ADVERTISEMENT

Will writer Ken Goe and other Leach haters

Coug1990

Hall Of Fame
Gold Member
Dec 22, 2002
Will writer Ken Goe and other Leach haters write a story condemning OSU Beaver baseball coach Pat Casey? Last year, it was found out that perhaps their best player, pitcher Luke Heimlich, was a registered sex offender. He is from Puyallup. When he was 15, he was molesting a 6 year old girl family member. Apparently, it started when she was 4. OSU knew this from the beginning when he enrolled in school.

The victims mother didn't understand why he has ever been allowed to pitch for OSU.

He pitched on Friday for OSU. He was giving a standing ovation by OSU fans when he walked onto the diamond. That makes me sick.

http://www.oregonlive.com/beavers/index.ssf/2017/06/luke_heimlich_sex_crime_surfac.html

Again, I ask will Ken Goe and other columnists pen a column criticizing Pat Casey and OSU fans?

This is a great call out, 1990. But will the above writer specifically come out? Doubt it. But this stuff needs to be called out.

Despite it being a disgusting act, there are defined sentences and consequences mandated by law. Not quite sure the point of ongoing flogging of either the coach or the player accomplishes. I'm definitely not condoning the act - but if we live in a country defined by the rule of law, then we also live in a country where the defined consequences must be accepted, too. And that's that.

In fact, there is a movement in many cities in the State of Washington to 'Ban the Box" so that convicted felons do not have to disclose that status on their job applications. If one of the objectives of the criminal justice system is to rehabilitate the offender, one could argue that Heimlich was a successful product of rehabilitation. I'm not going to spend a whole lot of energy on that - but one could argue that quite easily.

If you don't think the sentence was sufficient or punitive enough, work toward changing the sentencing guidelines at the legislative level.

Despite it being a disgusting act, there are defined sentences and consequences mandated by law. Not quite sure the point of ongoing flogging of either the coach or the player accomplishes. I'm definitely not condoning the act - but if we live in a country defined by the rule of law, then we also live in a country where the defined consequences must be accepted, too. And that's that.

In fact, there is a movement in many cities in the State of Washington to 'Ban the Box" so that convicted felons do not have to disclose that status on their job applications. If one of the objectives of the criminal justice system is to rehabilitate the offender, one could argue that Heimlich was a successful product of rehabilitation. I'm not going to spend a whole lot of energy on that - but one could argue that quite easily.

If you don't think the sentence was sufficient or punitive enough, work toward changing the sentencing guidelines at the legislative level.

Leach’s great sin is that he’s “mean” to the media. This guy is a registered sex offender. Pedophiles don’t stop, that’s why they’re required to register.

The double standard is clear.

Last edited:

My post was not against the player. My post was against some of the media, the coach and the fans who gave this person a standing ovation. Playing baseball at a university is not a right.

Will writer Ken Goe and other Leach haters write a story condemning OSU Beaver baseball coach Pat Casey? Last year, it was found out that perhaps their best player, pitcher Luke Heimlich, was a registered sex offender. He is from Puyallup. When he was 15, he was molesting a 6 year old girl family member. Apparently, it started when she was 4. OSU knew this from the beginning when he enrolled in school.

The victims mother didn't understand why he has ever been allowed to pitch for OSU.

He pitched on Friday for OSU. He was giving a standing ovation by OSU fans when he walked onto the diamond. That makes me sick.

http://www.oregonlive.com/beavers/index.ssf/2017/06/luke_heimlich_sex_crime_surfac.html

Again, I ask will Ken Goe and other columnists pen a column criticizing Pat Casey and OSU fans?
John Canzano has written about this more than once

Yep, this was a front page story for several days right before the NCAA regionals last year and Canzano at the Oregonian took OSU...including Casey....to task for how the Heimlich issue was handled. I don't know how Goe & others felt about it, but at least Canzano ripped OSU before the decision was made to suspend Heimlich from further play. Can't remember if he voluntarily removed himself from the team or the decision was made for him.

Goe's hatred of Leach is irrational to me and seems to be principled by how CML treats some in the media. Maybe Ken once asked a stupid question and got appropriate treatment from the coach.

Glad Cougar

Yep, this was a front page story for several days right before the NCAA regionals last year and Canzano at the Oregonian took OSU...including Casey....to task for how the Heimlich issue was handled. I don't know how Goe & others felt about it, but at least Canzano ripped OSU before the decision was made to suspend Heimlich from further play. Can't remember if he voluntarily removed himself from the team or the decision was made for him.

Goe's hatred of Leach is irrational to me and seems to be principled by how CML treats some in the media. Maybe Ken once asked a stupid question and got appropriate treatment from the coach.

Glad Cougar

As I wrote to Longtime, good for Cazano. It is unbelievable to me that fans were giving Heimlich a standing ovation. Why? I am sure the girl and her family must have been sick to hear that.

Goe's hatred of Leach is odd. Many of us fans have a "sports hate". There are teams and players I root against. But, it really is not a hate. Goe seems to really hate Leach.

I wonder if the Oregonian (and John Blanchette, too) are opposed to CML for other reasons ...

mike-leach-donald-trump.jpg

Can't imagine some of the schools in the Pac-12 giving Coach Leach an opportunity — much less embracing him — the way WSU has done despite political views that some on the West Coast find objectionable.

I wonder if the Oregonian (and John Blanchette, too) are opposed to CML for other reasons ...

Can't imagine some of the schools in the Pac-12 giving Coach Leach an opportunity — much less embracing him — the way WSU has done despite political views that some on the West Coast find objectionable.

Yeah Utah and Arizona are real liberal hotbeds .

Last edited:

Ok Pete - what is your point? And what is your deal? I thought you were some Coug fan who came out of the woods. Now you are looking like some kind of shit-bringing troll.

What exactly is the relevance of "some schools" giving CML an opportunity? To do what? He is our coach. And I am certain that he regrets ever supporting that POS POTUS. Your snippet is a year and a half old.

I'm just deciding that I don't like you much, dude.

Edit - and upon further reflection, you are just throwing out a bunch of BS in every post you make. I found it entertaining for awhile. Now I am finding it annoying and detrimental. And it is pissing me off.

Reactions: Fab5Coug
Ok Pete - what is your point? And what is your deal? I thought you were some Coug fan who came out of the woods. Now you are looking like some kind of shit-bringing troll.

What exactly is the relevance of "some schools" giving CML an opportunity? To do what? He is our coach. And I am certain that he regrets ever supporting that POS POTUS. Your snippet is a year and a half old.

Edit - and upon further reflection, you are just throwing out a bunch of BS in every post you make. I found it entertaining for awhile. Now I am finding it annoying and detrimental. And it is pissing me off.

May or may not be of interest but Heimlich now is saying he pleaded guilty for the family to move on but has always maintained his innocence.

http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/high-school/article210657654.html
I was preparing to post the same and point this out but you beat me to it. The kid never was tried and convicted. Children are susceptible to fantasizing especially when encouraged subtly by their elders. Did it happen? I don't know. I would classify him as a "suspected pedophile", not as a confirmed one. As it stands currently, the incident is opaque. That said, the tendency of some OSU fans to support his denial of guilt on the basis of his athletic prowess is sad.

Bingo.

I got my degree in broadcasting from WSU. This witch hunt makes me shake my head...every.single.time. Ask better questions.

You and me both. Frankly, I am surprised by Leach's usual calmness when answering post-game questions. The same damn idiotic questions over and over and over and ...... Although he keeps it internally, I don't see him as one who suffers fools easily. The constant repetition of the obvious would drive me up the wall in no time. CML occasionally snaps and some of the media are butt hurt and remember this and cannot let it go. How do other coaches handle this without the occasional snarky response? I don't know. I couldn't do it.

Leach’s great sin is that he’s “mean” to the media. This guy is a registered sex offender. Pedophiles don’t stop, that’s why they’re required to register.

The double standard is clear.

I agree that pedophiles (and sex offenders in general) are very likely to re-offend and it's a huge failure in our country that there isn't more effort to stop that. However, if you are going to take a person who served their sentence and bar them from having any success because you are angry at them, you are forcing them to consider a life of crime. It's a slippery slope from the comment above about "it's not a right" to just screwing a guy over where he feels like he doesn't have any options.

Reactions: GrayOnGray
I agree that pedophiles (and sex offenders in general) are very likely to re-offend and it's a huge failure in our country that there isn't more effort to stop that. However, if you are going to take a person who served their sentence and bar them from having any success because you are angry at them, you are forcing them to consider a life of crime. It's a slippery slope from the comment above about "it's not a right" to just screwing a guy over where he feels like he doesn't have any options.

I doubt any of us want to live with all of the choices made at the age of 15. Will he re-offend? Who knows. Gotta believe there's hope for all stupid teenagers.

This was the main point he made...
"I wonder if the Oregonian (and John Blanchette, too) are opposed to CML for other reasons ..."

Oh, and I'm sure Leach doesn't regret who he supported in 2016. Remember the alternative?

Glad Cougar
aaaand, we discussed it ad nauseum here last year as well. Allow me to recap:

"Pedophiles are gross. They should burn in hell."
"That's not how our society works. He did everything required by law for his sentence."
"You're a pedophile apologist, you go to hell."
"If you want to talk about changing sentencing for certain crimes, ok. But at this point and time, as gross as it is, he's currently done nothing wrong."
"Fck you, shut up."
"Good talk."

aaaand, we discussed it ad nauseum here last year as well. Allow me to recap:

"Pedophiles are gross. They should burn in hell."
"That's not how our society works. He did everything required by law for his sentence."
"You're a pedophile apologist, you go to hell."
"If you want to talk about changing sentencing for certain crimes, ok. But at this point and time, as gross as it is, he's currently done nothing wrong."
"Fck you, shut up."
"Good talk."
That's funny. Excellent synopsis.

PS Also watch for the loudest, most self-righteous indignant voices. Ref Schniederman as the latest example...

Did you read the New Yorker article on Schneiderman? Yikes.
Yup. "Yikes" doesn't even cover it. Now before anyone jumps in to say I'm trying to slam just the Dem's, I'm not. I'm very aware that this crosses the political aisle. Hence the reason I don't like politicians. They all have too much power.

Sick. Just sick.

I just perused the article, and if true the acts are reprehensible. The key phrase there is "if true."

After the Aziz Anzari #metoo, I tread cautiously when preemptively crucifying someone.

I just did as well. But why did none of these women go to the police? And if not wanting to call the cops, why did the two who went public stay with him long after the alleged events occurred, and while they kept occurring? They were mature, professionals, feminists (per the article). Yet the one woman put up with weekly, drunken beatings? Why?

Here's a couple of things that would be very educational for women out there.
1. If you get assaulted, sexual or not, call the police.
2. If for whatever reason you don't choose call the police, get out of that relationship and stay out.

I just did as well. But why did none of these women go to the police? And if not wanting to call the cops, why did the two who went public stay with him long after the alleged events occurred, and while they kept occurring? They were mature, professionals, feminists (per the article). Yet the one woman put up with weekly, drunken beatings? Why?

2. If for whatever reason you don't choose call the police, get out of that relationship and stay out.
Dude... Because he was telling them he'd kill them if they broke up with him?! Because he said he would wiretap their phones to find out where they were?! He's a politician with incredible power. They knew/know that?!

I'm so confused by your statement, Loyal.

Its not like the threat to ruin their careers went away. It raises a curious question as to why break the silence now? And the answer to that question undoubtedly crosses somewhere into the arena of the current political sideshow.

And as I said before, and this is the last time I'll apologize in this thread - if true he should be punished to the full extent of the law. However, this whole thing just smells off, like more political tit-for-tat witch hunt bs. Someone found out this guy is an asshole and is leveraging it to the max.

Dude... Because he was telling them he'd kill them if they broke up with him?! Because he said he would wiretap their phones to find out where they were?! He's a politician with incredible power. They knew/know that?!

that threat is still present, so what changed now? If they were so afraid then, what emboldened them now?

that threat is still present, so what changed now? If they were so afraid then, what emboldened them now?
Who knows, man. I know a woman close to my life that was raped when she was a teenager. She still hasn't "come out" about it. But when she wants to tell the world, I'll be beside her. She's struggled with it over the past couple years with the #MeToo movement. I think she's been pretty close to coming out but to her credit, she's looking forward. She tried to live to the future, not the past even though it changed her forever.

Regarding this specific situation, I could easily see politics being a part of it. How could it not? But I can't imagine a woman whose been beaten, strangled and repeatedly told she was this POS's "brown slave" and he was her "master" while having sexual relations... I'm sorry. I don't thing she's doing anything for political reasons, per se. She may want to ruin him the way he ruined her but I don't think she's in the Republican's pocket or something. If something emboldened them, I'd say a paper with enough clout to say, "Hey, we're big enough where this guy isn't going to hurt you. Everyone will know what he did. He does something to you and he's the first/only suspect." So I think the threat has diminished when these women know they have an ally. Abuse psychology is pretty easily found and substantiated, BC&G.

Now if your thinking the paper had political reasons or motivations... maybe. But I don't really care. Now let the Left leaning paper find the next POS from the other side of the aisle and expose him. Castrate the bastards. All of them.

95man - the threatened one finally got her stuff and got out on November 3, 2017. How many powerful politicians had been outed/brought down before that? Answer: A LOT. If someone threatens to kill you if you break up with them, particularly a politician, you run - to the cops. Bring a reporter with you if you want to cover all your bases. And bring the medical evidence that you happen to have.

95man - the threatened one finally got her stuff and got out on November 3, 2017. How many powerful politicians had been outed/brought down before that? Answer: A LOT. If someone threatens to kill you if you break up with them, particularly a politician, you run - to the cops. Bring a reporter with you if you want to cover all your bases. And bring the medical evidence that you happen to have.

It's very easy as a guy to say to a woman, "You should do this....or you should do that" when it comes to sexual assault. It's a whole different deal when you are the victim of the crime, feel powerless, but at the same time feel guilty because you "might" have been able to do something about it. Finally, on the whole "run to the cops" thing, how often has law enforcement let people down when they went to the police without sufficient evidence of a crime? The grandson of a former Mayor of Wichita was found entombed in concrete in a house last year because nobody would act upon the complaints of family members. Until recently, most victims in these situations felt that the solution would be as bad, or worse, than just dealing with the shame of the assault and other threats.

Agreed. That's what should happen.

But your inability to understand Abuse Psychology and the similarities of Domestic Violence and how it even goes into Stockholms Syndrome, is apparent. And the difference between men and women is real. Not some old fashioned thing, but literally genetic. Science matters here and X-Y chromosomes make a difference.

Just google "Gender differences in emotional development".
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...ses-area-responsible-experience-emotions.html

The way your stating it, you make it out like it would be easy. Like I outlined, I know personally a woman that has held it in for over 30 years. It's the same reason Domestic Violence is such an issue. Women don't feel "empowered" when they're in these situations. I get where your coming from but you are obviously a guy. And a guy that hasn't had this impact your life (wife, daughter, sister, mother). Did you know the numbers are 1 in 4 women in the US have been raped? So every time you meet women, count. When you meet the 4th woman, recognize chances are you've met a rape victim. And chances are, they haven't reported it. Now do that all day. You've met dozens of rape victims daily with most never reporting it.

It's very easy as a guy to say to a woman, "You should do this....or you should do that" when it comes to sexual assault. It's a whole different deal when you are the victim of the crime, feel powerless, but at the same time feel guilty because you "might" have been able to do something about it. Finally, on the whole "run to the cops" thing, how often has law enforcement let people down when they went to the police without sufficient evidence of a crime? The grandson of a former Mayor of Wichita was found entombed in concrete in a house last year because nobody would act upon the complaints of family members. Until recently, most victims in these situations felt that the solution would be as bad, or worse, than just dealing with the shame of the assault and other threats.

People are abused various ways in this society, no doubt. For those people I feel empathy and wish them the justice they deserve and the strength to move past it and live and fruitful, happy life.

However, we are living in a society that is in love with being victimized. News flash - victims make good copy. (get it, news flash? hahaha)

There was just a story of a lady who posted a video claiming she had been bullied, verbally abused and threatened by a white racist cop. It was 10 minutes of her crying, talking about being lynched, white people have no idea how it feels to be victimized constantly, etc.

The local police posted the body cam video. Their entire interaction was no more than 2 minutes total. He asked for her credentials, told her why he pulled her over, went back to the car and wrote the ticket, returned to the car, asked her to sign and she refused. He explained that it was mandatory for her to sign, its not an admission of guilt, and if she didn't he would be forced to remove her from the car, arrest her, and tow her car. She signed, he went back to his car and left.

She was ready to be a victim the minute she got pulled over.

She's not alone. Look at the outrage over stupid sh!t all over twitter and fb. Everywhere, everyone is a victim.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT