ADVERTISEMENT

WSU-Gonzaga postgame notes...

britton ransford

Hall Of Fame
Oct 23, 2012
Here's the postgame notes, courtesy WSU Athletics, from Washington State's 81-66 loss to Gonzaga tonight.

WSU postgame notes...

-Sophomore Josh Hawkinson led WSU with 18 points and 11 rebounds, recording his fourth double-double of the season and of his career. His 11 rebounds mark his most since grabbing 13 against UCSB on Nov. 27 at the Great Alaska Shootout. He also made a career-high 2 3-pointers and finished 2-of-3 from 3-point range.

-Sophomroe Ike Ireogbu tied his season high with 14 points, marking his fourth-straight game with at least 13 points. He had 2 3-pointers, which was just the third time in his career that he's had multiple 3-pointers in back-to-back games. Iroegbu led WSU in scoring at Gonzaga last season with a career-high 20 points.

-Senior DaVonte Lacy finished with 14 points, marking his fifth-straight game in double figure scoring. Lacy did not hit a 3-pointers for the first time this season and the first time since playing just 11 minutes at Arizona State on Jan. 5, 2014, before leaving the game with a rib injury. He also didn't have a 3-pointer last season against UTEP on Dec. 21, 2013.

-The Cougars shot .521 from the field (25-for-48), notching its second-highest shooting performance of the season. It's the second straight game of shooting at least .520 from the field.

-The Cougars also shot .500 (6-for-12) from 3-point range, which is their second-highest 3-point field goal percentage of the season and second-straight game shooting at least .500 or better from 3-point range.

-Next up for the Cougars is a trip to Santa Clara, Calif., to take on Santa Clara, Saturday, Dec. 13 at 7 p.m. This is the game that replaces the Cougars' previously scheduled Seattle game against Hawaii.

Box score...

FNFR6Kd.png

The cougs are improving which happens wiyh good coaching. The hysterical claims of some posters here will continues to diminishes Kent will prove that he is a quality coach who is trying to build a solid program

Yes those hysterical claims of some posters on the "Hawk" will disappear. Not Pac-12 huh.

Every post doesn't have to contain a slam on our previous coach. By the way we always played Gonzaga tough under Coach Bone. Just because people supported a previous coach doesn't mean they can't or don't support the current coach. You really need to get over the Bone bashing, it lowers the credibility of you posts. Its just like some posters man- crush on Tony Bennett he is gone and he is not coming back so get over it.

Also, on your constant complaining about not have D-1 players our 3 players last on the bench were brought in this year. Last years bottom player was James Hunter, who is the starting center for South Dakota State and just lost to Big East opponent Creighton in overtime. So maybe you could argue we don't have PAC 12 players but calling our guys division 2 players is just incorrect.

Originally posted by jourdand:
Every post doesn't have to contain a slam on our previous coach. By the way we always played Gonzaga tough under Coach Bone. Just because people supported a previous coach doesn't mean they can't or don't support the current coach. You really need to get over the Bone bashing, it lowers the credibility of you posts. Its just like some posters man- crush on Tony Bennett he is gone and he is not coming back so get over it.

Also, on your constant complaining about not have D-1 players our 3 players last on the bench were brought in this year. Last years bottom player was James Hunter, who is the starting center for South Dakota State and just lost to Big East opponent Creighton in overtime. So maybe you could argue we don't have PAC 12 players but calling our guys division 2 players is just incorrect.
While you're correct that Hunter has started all nine games for South Dakota, not South Dakota State, he's hardly playing. Last I checked he was playing about 10 minutes per game and averaging something like 3 points and 2 rebounds.

He is a D-1 starting center playing over a fourth of the game, similar to Railey. Point is "One mans garbage is another mans treasure" I'm sure they are glad to have what production he provides.

He is a D-1 starting center playing over a fourth of the game, similar to Railey. Point is "One mans garbage is another mans treasure" I'm sure they are glad to have what production he provides.
As the saying goes, "Come on, man." There are about 120 teams in division one. That does not mean that every player is worthy. Especially a bottom team from a bottom league. While I do agree that not every post has to include the previous coach, your argument of Hunter is not a strong one.

Really! So where do you draw the line on somebody being called a D-1 player? Its not being on a D-1 team? Obviously being a starter on a D-1 team doesn't count. Are Big Sky players D-1 players?

Really! So where do you draw the line on somebody being called a D-1 player? Its not being on a D-1 team? Obviously being a starter on a D-1 team doesn't count. Are Big Sky players D-1 players?
He's a D1 player, just not a Pac12 contributor let alone starter.

Originally posted by CrimsonWazzu:
He's a D1 player, just not a Pac12 contributor let alone starter.
Bingo. Trying to say that Hunter was a recruiting success for Bone just because he is on a lower conference roster is ridiculous. I am not trying to denigrate Bone either. Kent will recruit players that in hindsight don't belong on a P12 roster.

Who said Hunter was a recruiting success? I personally think he was a recruiting mistake just like Cheatum appears to be.

Who said Hunter was a recruiting success? I personally think he was a recruiting mistake just like Cheatum appears to be.
Nevermind jourdand. I give up. You win.

Hunter was brought in to raise the team GPA which he did and to be a practice player. A very good student who graduated and helped as a practice player.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT