ADVERTISEMENT

What can we read into the fact that ...

YakiCoug

Hall Of Fame
Jan 6, 2003
Anthony Gordon - and not Trey Tinsley - got the snaps behind center at the end of the Colorado game? Having seen both in practices, I can confidently say that Gordon has the stronger arm and better release, and he's a legit 6-3.

Question I have for those in the know. Whom is a better overall vocal leader? The team will need to fill the void left by Gardner. Could this be why Gordon played?

Anthony Gordon - and not Trey Tinsley - got the snaps behind center at the end of the Colorado game? Having seen both in practices, I can confidently say that Gordon has the stronger arm and better release, and he's a legit 6-3.

Gordon replaced Tinsley @ some point earlier in the year, but was advised it was due to a uniform infraction on Tinsley. Not sure what to make of Gordon’s insertion @ Colorado.
By some accounts, Cooper is the man next year.

I think it was more of a "his turn to get reps". It was Tinsley that was first to see the field this year against San Jose St, but the refs pulled him off the field due to his knee pad violation. Gordon went in after that, going 1-3 6 yds with an interception, and then 2-2 11 yds vs Colorado.

Tinsley was the first to see the field again vs Eastern the following week, 6-8 54 yds 1 TD.

I do believe they are now about equal in minutes played so far this season.

Tinsley had the better spring, but I don't know how they have been faring against each other since then.

Experience for any of the backups is good.

I don’t read into anything with backups playing garbage time. Snaps and game reps are great practice.

That we don’t currently have a QB controversy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT