ADVERTISEMENT

Who is getting fired???

BiggsCoug

Hall Of Fame
Feb 5, 2003
You gave up 702 yards of offense and 51 points in your rivalry game. You have 2 strong DEs and a LB who is up for national awards. Don’t tell me some horse shit story about injuries or youth or miracle catches. You gave up 702 f’ing yards!

Your offense is horse shit. The QB has all day, can’t find an open receiver. The QB runs for his life, can’t make a block. There is no rhyme or reason to your offense, no rhythm either. Can’t throw the ball, can’t run the ball.

And you’re telling me that there is nothing to worry about? No changes need to be made? No accountability for anything?

702 f’ing yards and 51 points.
27 points in the first half, most by luck but it still counts. 6 points in the second half.

When is Dickert gonna be a head coach and fire guys? He is not a f’ing assistant any more. He is first and foremost responsible to the university for the product on the field. The staff needs firings. 702 yards. Holy f’ing tap dancing Moses! Would Bill Moos tell him “that’s ok. Better luck next year.” No he would not.

If the uw gave up 702 yards of offense to WSU, does the DC have a job after the game? Does he even get to travel with the team back to Seattle?

Raise your f’ing standards Dickert.

Whoever was in charge when the OL was recruited. Hint: We had “no shot” in this game.

And the person responsible for fixing it? Do they have any accountability?

You cannot sit around the office and say “man, we need more OL.” You have to actually go get them.

They didn’t. Roster mismanagement falls on the HC.

What we need to do is recruit more kids from Washington……..That “Care” about the Apple Cup like UW’s top offensive performers: o_O

Penix - Tampa, Fl
Odunze - Las Vegas, NV
McMillian - Fresno, CA
Taulapapa - Honolulu, HI
Davis - Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Nixon, Waco, TX
Jackson - Antioch, CA

The loss is on the HC. Building the roster and game planning to help the defense and giving up 51 points despite the offense not turning it over once is unacceptable.

I'm not firing anyone yet, though. Dickert's learning on the job and he just got a lot of feedback about what we need to do better. I'm curious how he navigates a normal off-season and prepares the team for next year. This team was short on top end talent and depth. It's up to the staff to fix but let's not pretend the turmoil we've faced the past three off-season haven't taken their toll here.

The loss is on the HC. Building the roster and game planning to help the defense and giving up 51 points despite the offense not turning it over once is unacceptable.

I'm not firing anyone yet, though. Dickert's learning on the job and he just got a lot of feedback about what we need to do better. I'm curious how he navigates a normal off-season and prepares the team for next year. This team was short on top end talent and depth. It's up to the staff to fix but let's not pretend the turmoil we've faced the past three off-season haven't taken their toll here.

Of the 6 players in the WSU 425 defensive front, 1 was a returning All Conference player, another is All Conference caliber and a third is a finalist for a national position award.

Literally half the defensive front 6 is All League or better.

Tell me more about “short on top end talent.”

If 702 yards is acceptable with half your defensive front being All League, what is unacceptable?

Fire the f’ing staff and get some guys that know what they’re doing. F’ing on the job learning? Not while Bronco Mendenhall is looking for a job.

Fire Chun too.

Of the 6 players in the WSU 425 defensive front, 1 was a returning All Conference player, another is All Conference caliber and a third is a finalist for a national position award.

If 702 yards is acceptable with half your defensive front being All League, what is unacceptable?

Fire the f’ing staff and get some guys that know what they’re doing. F’ing on the job learning? Not while Bronco Mendenhall is looking for a job.

Fire Chun too.
Pretty sure I was saying fire Chun about the time I got banned years ago. My opinion has not changed.

Fire Chun too.
They are short on top end talent. Every starter on the D-Line are developmental guys and I doubt any of them stick on an NFL roster. Quinn Roff, Ron Stone, and Brennan Jackson have turned into pretty good PAC 12 players with time in the program but we aren’t talking about Rien Long or Herc.

They didn’t play their best last night and I’m sure they’d be the first to tell you that but they didn’t get much help from the defensive game plan. It stunk. UW would have scored a bunch anyways but FFS be aggressive, especially when you realize sitting back in coverage is a recipe to get burned. This has been an aggressive defense for a few years now predicated on getting pressure and forcing mistakes. Why for the love of god do you decide to rush 4 90% of the game with a QB who excels at throwing from a clean pocket.

