ADVERTISEMENT

WSU vs Eastern Game Thread

The guy who really does a great job as an analyst, IMO, is Alex Brink. The more I hear him, the more impressed I am. He's very smooth in delivery and knows his stuff. Doesn't try to overwhelm with football jargon, so he's good for the casual listener, too. Also impressed with Chaz as the PBP guy.

No hillbilly talk in the radio booth anymore. Sounds very professional.

Glad Cougar
In the radio booth, Brink is a definite upgrade. I've learned to enjoy Chaz also—a lot—but don't like the way corporate suits are making decisions like this for the Cougs. Since it's up to them we might have to get used to someone else next year. But I get it. That's D1 football these days. So far, they have made very good decisions.

I like that Leaf, being a former QB, knows defensive coverages and talks intelligently about what's going on in the secondary. He brings a lot of knowledge to the table. I think it's hilarious that at times, he does sound like Ron Burgundy doing football. I liked that he was willing to be critical of WSU maybe getting away with a few calls.

I didn't like that he kind of started harping on us getting away with a few calls. As mentioned above, he needs more experience in the booth before he'll be "good" at what he is doing but I can see him making a living doing this.
I love the decision to bring someone with such a checkered past into the booth. I can handle the plastic perfect presentations, but people like Leaf bring something the others don't.

Reactions: 79COUG
In the radio booth, Brink is a definite upgrade. I've learned to enjoy Chaz also—a lot—but don't like the way corporate suits are making decisions like this for the Cougs. Since it's up to them we might have to get used to someone else next year. But I get it. That's D1 football these days. So far, they have made very good decisions.

The change was approved by WSU.

The guy who really does a great job as an analyst, IMO, is Alex Brink. The more I hear him, the more impressed I am. He's very smooth in delivery and knows his stuff. Doesn't try to overwhelm with football jargon, so he's good for the casual listener, too. Also impressed with Chaz as the PBP guy.

No hillbilly talk in the radio booth anymore. Sounds very professional.

Glad Cougar
I was skeptical when the brought Chaz on. He came from the ACC I think, and I wondered about his knowledge and passion for a team so far removed from where he was. I was impressed immediately and as the years went on I’m liking him more and more. Blasphemy for some, but he is much better than Bud ever was. Not Bob Rob, but he’s filled in quite well.

I was skeptical when the brought Chaz on. He came from the ACC I think, and I wondered about his knowledge and passion for a team so far removed from where he was. I was impressed immediately and as the years went on I’m liking him more and more. Blaspheme for some, but he is much better than Bud ever was. Not Bob Rob, but he’s filled in quite well.

He’s a professional broadcaster. Not that Bud isn’t. Chazanow knows what’s he’s doing.

The key move was getting hillbilly Walden out of the booth.

Reactions: BleedCrimsonandGray
He’s a professional broadcaster. Not that Bud isn’t. Chazanow knows what’s he’s doing.

The key move was getting hillbilly Walden out of the booth.

Chazanow still hasn't learned to give the yardage out promptly on plays.

Even when the TV broadcast is a few seconds behind the radio, the TV announcers will have done so before he has told the listener where the ball has ended up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT