ADVERTISEMENT

What do we need to be on turnover margin on Saturday to win?

How_did_this_happen?

Hall Of Fame
Gold Member
Nov 3, 2012
Even up will be fine?
+1?
+2?
-2? (o_O...that's for Patrol)

I'm going with +2 to win.

Me pessimistic?? Never.

Well, we were +5 against Utah, and it was a 1 score game. So unless the offense really figured some things out in the week off - things that they haven't figured out in the previous 10 weeks - let's say +6 to be safe.

due to our offense not being able to take advantage of the turn overs afforded them, I don' think we NEED to be more than +/- 0.

If the O can simply play like the should/can, and score 30+, we win. Our D will give up 2 big plays for 14, and a PR to set up another 7. That' all the mutts can manage, so we need to score.

I'm gonna take a different angle. If we are even we win UW lives on the turnover too, and I think we have a better team. They are gonna need to force turnovers to win, we can straight up stuff them and we will win. If we are net zero, Cougs roll.

I'm gonna take a different angle. If we are even we win UW lives on the turnover too, and I think we have a better team. They are gonna need to force turnovers to win, we can straight up stuff them and we will win. If we are net zero, Cougs roll.
Define "roll" if the net is zero?

I think scoring early will be more important than turn overs. But at +2 I would be pretty confident.

Reactions: random soul
The cougs need to be plus two in turnovers. I see a one pick 6 for the mutts The cougs have to match that as Falk will probably have at least 2 interceptions and about 4 sacks.The defense will have to play lights out to hold the mutts below 21 pts. If Falk played error less ball the cougs win by two scores.

Since ElComanche mentions a pick six in virtually every post I was wondering how many pick six's Falk has thrown this year. I can only remember one. Plus his TD to interception ratio is pretty good. What is your obsession with this or should I bother to ask?

Since ElComanche mentions a pick six in virtually every post I was wondering how many pick six's Falk has thrown this year. I can only remember one. Plus his TD to interception ratio is pretty good. What is your obsession with this or should I bother to ask?
In fairness he had the fumble 6 vs Cal (on him) and a pick six against Furd. Pretty sure BSU took one back too didn't they....that might have been a fumble too though? I count 3. I don't give a shit if it bounces or is caught in the air, they all count the same.

I may not have the same vitriol for Falk that ElC does, but I can certainly recognize inability to execute/perform when I see it and I'm just as concerned for Saturday. And count me in the, "if Falk doesn't turn the ball over we win" camp. Our D is going to give Browning nightmares, the offense just needs to function somewhat.

In fairness he had the fumble 6 vs Cal (on him) and a pick six against Furd. Pretty sure BSU took one back too didn't they....that might have been a fumble too though? I count 3. I don't give a shit if it bounces or is caught in the air, they all count the same.

I may not have the same vitriol for Falk that ElC does, but I can certainly recognize inability to execute/perform when I see it and I'm just as concerned for Saturday. And count me in the, "if Falk doesn't turn the ball over we win" camp. Our D is going to give Browning nightmares, the offense just needs to function somewhat.

That is why it is so scary. I can already hear the refrain on Sunday - "if only we could have scored one TD we would have won. The defense did a great job, just couldn't move the ball..." Feels all too familiar.

" I can certainly recognize inability to execute/perform when I see it..."

Can you? Or do you just count every bad route run--pass dropped--or block missed against the QB?

2 scores Kevo. UW needs the ball to bounce their way to win this one. WSU has the better overall team.
So a nine point win by wizzu and UW will have been 'rolled'? Ok. The 9-2 record, leader in all main defensive categories in the conference, playing at home, and a 9 point favorite yet they're still going to need the ball to bounce their way huh? That sounds flat dumb. Not saying wizzu won't win, but you need to qualify your statement.

The cougs need to be plus two in turnovers. I see a one pick 6 for the mutts The cougs have to match that as Falk will probably have at least 2 interceptions and about 4 sacks.The defense will have to play lights out to hold the mutts below 21 pts. If Falk played error less ball the cougs win by two scores.
Falk's more likely to be sacked 8 times than throw two picks

So a nine point win by wizzu and UW will have been 'rolled'? Ok. The 9-2 record, leader in all main defensive categories in the conference, playing at home, and a 9 point favorite yet they're still going to need the ball to bounce their way huh? That sounds flat dumb. Not saying wizzu won't win, but you need to qualify your statement.
Do you feel witty saying “wizzu”?

Only as witty as wizzu fans when they say 'fusky' or 'huck the fuskies', which, is about a billion times a year.
So you're saying it's pretty f'ing stupid. Thanks for admitting it. Would seem "stupid is as stupid does/says" is apropos.

Exactly, we're both stupid. Oh boy.
No, just you—I don’t use silly little made up words...but I’m sure your momma is proud of you that you came up with “wizzu” all by yourself without anybody’s help, so you just have fun with that.

" I can certainly recognize inability to execute/perform when I see it..."

Can you? Or do you just count every bad route run--pass dropped--or block missed against the QB?
I stand corrected. Falk has been a model of consistency all year with no shaky moments. What was I thinking.

No, just you—I don’t use silly little made up words...but I’m sure your momma is proud of you that you came up with “wizzu” all by yourself without anybody’s help, so you just have fun with that.
Well then your wizzu buddies who say 'fuskies', 'fusky', and 'huck the fuskies' all the time. I'll be stupid with them.

I don't understand the dig. "Wizzu" like "wizz"? Like, peeing?
Don't try to delve into the genius that is Donny's favorite nonsensical word. Just offer him some tater tots and send him on his way a happy camper.

Don't try to delve into the genius that is Donny's favorite nonsensical word. Just offer him some tater tots and send him on his way a happy camper.

Kind of reminds me of Husky fans who call Pullman "Pullme". I never really got that one either. "Pullme", like "pull me". Is that a masturbation reference?

Kind of reminds me of Husky fans who call Pullman "Pullme". I never really got that one either. "Pullme", like "pull me". Is that a masturbation reference?

I never got that one either.

By the way, we do the Huck the Fuskies thing but not the same to Oregon? Hmmm...I wonder why?? :D

Reactions: Alpine Cougar
I never got that one either.

By the way, we do the Huck the Fuskies thing but not the same to Oregon? Hmmm...I wonder why?? :D

I remember my freshman year (the Leaf Rose Bowl year), I got the FUCLA & FUW shirts (thinking I was quite clever, of course). But, I remember they also made one that just straight up, said "F*** Cal". I always thought that one was pretty funny.

I guess you have to be of the same mental capacity to understand it. What our little buddy Donny overlooks is the "fusky" reference at least is based on transposing letters so you can put "huck the fuskies" on a T-shirt and get the sentiment across without dropping the F-bomb, but the play on words (or in this case letters) is lost on him. Sure its a bit crass and not really that amusing, but that's what you get when you have frats making up Apple Cup shirts. His retaliatory jibberish is pretty funny though, and even funnier is the fact that he thinks its quite the jab while the rest of us laugh at him for it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT