ADVERTISEMENT

Wisconsin update

Badgerzfan

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2022
Hello again Cougar fans:

Wanted to give you a brief update on this week’s game. Our 38-0 win over Illinois State was more competitive than the score indicates, as they moved the ball pretty well against us. Almost 2 minutes into the 2nd quarter, Illinois State had run 25 plays to our 4, and had time of possession of 14:20 versus our 2:12. Yet, we led 14-0 thanks to a 100 yard interception return and a 92 run by Braelon Allen. We wore them down on offense and played better defense in the 2nd half.

On paper, this is a rebuilding year as we returned only 5 starters on offense and 3 on defense. We made some coaching changes in the off season, which is unusual for us, and it might help an offense which has underachieved the last couple years. QB Graham Mertz was a 5 star recruit, but has been a disappointment in his first 2 years as a starter. He looked better last night, but did not get much pressure. RB Allen is a stud, if he can stay healthy he’ll be among the best in the country.

For people from Pullman coming to Madison for Saturday’s game, please consider stopping in at our tailgate, it’s close to the stadium and you are welcome to food and drink. Please send me a PM and I’ll get you the location, I’d like to pick your brain about Pullman. I’m planning to make the trip in 2023 (I know, a lot of you think Wisconsin won’t get there, but I think we will).

I believe our coaching staff has a lot of respect for WSU and your conference, and will prepare the team appropriately. The spread I am seeing today (14 points) seems quite high to me. Hope it’s a great game and everybody can stay healthy, best of luck!

Hello again Cougar fans:

Wanted to give you a brief update on this week’s game. Our 38-0 win over Illinois State was more competitive than the score indicates, as they moved the ball pretty well against us. Almost 2 minutes into the 2nd quarter, Illinois State had run 25 plays to our 4, and had time of possession of 14:20 versus our 2:12. Yet, we led 14-0 thanks to a 100 yard interception return and a 92 run by Braelon Allen. We wore them down on offense and played better defense in the 2nd half.

On paper, this is a rebuilding year as we returned only 5 starters on offense and 3 on defense. We made some coaching changes in the off season, which is unusual for us, and it might help an offense which has underachieved the last couple years. QB Graham Mertz was a 5 star recruit, but has been a disappointment in his first 2 years as a starter. He looked better last night, but did not get much pressure. RB Allen is a stud, if he can stay healthy he’ll be among the best in the country.

For people from Pullman coming to Madison for Saturday’s game, please consider stopping in at our tailgate, it’s close to the stadium and you are welcome to food and drink. Please send me a PM and I’ll get you the location, I’d like to pick your brain about Pullman. I’m planning to make the trip in 2023 (I know, a lot of you think Wisconsin won’t get there, but I think we will).

I believe our coaching staff has a lot of respect for WSU and your conference, and will prepare the team appropriately. The spread I am seeing today (14 points) seems quite high to me. Hope it’s a great game and everybody can stay healthy, best of luck!
Did you watch or see the results of our game? 14 is low.

Hello again Cougar fans:

Thanks for the summary. You guys did what you were supposed to, we emphatically did not. If Wisconsins Achilles heel is the WR screen we might have a chance, otherwise not expecting much. Hoping for a good game and thinking we will need some big plays/turnovers from the defense to keep it in reach.

Hello again Cougar fans:

I'll bet the house that Wisconsin never plays in Pullman. Not my house...Ed's million dollar plus house.

I'll bet the house that Wisconsin never plays in Pullman. Not my house...Ed's million dollar plus house.
I would have agreed with you a year ago, How. At this point it looks more likely to me that Wisconsin will travel. Certainly not "bet your house" level of certainty, but more likely than a year ago.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT