ADVERTISEMENT

What could have been a great storyline

CougEd

Hall Of Fame
Dec 22, 2002
Out of all the opt outs there is one that struck me hardest. JG. He hung in there all year. I am sure disappointed by not earning the starting gig. But his story if he stayed committed and finished what he started could have been epic. Old timers...Washington Football team and Cowboy fans to this day talk about 1974 Thanksgiving Day game where Staubach got hurt and in came a 3rd stringer who never played in Clint Longley. He threw a miracle pass.

JG could have finished that way, could have and probably would have been player of the game if he made two more throws that Victor did and won the game.

My dad and I had issues, but he told me if I start it I finish it. I cant let myself and teammates down. And all the people in the portal, JG could have done something so memorable. Cardale Jones for Ohio State, was their third stringer and he was forced to play in the final two games in which they won, and won the NATTY...and there was talk he would be a first round draft pick if he left OSU early. He eventually left and became a third rounder, but his two games will be forever remembered by OSU fans.

JG you took the easy way out and it cost you!

Out of all the opt outs there is one that struck me hardest. JG. He hung in there all year. I am sure disappointed by not earning the starting gig. But his story if he stayed committed and finished what he started could have been epic. Old timers...Washington Football team and Cowboy fans to this day talk about 1974 Thanksgiving Day game where Staubach got hurt and in came a 3rd stringer who never played in Clint Longley. He threw a miracle pass.

JG could have finished that way, could have and probably would have been player of the game if he made two more throws that Victor did and won the game.

My dad and I had issues, but he told me if I start it I finish it. I cant let myself and teammates down. And all the people in the portal, JG could have done something so memorable. Cardale Jones for Ohio State, was their third stringer and he was forced to play in the final two games in which they won, and won the NATTY...and there was talk he would be a first round draft pick if he left OSU early. He eventually left and became a third rounder, but his two games will be forever remembered by OSU fans.

JG you took the easy way out and it cost you!

But JG wouldn't have led us to victory yesterday. Those 2 throws would probably have been INTs. 😀

Cooper missed a great opportunity too. Could have put some good game reps on film. Now all he’s got to show schools is his high school film.

Also, nothing against the guy but Irritated me a bit when the broadcast said Guarantano “opted out”. I’m sorry, potential NFL guys “opt out”. Guarantano just quit.

Cooper missed a great opportunity too. Could have put some good game reps on film. Now all he’s got to show schools is his high school film.

Also, nothing against the guy but Irritated me a bit when the broadcast said Guarantano “opted out”. I’m sorry, potential NFL guys “opt out”. Guarantano just quit.
Agree … they need to call it correct

I get Cooper putting his name in the portal before signing day but JG flat out quit. No ifs and or buts about it.

Reactions: Fab5Coug
An epic story? That's a bit over the top no? It's a bowl game nobody cares about against a replacement team with no one watching? If your scenario happens, the only people talking about it are 10 people on this board and another 10 CMU fans

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT