ADVERTISEMENT

Whittinham is an idiot

Coug1990

Hall Of Fame
Gold Member
Dec 22, 2002
He called a time out to stop the clock when the game was all but going to overtime. The uw capitalized and Utah lost. Just plain stupid.

was thinking the same thing. gave peterson a chance to reconsider his decision to take it to ot...

and the upside of the decision was basically nothing. a punt return. that's all they would have gotten. a chance at a punt return touchdown. a unicorn, basically.

so dumb.

He called a time out to stop the clock when the game was all but going to overtime. The uw capitalized and Utah lost. Just plain stupid.
I was disappointed that they stopped bringing the house on their pass rush on the last drive. Browning would have been brutalized.

The timeout was a real headscratcher no doubt. I don't get that call.

oh jeez, you're right. when it happened i thought he'd be able to force them to punt, but it was only second down and he only had one left. god it's even worse than i thought.

The only thing they could hope for was a fumble. It was just plain stupid,

Not even Saban would get a pass on that. Catastrophic in-game coaching decision. No possible way to get the ball back, you have a superior kicking game, OT was your friend.

There have to be a lot of pissed off Ute fans out there.

Didn't Wittingham also go for 2 against SC this year? He did make some good moves tonight (inside, fake punt) but a couple times he's over thought at the end of games this season.

I am glad that udub won . if the cougs beat them then they look better. The game, at least shows, the cougs have a good chance to beat them if there are no pick sixes. If Falk has an average day,which i expect,the cougs can beat them

I am glad that udub won . if the cougs beat them then they look better. The game, at least shows, the cougs have a good chance to beat them if there are no pick sixes. If Falk has an average day,which i expect,the cougs can beat them

Beating Stanford, Utah already made the Cougars look better. In fact, if Utah had won on the road against the uw, it makes going on the road and winning against both teams that much more impressive.

Beating Stanford, Utah already made the Cougars look better. In fact, if Utah had won on the road against the uw, it makes going on the road and winning against both teams that much more impressive.
That and an Overtime game would have been real nice. Nothing like a couple of extra periods of Utah smacking them in the mouth before they play a well rested team. Oh well. At least Furd won.

Utah's stupid decision was calling the pass on second down after the Mutt timeout. They were grinding 45 seconds off the clock with each running play.

Utah's stupid decision was calling the pass on second down after the Mutt timeout. They were grinding 45 seconds off the clock with each running play.

I thought that was a curious call as well. Running the ball is what they do best and then they go and pass it stopping the clock.

Fo sho—our win going into Ute’s house is much bigger if the Utes had beaten the Pusskies in theirs.

There aren't many situations where I would root for UW, and last night wasn't one of them. Half-Whittingham let the Huskies off the hook. Too bad, Utah played very well and it made me appreciate even more the Cougar victory in Salt Lake City last week.

Glad Cougar

You gotta admit, Petersen basically saying, "Fine, I'll just beat you now, then" is pretty badass.

Reactions: Cougzz
There aren't many situations where I would root for UW, and last night wasn't one of them. Half-Whittingham let the Huskies off the hook. Too bad, Utah played very well and it made me appreciate even more the Cougar victory in Salt Lake City last week.

Glad Cougar

Utah was the better team yesterday. But, that doesn't matter if you're stupid and lose the game in the last few minutes. By winning, they could have been bowl eligible. Now, the winner of CU and Utah is bowl eligible and the loser goes home for the holiday's.

Dumb coaching at the end cost Utah a game that a smart game plan and decent execution had pretty much given to the Utes.

Regardless of the result, this shows a few things:

1.) All the talk about UW not having faced enough good teams to deserve their hype is probably true.
2.) All the talk about UW being tough at home this year is overblown.
3.) If you do something as obviously brain dead as Utah's coaching staff did at the end, Peterson is a good enough coach to make you eat the bad decision.
4.) And it ain't over 'til its over.

meh. when you get into this kind of thinking i think it all gets pretty debatable.

one thing i like about their win is we now have the same record and they won't drop from the rankings (which almost certainly would have happened w/ a loss), so the buzz around the apple cup will be real nice.

UW got beat up most the night and had to play hard for the full 60. That's good for the Cougs. I like the Cougs' chances better with UW coming off a victory than a loss. And definitely it's much better for the Apple Cup to be between two ranked teams. I'm going with Due Theory for next Saturday night, the Cougs will win.

UW got beat up most the night and had to play hard for the full 60. That's good for the Cougs. I like the Cougs' chances better with UW coming off a victory than a loss. And definitely it's much better for the Apple Cup to be between two ranked teams. I'm going with Due Theory for next Saturday night, the Cougs will win.
IF Luke is there. Little doubt the defense will be there and they'll have to both stop the run and harass their QB on obvious passing plays. So, we'll see. It can happen for sure.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT