtful at this time. May just have to play for the Rick Newweasel NW Championship. Throw in the Vandals, BSU And EWU.
I still like my idea from the other thread better assuming no CA or AZ games.

Take the Washington and Oregon schools. Throw in Utah and Colorado. Start play on 10/1. Play each team twice. Once home and once away.

No byes and your done on 12/5. One bye and your done 12/12.

Everyone can play meaningful games and everyone gets five at home.​

Seems like a perfect year for a playoff featuring the Champ from each Power 5 conference and highest ranked Group of 5 team.

Top two teams get a bye in week one. Then it's 1 vs 3/G5 and 2 vs 4/5. Winners of that game play for the national title. SEC can go eat a dick if they don't like it.

Based on last year, it would have been:

#1 LSU
#2 Ohio State
#3 Clemson
#4 Oklahoma
#5 Oregon
#6 Notre Dame or Memphis

Georgia, Florida and Alabama would have to pound sand.

Not particularly exciting for the fans of regular schools.....but the sponsors would love it.

Last edited:
Seems like a perfect year for a playoff featuring the Champ from each Power 5 conference and highest ranked Group of 5 team.

Top two teams get a bye in week one. Then it's 1 vs 3/G5 and 2 vs 4/5. Winners of that game play for the national title. SEC can go eat a dick if they don't like it.
I agree but Might as well go to 8 teams. 5 power conferences, best of the G5 and 2 at large. Put them in a bubble for the tournament.

I’d even be for a short season and a 64 team tournament of the top rated teams still playing ( fair chance Cali schools are out). 1st 2 games on campus of the higher ranked teams in late November. Move Sweet 16 to the bubble.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT