ADVERTISEMENT

Will writer Ken Goe and other Leach haters

People are abused various ways in this society, no doubt. For those people I feel empathy and wish them the justice they deserve and the strength to move past it and live and fruitful, happy life.

However, we are living in a society that is in love with being victimized. News flash - victims make good copy. (get it, news flash? hahaha)

There was just a story of a lady who posted a video claiming she had been bullied, verbally abused and threatened by a white racist cop. It was 10 minutes of her crying, talking about being lynched, white people have no idea how it feels to be victimized constantly, etc.

The local police posted the body cam video. Their entire interaction was no more than 2 minutes total. He asked for her credentials, told her why he pulled her over, went back to the car and wrote the ticket, returned to the car, asked her to sign and she refused. He explained that it was mandatory for her to sign, its not an admission of guilt, and if she didn't he would be forced to remove her from the car, arrest her, and tow her car. She signed, he went back to his car and left.

She was ready to be a victim the minute she got pulled over.

She's not alone. Look at the outrage over stupid sh!t all over twitter and fb. Everywhere, everyone is a victim.
I completely agree with what your outlining. The "Snowflake" movement is extreme and real.

But to make an analogy between getting a ticket and someone feeling "victimized" and a woman that was choked and beaten until she called her boyfriend "master" while he called her, his "brown slave" is not a very good one. And 3 other separate women with similar violence stories with the same guy... I'd hope you'd recognize the massive leap you've made. This isn't some kid at Berkley crying because Ben Shapiro came to her school. It isn't a Burger King getting an order wrong and a 2 day rant takes over facebook.

4 women, with stories of domestic violence, manipulation, death threats (I don't even know what to call the concept of threatening to wire tap someones phone)... and for the most part, 4 women that haven't talked to each other. They just corroborated each others stories. This wasn't a unsolicited kiss that all the sudden blew up to "rape" in a woman's mind.

Should we be careful? Yeah, I probably came across stronger than I should have. There is an element of "Innocent until proven guilty". There needs to be legal balance. But that is where many times, the sad part is when these women wait, it means there is no physical "proof". So these guys will get off.

But man. Rapists, molesters, DV perps. I have zero... ZERO tolerance. And in this specific incident, for him to step down from his position after 3 hours of the story being out... wow.

People are abused various ways in this society, no doubt. For those people I feel empathy and wish them the justice they deserve and the strength to move past it and live and fruitful, happy life.

However, we are living in a society that is in love with being victimized. News flash - victims make good copy. (get it, news flash? hahaha)

There was just a story of a lady who posted a video claiming she had been bullied, verbally abused and threatened by a white racist cop. It was 10 minutes of her crying, talking about being lynched, white people have no idea how it feels to be victimized constantly, etc.

The local police posted the body cam video. Their entire interaction was no more than 2 minutes total. He asked for her credentials, told her why he pulled her over, went back to the car and wrote the ticket, returned to the car, asked her to sign and she refused. He explained that it was mandatory for her to sign, its not an admission of guilt, and if she didn't he would be forced to remove her from the car, arrest her, and tow her car. She signed, he went back to his car and left.

She was ready to be a victim the minute she got pulled over.

She's not alone. Look at the outrage over stupid sh!t all over twitter and fb. Everywhere, everyone is a victim.

I'm going to agree with the comment above. You are absolutely correct that many people are guilty of embracing the idea of being a victim. You are dead wrong in linking a driver being bullied by a cop and a woman that's been raped. It's a bit insulting that you apparently feel that the two are related. To suggest that someone who's been sexually assaulted needs to pull up their big boy pants and deal with it reflects a significant lack of empathy that you think you have.

I'm frustrated that women allowed themselves to be bullied for decades, but I also understand that in the not too distant past, a woman who was raped was almost always accused of being a whore that wanted it if she said anything and a large percentage of our population would turn on the victim in a heartbeat if she wasn't absolutely perfect in every way. Hell, 40% of our population is so deluded by the cult of personality that they refuse to believe that Trump is a philandering predator who used his position of power to abuse women for decades despite the fact that there's an f'ing tape of him bragging about it. Think about that. Trump bragged about grabbing women by the pussy but nearly half of our country is willing to turn a blind eye towards the accusations against him because they don't want to harm their "team". Bear in mind that in the past, "team" could mean company, country, actual team, church or other group of people when it came to people willing to bury the truth to protect their "team". In other words, Trump isn't anything new....he's just the latest of many pervs and predators that women have had to deal with. In the past, the only way for a woman to be successful in some fields was if she was willing to put out. The system would crush any woman that dared to defy it.

I'm going to agree with the comment above. You are absolutely correct that many people are guilty of embracing the idea of being a victim. You are dead wrong in linking a driver being bullied by a cop and a woman that's been raped. It's a bit insulting that you apparently feel that the two are related. To suggest that someone who's been sexually assaulted needs to pull up their big boy pants and deal with it reflects a significant lack of empathy that you think you have.

I'm frustrated that women allowed themselves to be bullied for decades, but I also understand that in the not too distant past, a woman who was raped was almost always accused of being a whore that wanted it if she said anything and a large percentage of our population would turn on the victim in a heartbeat if she wasn't absolutely perfect in every way. Hell, 40% of our population is so deluded by the cult of personality that they refuse to believe that Trump is a philandering predator who used his position of power to abuse women for decades despite the fact that there's an f'ing tape of him bragging about it. Think about that. Trump bragged about grabbing women by the pussy but nearly half of our country is willing to turn a blind eye towards the accusations against him because they don't want to harm their "team". Bear in mind that in the past, "team" could mean company, country, actual team, church or other group of people when it came to people willing to bury the truth to protect their "team". In other words, Trump isn't anything new....he's just the latest of many pervs and predators that women have had to deal with. In the past, the only way for a woman to be successful in some fields was if she was willing to put out. The system would crush any woman that dared to defy it.

Wow Flat, way to project. Guess you decided to skip the very first sentence of my post and go right into righteous indignation.

I used it as an example because we are being told that anything that makes us feel bad, uncomfortable, sad, or anything other than 100% happy is abuse and we are a victim.

It is an unfortunate circumstance that a minority of these claims are spreading a very wide shadow of doubt over what are most likely legitimate cases, but that is how our society is supposed to work. The backlash of the Duke Lacrosse players still lingers. The Minnesota FB gangbang - consensual or not?

I'll say this about Schneiderman - I think his actions speak tons. He's probably as guilty of those offenses as I am of playing devils advocate on this board. My knee jerk reaction to these stories though, especially in the political sphere, is "wait and see."

Wow Flat, way to project. Guess you decided to skip the very first sentence of my post and go right into righteous indignation.

I used it as an example because we are being told that anything that makes us feel bad, uncomfortable, sad, or anything other than 100% happy is abuse and we are a victim.

It is an unfortunate circumstance that a minority of these claims are spreading a very wide shadow of doubt over what are most likely legitimate cases, but that is how our society is supposed to work. The backlash of the Duke Lacrosse players still lingers. The Minnesota FB gangbang - consensual or not?

I'll say this about Schneiderman - I think his actions speak tons. He's probably as guilty of those offenses as I am of playing devils advocate on this board. My knee jerk reaction to these stories though, especially in the political sphere, is "wait and see."

You threw out a platitude about feeling bad for victims and then started talking about a lady who got bullied by a cop. It may not have been your intent to suggest that victims of sexual abuse are just another example of the snowflakes in our world....but that's the way it comes across.

I don't disagree that many "victims" out there are their own worst enemies. It's so difficult to know exactly what to think and it's difficult to know which way to err. You mention the Minnesota gangbang and that's one of the great examples of how a woman used incredibly poor judgement and it morphed into a situation where she was almost certainly a sexual assault victim by the end. I agree that "wait and see" is best, but I don't get the victim blaming that our society is often guilty of while they wait and see.

Last edited:
Its not like the threat to ruin their careers went away. It raises a curious question as to why break the silence now? And the answer to that question undoubtedly crosses somewhere into the arena of the current political sideshow.

And as I said before, and this is the last time I'll apologize in this thread - if true he should be punished to the full extent of the law. However, this whole thing just smells off, like more political tit-for-tat witch hunt bs. Someone found out this guy is an asshole and is leveraging it to the max.

I think the reason given why it came out now was that the former girlfriend who was abused was sickened by all the #Metoo outrage Schneiderman was selling. She had finally had enough of his charade. Incredibly brave.

Last edited:
Who knows, man. I know a woman close to my life that was raped when she was a teenager. She still hasn't "come out" about it. But when she wants to tell the world, I'll be beside her. She's struggled with it over the past couple years with the #MeToo movement. I think she's been pretty close to coming out but to her credit, she's looking forward. She tried to live to the future, not the past even though it changed her forever.

Regarding this specific situation, I could easily see politics being a part of it. How could it not? But I can't imagine a woman whose been beaten, strangled and repeatedly told she was this POS's "brown slave" and he was her "master" while having sexual relations... I'm sorry. I don't thing she's doing anything for political reasons, per se. She may want to ruin him the way he ruined her but I don't think she's in the Republican's pocket or something. If something emboldened them, I'd say a paper with enough clout to say, "Hey, we're big enough where this guy isn't going to hurt you. Everyone will know what he did. He does something to you and he's the first/only suspect." So I think the threat has diminished when these women know they have an ally. Abuse psychology is pretty easily found and substantiated, BC&G.

Now if your thinking the paper had political reasons or motivations... maybe. But I don't really care. Now let the Left leaning paper find the next POS from the other side of the aisle and expose him. Castrate the bastards. All of them.

The outer was/is a big time Democrat activist. No way she did this to "help" Trump. Schneiderman seems like a real swell guy.

95man - the threatened one finally got her stuff and got out on November 3, 2017. How many powerful politicians had been outed/brought down before that? Answer: A LOT. If someone threatens to kill you if you break up with them, particularly a politician, you run - to the cops. Bring a reporter with you if you want to cover all your bases. And bring the medical evidence that you happen to have.
That is rational. But it is certainly more complicated than that. Fear, hope, desperation, fear, hope...etc. You get the idea. It was interesting to me that these women were all feminist left-wing "empowered" women who talk about never letting men have control over them in this arena...and yet this shows how difficult it is to bail right at the first occurrence of abuse. Humans are complex. And some are just plain horrible and evil (Schneiderman).

That is rational. But it is certainly more complicated than that. Fear, hope, desperation, fear, hope...etc. You get the idea. It was interesting to me that these women were all feminist left-wing "empowered" women who talk about never letting men have control over them in this arena...and yet this shows how difficult it is to bail right at the first occurrence of abuse. Humans are complex. And some are just plain horrible and evil (Schneiderman).

This has nothing to do with the topic, but I find it strange that your avatar is sort of a sexist, woman objectifying picture.

That said, yes it is interesting - these liberated women of all women should have been the last ones to put up with this behavior. But they did. (Allegedly).

This has nothing to do with the topic, but I find it strange that your avatar is sort of a sexist, woman objectifying picture.

That said, yes it is interesting - these liberated women of all women should have been the last ones to put up with this behavior. But they did. (Allegedly).

I think all men objectify attractive women. It is what we do. It is part of being male. I am always respectful to women, and everyone for that matter.

Ok Pete - what is your point? And what is your deal? I thought you were some Coug fan who came out of the woods. Now you are looking like some kind of shit-bringing troll.

What exactly is the relevance of "some schools" giving CML an opportunity? To do what? He is our coach. And I am certain that he regrets ever supporting that POS POTUS. Your snippet is a year and a half old.

I'm just deciding that I don't like you much, dude.

Edit - and upon further reflection, you are just throwing out a bunch of BS in every post you make. I found it entertaining for awhile. Now I am finding it annoying and detrimental. And it is pissing me off.

09_angry_kid_hulk_dragon_con_2011.jpg

Despite it being a disgusting act, there are defined sentences and consequences mandated by law. Not quite sure the point of ongoing flogging of either the coach or the player accomplishes. I'm definitely not condoning the act - but if we live in a country defined by the rule of law, then we also live in a country where the defined consequences must be accepted, too. And that's that.

In fact, there is a movement in many cities in the State of Washington to 'Ban the Box" so that convicted felons do not have to disclose that status on their job applications. If one of the objectives of the criminal justice system is to rehabilitate the offender, one could argue that Heimlich was a successful product of rehabilitation. I'm not going to spend a whole lot of energy on that - but one could argue that quite easily.

If you don't think the sentence was sufficient or punitive enough, work toward changing the sentencing guidelines at the legislative level.
I feel compelled to point out that WSU does not ask on their application whether prospective students have been convicted of crimes, including sex offenses. We couldn't deny admission in the basis of those things anyway...and denying them access to student activities would invite lawsuits.

Well now the Luke Heimlich story mentioned in the first post is on the front page of my Sports Illustrated that came today. This is a tough call. What about the victim's life if this really happened? However, he was only 15 and the purpose of the juvenile justice system is to supposedly rehabilitate.. He maintains his innocence. Some people are skeptical because he at one time plead guilty. But who are we to judge what we really don't know? In the SI story they interview a legal expert and it is quite common for people to plead guilty even when they may not be.

I immediately thought of the Danish move titled 'Jagten' (The Hunt). A kindergarten teacher gets wrongly accused of child abuse and his world unravels. It's often on netflix. It's a good watch on this subject.

But yeah the witch hunt on Leach is bizarre....and boring.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT