ADVERTISEMENT

What did we learn week one?

All this from a Wulff stooge who stained his Fruit of the Looms over massive wins against Idaho State and a beaten-down UNLV team back "in the day." B.J. Salmonson, who started and fared well Saturday, was a back-up a year ago on an O-line you're suggesting has numbers no different from the late 1990s. The fact is you have any number of people who, if needed, could step up this year and will have to step up next year. The fact is there are actually choices this program hasn't ever seen on the O-line. It's not as if Leach has signed only two HS linemen in five seasons.
What you're doing here simply bleeds purple, as in the husky fan you've been, are, and will continue to be. You're a FAKE COUG, ediot. You sent your daughter to the UW. How's the XXL Husky Dad T-shirt feel?
"You sent your daughter to the UW." Pretty funny stuff. The kid is 18. Makes her own choices and looks out for her own future regardless of how her dad feels about the school and football team.The three public schools that excelled in her field that she thinks she wants to go into were UW, UCLA and Cal Berkley. It was her position she didn't want her parents to pay an extra 160k for the same education. If WSU had her program, or if it was remotely comparable she would have rather gone to WSU. She worked way too hard in school for dad's crimson color glasses to get in the way of what was best for her future.

"You sent your daughter to the UW." Pretty funny stuff. The kid is 18. Makes her own choices and looks out for her own future regardless of how her dad feels about the school and football team.The three public schools that excelled in her field that she thinks she wants to go into were UW, UCLA and Cal Berkley. It was her position she didn't want her parents to pay an extra 160k for the same education. If WSU had her program, or if it was remotely comparable she would have rather gone to WSU. She worked way too hard in school for dad's crimson color glasses to get in the way of what was best for her future.

There's plenty of crap to give Ed on here, but not for his daughter choosing to go to UW (so long as he didn't push it on her by feeding into anti-WSU or anti-Pullman stereotypes, which I doubt very strongly he'd do).

So, she's majoring in Swahili? Guess she'll get to tutor some of the football players then...

You should check the dictionary under pathetic. You will find the most recent picture of yourself.

You should check the dictionary under pathetic. You will find the most recent picture of yourself.

Nice comeback, spongeforbrains. Clearly, the UW football-Swahili allusion went right over your empty head. More Busch Lite!

Nice comeback, spongeforbrains. Clearly, the UW football-Swahili allusion went right over your empty head. More Busch Lite!
Too funny, you are making an assumption as you do on many things... this was not Spongebob.

So, she's majoring in Swahili? Guess she'll get to tutor some of the football players then...
Yo SH Laki....send me your email as the Nanook went out of date a long time ago and other emails keep on changing and I will have my daughter translate Swahili to English for you..."wewe ni mfuko douche".

Yo SH Laki....send me your email as the Nanook went out of date a long time ago and other emails keep on changing and I will have my daughter translate Swahili to English for you..."wewe ni mfuko douche".

Why wouldn't you just let this thread die?

There's plenty of crap to give Ed on here, but not for his daughter choosing to go to UW (so long as he didn't push it on her by feeding into anti-WSU or anti-Pullman stereotypes, which I doubt very strongly he'd do).
425...you are correct. Why would I push anti-wsu or anti-pullman thoughts in her head. She loved the campus and was surprised how much she liked it because of all the stuff she hears from others. She would have gone there but for her major it made sense for her to attend UW.

As for what I try to do for my school? Two small scholies this year that helped make a difference in two kids heading to WSU.

Mike Leach was notified about Ali Gaye after his first start in high school his soph year. WSU had early knowledge of a kid who eventually signed with the UW.

June Daugherty were made aware of a kid after her sophomore year in high school. They didn't even give the kid a sniff. The player was signed by the UW. Not a criticism on the coaches, each coach sees a kid differently. More to the point I would like to see others I know experience what it is to be a Coug.

Yes I believe in WSU and Pullman, it is a second home to me. I love being a Coug. Yes, I would have loved to have her go to WSU and enjoy the great time I had. Like I mentioned she would have if UW wasn't sitting in the Mecca of tech.

well, one option would be letting it go. (you know, acting like the grown up...)
Or a second option is call out someone who isn't grown up and brings that crap to the table- as 425cougfan did.

You are correct, when someone calls my "Cougness" into question I will go back to my days of an 18 year old. It is just me.

ADVERTISEMENT