I’d also look at how you’re tipping off your defense Presnap. It seemed like UW was inside our huddle and knew every stunt, blitz and coverage we were calling every play. I can’t recall a play in Which it looked like our defense “guessed right”. Over the course of 70 plays that’s not a coincidence.

Reactions: LeachPack
They are short on top end talent. Every starter on the D-Line are developmental guys and I doubt any of them stick on an NFL roster. Quinn Roff, Ron Stone, and Brennan Jackson have turned into pretty good PAC 12 players with time in the program but we aren’t talking about Rien Long or Herc.

They didn’t play their best last night and I’m sure they’d be the first to tell you that but they didn’t get much help from the defensive game plan. It stunk. UW would have scored a bunch anyways but FFS be aggressive, especially when you realize sitting back in coverage is a recipe to get burned. This has been an aggressive defense for a few years now predicated on getting pressure and forcing mistakes. Why for the love of god do you decide to rush 4 90% of the game with a QB who excels at throwing from a clean pocket.

I’d also look at how you’re tipping off your defense Presnap. It seemed like UW was inside our huddle and knew every stunt, blitz and coverage we were calling every play. I can’t recall a play in Which it looked like our defense “guessed right”. Over the course of 70 plays that’s not a coincidence.

Our all conference guys looked fine against lower end competition but disappeared against better teams. That to me says talent.

You gave up 702 yards of offense and 51 points in your rivalry game. You have 2 strong DEs and a LB who is up for national awards. Don’t tell me some horse shit story about injuries or youth or miracle catches. You gave up 702 f’ing yards!

Your offense is horse shit. The QB has all day, can’t find an open receiver. The QB runs for his life, can’t make a block. There is no rhyme or reason to your offense, no rhythm either. Can’t throw the ball, can’t run the ball.

And you’re telling me that there is nothing to worry about? No changes need to be made? No accountability for anything?

27 points in the first half, most by luck but it still counts. 6 points in the second half.

When is Dickert gonna be a head coach and fire guys? He is not a f’ing assistant any more. He is first and foremost responsible to the university for the product on the field. The staff needs firings. 702 yards. Holy f’ing tap dancing Moses! Would Bill Moos tell him “that’s ok. Better luck next year.” No he would not.

If the uw gave up 702 yards of offense to WSU, does the DC have a job after the game? Does he even get to travel with the team back to Seattle?

Ummm … then Bill Doba should have raised his standards . In the 01 Oregon Game , how many yards did he give up on the ground? Harrington the Hesiman candidate at the time did nothing against us. There one rb if I recall had 220 yards . Couldn’t do jack to stop it . Cost us the game . Fire him .

Next week we played UCLA and that is when Doba decides to go to a 5 man d line . Day late and a dollar short . We win the Oregon game we go to the Rose Bowl that year.

You fire coaches who consistently have bad plans . Football is about matchups . This is the worst possible match up for wsu . A qb who is ultra accurate on deep throws and a perfect pocket every time .

And because the oline was that good they could run everything effectively .

You don’t fire people over a game . They led the league in scoring defense .

By your standards you would have fired Dennis, Price, Doba as dc, Leach .

We couldn’t generate pressure and not having marsh back there changed the dynamics as well.

And you know what , momentum of the game and the score changed on the third down pass interference against Langford . Cost us the game .. maybe maybe not . But certainly changed the momentum .

Were you the guy who was “thinking just in case” leach didn’t turn it around after the bad start in 2015 we needed to get a line in some coaching . Uw was a match up problem . You think any other uw qb of the last thirty years making some of those throws . ?

Building a program even with big sky takent can be done and can win . If you thought this season was going to be more than 5-7 to 8-4 then you are the one who had the false expectations .

Reactions: mikalalas
Ummm … then Bill Doba should have raised his standards . In the 01 Oregon Game , how many yards did he give up on the ground? Harrington the Hesiman candidate at the time did nothing against us. There one rb if I recall had 220 yards . Couldn’t do jack to stop it . Cost us the game . Fire him .

Next week we played UCLA and that is when Doba decides to go to a 5 man d line . Day late and a dollar short . We win the Oregon game we go to the Rose Bowl that year.

You fire coaches who consistently have bad plans . Football is about matchups . This is the worst possible match up for wsu . A qb who is ultra accurate on deep throws and a perfect pocket every time .

And because the oline was that good they could run everything effectively .

You don’t fire people over a game . They led the league in scoring defense .

By your standards you would have fired Dennis, Price, Doba as dc, Leach .

We couldn’t generate pressure and not having marsh back there changed the dynamics as well.

And you know what , momentum of the game and the score changed on the third down pass interference against Langford . Cost us the game .. maybe maybe not . But certainly changed the momentum .

What good is leading the league in scoring defense if you lose 5 f’ing league games and finish in 7th place? Completely useless stat. It does not make any points for you.

How do you have 2 all league DEs and have zero pass rush? How does the DL coach have a job?

Fire Chun too.
Getting mendenhall would be huge

Reactions: BiggsCoug
What good is leading the league in scoring defense if you lose 5 f’ing league games and finish in 7th place? Completely useless stat. It does not make any points for you.

How do you have 2 all league DEs and have zero pass rush? How does the DL coach have a job?
Because they aren’t all league D ends. You can be a backup and get hon mention. They are hustle guys that rely on game plans that give them a chance to make plays going against other average to below average o-linemen. Neither guy is going to beat a quality tackle one on one. They’ve done their damage against guys who are like our tackles and with aggressive schemes that bring max pressure where a QB scrambles into their lane. That’s who they are. UW has quality tackles and the scheme was weak therefor they were non existent.

Our all conference guys looked fine against lower end competition but disappeared against better teams. That to me says talent.
Exactly.

1. We had ZERO marquee wins this year. Nobody. And you can't call Wisconsin a marquee win.

2. I don't see how this team will beat Boise St. or Fresno St. in the LA Bowl. No way. Our O-Line and lack of talent, is the main reason we can't beat good teams.

Exactly.

1. We had ZERO marquee wins this year. Nobody. And you can't call Wisconsin a marquee win.

2. I don't see how this team will beat Boise St. or Fresno St. in the LA Bowl. No way. Our O-Line and lack of talent, is the main reason we can't beat good teams.

It will be MWC talent vs MWC talent except they have MWC coaching and WSU is somewhere between MWC and D2 coaching.

I don't disagree, but we're miles away from serious change. A 7-8 win season overall is on par with Leach's average (0.539), better than the average of our last 10, 25 and 50 year teams, and better than anyone going back to (and including) Price. Even finishing in the middle of the PAC is overperforming for WSU.

You think I'm defending the state of affairs - I'm not: AC was a total embarrassment and we had a losing conference record - just pointing out it's unlikely that any seats are warm after an above-average bowl season.

Separately, we seem to have passed the point where the Huskies overlook us. Seems like there used to be a lot more ACs where one team with nothing to lose came in and had its way with the favorite; Huskies by contrast now seem to give us their best shot starting in the first quarter every AC.

And the person responsible for fixing it? Do they have any accountability?

You cannot sit around the office and say “man, we need more OL.” You have to actually go get them.

They didn’t. Roster mismanagement falls on the HC.
The current head coach became the head coach about 13 months ago. He will have lead the team to two bowl games in his first 1.5 seasons.

Maybe go kick your dog?

Fire Chun too.
FIRE EVERYONE! That will fix everything!

For the record, WSU has won three more games that I predicted at the beginning of the year and has a chance to win four more than I predicted. Not bad, IMO, for a program that is on its third HC since 2019, has a new OC, a new starting QB, a duct tape OL, and an average defense.

FIRE EVERYONE! That will fix everything!

For the record, WSU has won three more games that I predicted at the beginning of the year and has a chance to win four more than I predicted. Not bad, IMO, for a program that is on its third HC since 2019, has a new OC, a new starting QB, a duct tape OL, and an average defense.
Yeah, now that my hangover is wearing off, I gotta agree with you Gibby. I hate those f-ing mutts, but they were the better team. Penis has a helluva arm. Made Cam look like Charlie Brown.

7-5, hopefully 8-5, is better than we expected. So F-it.

Yeah, now that my hangover is wearing off, I gotta agree with you Gibby. I hate those f-ing mutts, but they were the better team. Penis has a helluva arm. Made Cam look like Charlie Brown.

7-5, hopefully 8-5, is better than we expected. So F-it.
"Penis" seemed to have a hell of a head on his ......whatever. In addition to accuracy, patience and pocket presence.

702 yards.

If this doesn’t get coaches fired, what does?

What is the least Dickert is willing to accept?

If 5 OL can’t block 3 DL, why does McGuire have a f’ing job? This is literally the second f’ing time we have seen this horse shit from him. What is the least Dickert is willing to accept from his OL coach?

Maybe just dance in the locker room some more? Big f’ing slap on the back for 7th place?

If the Mtn West Champ buries WSU is that the least he will accept?

The defense that played the 4th quarter of the Oregon game, played 4 quarters of it this game. Once again, the offense can't perform in the 2nd half. UW had more talent on offense, their QB is damn good, the O Line is outstanding which helps their QB, and this is the best set of wide receivers they have had in years. Other than perhaps running back, and that's a toss up, they are better at every position on offense.

Their coaching staff came in with a better game plan, Cougs looked unprepared, if not for some miracle 4th down plays by the Cougs, this game would have been over at half time, knowing the Cougs can't score more than 7 in the 2nd half.

702 yards.

If this doesn’t get coaches fired, what does?

What is the least Dickert is willing to accept?

If 5 OL can’t block 3 DL, why does McGuire have a f’ing job? This is literally the second f’ing time we have seen this horse shit from him. What is the least Dickert is willing to accept from his OL coach?

Maybe just dance in the locker room some more? Big f’ing slap on the back for 7th place?

If the Mtn West Champ buries WSU is that the least he will accept?
Covering up affairs, using a school issued phone to set up hookers when you're already under NCAA investigation, covering up a rape scandal, covering up a child abuse scandal, NCAA violations, and in Washington refusing a marginally effective "vaccine".

Morris should be first

UW had great pass protection all year. Our OL is subpar. Both teams played up to that standard in this one and it by far was the biggest difference. Penix also is miles better than Cam at this point.

There aren't going to be any serious staff changes based on this game. This isn't Auburn.

Dickert needs to do whatever it takes to address the OL. On defense, I agree with the general lack of top end talent but that, too, falls on Dickert. We can be confident that, at worst, Dickert is going to basically put a Wyoming defense out there. Developmental players who are coached and developed well. There may be more than that, but I don't see any 4- or 5-star freaks coming in the door. Can a Wyoming defense put up good numbers nationally and be pretty good? Yeah. Is it going to shut down an actual elite offense with talented receivers and other skill players? No.

UW had great pass protection all year. Our OL is subpar. Both teams played up to that standard in this one and it by far was the biggest difference. Penix also is miles better than Cam at this point.

There aren't going to be any serious staff changes based on this game. This isn't Auburn.

Dickert needs to do whatever it takes to address the OL. On defense, I agree with the general lack of top end talent but that, too, falls on Dickert. We can be confident that, at worst, Dickert is going to basically put a Wyoming defense out there. Developmental players who are coached and developed well. There may be more than that, but I don't see any 4- or 5-star freaks coming in the door. Can a Wyoming defense put up good numbers nationally and be pretty good? Yeah. Is it going to shut down an actual elite offense with talented receivers and other skill players? No.
On that point, I will add that we might avoid Riley getting USC really rolling on offense. The structure and scheme should be geared toward winning the conference, and matching up in the 8 or 9 conference games we're certain to have every year. The 4-2-5 fits that bill.

On offense, I'm curious whether the resident genius who wants to fire everyone wants to stick with a TE or not?

On that point, I will add that we might avoid Riley getting USC really rolling on offense. The structure and scheme should be geared toward winning the conference, and matching up in the 8 or 9 conference games we're certain to have every year. The 4-2-5 fits that bill.

On offense, I'm curious whether the resident genius who wants to fire everyone wants to stick with a TE or not?
Dickert didn't have the luxury of playing against a down P12 this year. The top half of the conference was either extremely talented or experienced. Historically we haven't done well against these types of opponents. We beat the teams we should have beaten and won two difficult games on the road (Arizona and Wisconsin). Simply winning the games we should has been a problem for the Cougs as long as I can remember. A lot of Cougar coaches/teams would have found a way to go 5-7 and we'd be talking about how we were a few breaks away from another bowl game.

If we are in the LA bowl, I'll put more weight on that than normal. We won't be facing a bad opponent, but we also won't be outclassed talent wise. Will the staff keep the team motivated and improving or do we sleepwalk to another loss? If the later happens, I'll be concerned.

Dickert didn't have the luxury of playing against a down P12 this year. The top half of the conference was either extremely talented or experienced. Historically we haven't done well against these types of opponents. We beat the teams we should have beaten and won two difficult games on the road (Arizona and Wisconsin). Simply winning the games we should has been a problem for the Cougs as long as I can remember. A lot of Cougar coaches/teams would have found a way to go 5-7 and we'd be talking about how we were a few breaks away from another bowl game.

If we are in the LA bowl, I'll put more weight on that than normal. We won't be facing a bad opponent, but we also won't be outclassed talent wise. Will the staff keep the team motivated and improving or do we sleepwalk to another loss? If the later happens, I'll be concerned.
One of the best points made yet, etown. WSU's 5 losses were to teams all currently ranked in the top 16 in the nation. It would have been nice to pull out one of those wins, but certainly understandable that they ended up losing those games. There's certainly enough success this year to give the program & coaching staff the benefit of the doubt and see if they can build things up next year.

Glad Cougar

One of the best points made yet, etown. WSU's 5 losses were to teams all currently ranked in the top 16 in the nation. It would have been nice to pull out one of those wins, but certainly understandable that they ended up losing those games. There's certainly enough success this year to give the program & coaching staff the benefit of the doubt and see if they can build things up next year.

Glad Cougar

The front 6 of their 425 defense has 3 kids that will likely be in NFL camps. They can’t get a pass rush. They can’t stop the run. They get drilled for 52 points and 702 yards. If they can’t be successful with these kids, who do they need to have in order to be successful? They are incompetent coaches.

How do they have so much equity at WSU that they get the benefit of the doubt?

And I get that they have bowl eligibility. That isn’t something that WSU has had a lot of in its 100 years. Im not blind to that. But…. I also know shitty football when I see it. When the talent in the front 6 goes down next year due to kids graduating, what are they gonna do? Unless Superman, Batman and Jesus himself are signing LOIs to play DT and LB next year…. the 702 will be more.

The front 6 of their 425 defense has 3 kids that will likely be in NFL camps. They can’t get a pass rush. They can’t stop the run. They get drilled for 52 points and 702 yards. If they can’t be successful with these kids, who do they need to have in order to be successful? They are incompetent coaches.

How do they have so much equity at WSU that they get the benefit of the doubt?

And I get that they have bowl eligibility. That isn’t something that WSU has had a lot of in its 100 years. Im not blind to that. But…. I also know shitty football when I see it. When the talent in the front 6 goes down next year due to kids graduating, what are they gonna do? Unless Superman, Batman and Jesus himself are signing LOIs to play DT and LB next year…. the 702 will be more.
And if they give up 702 more often next year, you look to make a change. I just am not ready to do it after one full season of this coaching staff when the team has a winning record & going to a bowl game.

Glad Cougar

Reactions: BiggsCoug
And if they give up 702 more often next year, you look to make a change. I just am not ready to do it after one full season of this coaching staff when the team has a winning record & going to a bowl game.

Glad Cougar

Your position is noted. Im more concerned about how bad it gets next year and if by not making a move to correct the issue now, the issue becomes so much worse that the hole is even deeper.

Your position is noted. Im more concerned about how bad it gets next year and if by not making a move to correct the issue now, the issue becomes so much worse that the hole is even deeper.
That may very well come to fruition, but we can't (and won't) make a move this year. Firing a coach after his first full year with a winning record and back-to-back bowl games isn't going to happen at WSU.

With that said, the honeymoon period is now over for the coaching staff. We're scheduled to return most of the offense and a good portion of the defense next season. Cam Ward, raw as he is, certainly has enough tools to build an offense around that can win 7-8 games. The offensive line returns a ton of experience, so no excuses there either. Get those cats in the weight room and add a couple of additional pieces via the portal.

The 2023 schedule isn't easy, but it's not as daunting as this years was. Road games at Colorado State, at ASU, at Cal, at Oregon, at UCLA, at UW. Home games vs. Wisconsin, Northern CO, Arizona, Colorado, Oregon State, and Stanford.

UW loses 3 offensive linemen and two 1st round picks in Penix and Udunze. Oregon loses Nix. UCLA loses all of their offensive production. Stanford will have a new coach, Colorado will have a new coach, Wisconsin will have a new coach. Gotta think we can at least match this years performance. If not, Dickert will be on the clock.

Are you going to fund the buyout?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT