ADVERTISEMENT

Which unis/helmets should WSU wear in the Apple Cup?

Actually, I’m partial to the crimson/white/crimson combo for away games.

These were hot ...
paul-wulff-jumping.gif

Never wear red in Husky stadium, look at history, red has not been kind. Look at the good history, Leaf in 97, Brink to Harvey, Brink to Gibson. Silver helmets, white jersey, silver pants.

Reactions: Fab5Coug
i'm partial to the icy whites for road games, but the more traditional crimson/white/crimson look would be just fine too.

not that it really matters, but i personally think we went to the "alternate" well too often this year. "alternative to what?" is the question when you're wearing anthracite just as often as your home crimson...

Never wear red in Husky stadium, look at history, red has not been kind. Look at the good history, Leaf in 97, Brink to Harvey, Brink to Gibson. Silver helmets, white jersey, silver pants.
Sold. But then again I’m the curmudgeon who’d ultimately prefer that we wore the same color schemes we did in the 80’s. Including the script on the helmet.

Reactions: BleedCrimsonandGray

It is my understanding that WSU has never won in Mutt stadium while wearing crimson pants. My guess is they will wear the traditional grey helmets, white jerseys and gray pants on the 25th.

I have always thought the crimson helmets would look good with white jerseys and the regular gray pants but I really thought the anthracite helmets with the white logo with the white jerseys and anthracite pants looked really good last Saturday at Utah.

When are people going to realize that silver is gone and not available to wear?

Yes, black and purple is pretty hideous.
I remember one year UW wore these playing Oregon State, and some other team who had black as a primary color (non conference game. Can't remember who). I thought to myself. How Stupid/arrogant is it to wear THE OTHER TEAMs color during a game. Oregon is of course guilty of this from time to time as well. I will throw up in my mouth a little if black is ever part of our wardrobe. Our uni combos this year have been fantastic and the best part is it's all WSU colors.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT