ADVERTISEMENT

Who you got

He makes some really nice downfield blocks on screens. He moves well for 6’7”. It can be really really hard for 17-18 year old kids to grow into 6’7” and still move well. I’d like to see him be a little more mauling at the line of scrimmage. He is prob still light for 270lbs. on 6’7”. Maybe this year he will grow into that size a little more and really knock kids off the football.

This is a really strong pick up.

Reactions: kougkurt
He makes some really nice downfield blocks on screens. He moves well for 6’7”. It can be really really hard for 17-18 year old kids to grow into 6’7” and still move well. I’d like to see him be a little more mauling at the line of scrimmage. He is prob still light for 270lbs. on 6’7”. Maybe this year he will grow into that size a little more and really knock kids off the football.

If he’s committed to the weight room and training table he will be a solid 320 by his RS sophomore year. See how quickly the skills fill in but good start to work with.

He definitely has some upside but the rest of college football is taking a wait and see approach on the kid. I'd feel better about an offer to him after we've hit the recruiting trail and seen the crop of OL recruits for the year. No need to reach.

He definitely has some upside but the rest of college football is taking a wait and see approach on the kid. I'd feel better about an offer to him after we've hit the recruiting trail and seen the crop of OL recruits for the year. No need to reach.

I don't think the rest of college football gives a shit about kids from WA. Maybe Oregon State. Maybe Utah. If he doesnt have grades Stanford and Cal are out. SC and UCLA don't need to come north. ASU is a dumpster fire. They don't know what the hell they're doing down there. UA is neck deep in CA. It’s possible the uw shows up. Colorado is prob headed to Texas. Oregon is gonna be a Southern Cal team. For PNW kids their best options are the local schools. Two of which will big time the 2-3 star kids. More than half the conference isn’t going to show up and recruit the Northwest. They have invested in other areas that frankly produce more talent.

He is an Eastern Washington kid that is Pac 12 talent and DNA. What exactly is WSU supposed to be waiting for? This is their backyard. This kid is and should be ALL DAY WSU.

We aren’t Notre Dame waiting on the local podunk Indiana kid to have a big year or some 5 star kid to choose someone else and this is our back up plan.

I’d take this kid and the other in state OL every year. 5 of them.

I don't think the rest of college football gives a shit about kids from WA. Maybe Oregon State. Maybe Utah. If he doesnt have grades Stanford and Cal are out. SC and UCLA don't need to come north. ASU is a dumpster fire. They don't know what the hell they're doing down there. UA is neck deep in CA. It’s possible the uw shows up. Colorado is prob headed to Texas. Oregon is gonna be a Southern Cal team. For PNW kids their best options are the local schools. Two of which will big time the 2-3 star kids. More than half the conference isn’t going to show up and recruit the Northwest. They have invested in other areas that frankly produce more talent.

He is an Eastern Washington kid that is Pac 12 talent and DNA. What exactly is WSU supposed to be waiting for? This is their backyard. This kid is and should be ALL DAY WSU.

We aren’t Notre Dame waiting on the local podunk Indiana kid to have a big year or some 5 star kid to choose someone else and this is our back up plan.

I’d take this kid and the other in state OL every year. 5 of them.
I don’t much care what the rest of CFB is doing toward anyone. Find our guys, get in early, and reel them in. If we wait for other schools to notice, we get lost in the rush.

I haven’t watched Kennewick. I work with a guy who’s got a kid there, he says Tripp has good instincts and gets in front pretty well - which his film seems to bear out. Also said he’s got a frame that will easily put on 25 lbs in a strength & nutrition program, more if he spends another half hour a day in the weight room.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT