ADVERTISEMENT

WSU vs Eastern Game Thread

Well so far so good. I'm gonna be watching the D more than the O in this game, but the O looks sharper

Speaking of athleticism again....

Oh hell yeah! Travell Harris 100 TD return!!!

Cougs on one screen. GGG vs Canelo on the other. Cooler full of cold beer. Doesn’t get much better.

Ok, that might not have been PI but overall the Cougs have dominated this first half.
28 to 3 with 2 minutes left.

Is it too early to guess which backup QB will get playing time the 4th quarter.

I have to say... after the slow first half @Wyoming, I did NOT expect this kind of dominance vs Eastern. Expected them to give us a serious run for our money as they always do.

Did I hear correctly BTW that this was only the 4th 100-hard return in Cougar football history?

half time thoughts:

Boobie is our best player. it is a goddamn sin that he is getting (consistently) as few touches as he is. This is an issue that Leach needs to address, because I guarantee that the plays are there for him, GM just isnt calling his number.

D continues to impress. I'm curious to see how they'll stack up against a bunch of beef eaters who want to punch them in the mouth 70% of the time (Stanford).

Minshew has a great touch and is very assertive with his throws. Wk 3 vs Wks 1/2 show 100% improvement in hitting his receivers in stride. Referencing point 1, he seems to call his number more the more pressure there is instead of relying on his #1 player to bail him out. That being said...

We got a great view of the last Williams TD, which was scored IN SPITE OF the OL. They truly don't know how to run block; the stood straight up and then kinda leaned forward. That is not going to get the job done and the OL coach needs to break out the OL tunnel drill thing.

Getting a runback is awesome and I couldn't be happier about it.

Outside of the OL crapping the bed on the run block, this game is going really well.

Also, I'll eat my crow about the offensive ineptitude. Here's to scoring another 28 points in the second half.

"ill deal with the guys in stripes, you just play your game..."

nothing like conceding the loss at halftime and blaming the refs...

Since the late part of the 2nd quarter, we are giving up too much yardage on 1st down. Too many 5-7 yard runs.

Eastern has had a good offense for some time. It's up to the Coug offense to make a long drive.

I think they may have missed a hands to the face on the 3rd down but oh well.

Would like to see Calvin get back involved on the next drive or Martin or Patmon.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT