ADVERTISEMENT

WSU 3, Utah Valley 2

kayak15

Hall Of Fame
Apr 17, 2012
Mercer Island
Our ladies won their first road game of the season in Orem, Utah tonight. The UVU Wolverines scored first in a disorganized scramble that saw the ball barely cross the line in the 73rd minute. Maddy Haro answered three minutes later, collecting a rejection from UVU's goalie and putting the ball into the net from a tight angle. In the 84th minute UVU scored on a long looping kick that caught Ella Dederick away from the goal and bounced in. With seconds to go in the game the ball found Haro unguarded and she headed it in to equalize the game. Not much happened during the first overtime as neither team was able to mount any form of a decent attack. Then thirty seconds into the second overtime a pass into the box met an unguarded Morgan Weaver, who put it in. Cougs win 3-2.

Not the prettiest game ever played but a win. A lot of sloppy passing by our girls in the first half as they tended at times to put the ball into an open space and hope someone in crimson and white would be able to collect it. Good feisty defense by the ladies as they consistently took the ball away from the Wolverines during one-on-one fights.

The two UVU goals tended toward the fluky definition but they all count. A nice comeback by the team.

On to Montana.

Thanks for the summary, Kayak.

Another parent and I are taking a group of girls up for the game against the Griz Sunday. Cougs better win or I'm making them all walk home!

Should be a good game. The Griz are 5-3 with three common opponents with WSU. They lost to Nebraska 1-0, who we tied. Nebraska is pretty good so both teams did well. They lost 2-1 to UVU in Logan, Utah. Beat Georgia Southern 2-1 before we dominated them 3-0. Edge to the Cougs. They have the home field edge so this game should be close to a toss-up. Wish I could watch it but I'll be somewhere on the two lane blacktop of Hwy 26 at the time. Enjoy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT