ADVERTISEMENT

***WSU @ Zona - Game Thread***

chipdouglas

Hall Of Fame
Mar 16, 2005
Crazy weekend of football: #2 and #4 lose, Furd needs a miracle to edge Oregon State, Utah looks like garbage, and a Colorado team we blanked just wrecked Cal. Now that Cal is below 0.500 and we are poised to go 8-1 tonight, we can safely assume Cougs threw that game.

Arizona now favored by 1 in that sweaty armpit called Tucson

Let's get this party started - GO COUGS!!

Our D needs to get an occasional stop. I don't think their D can stop our O (assuming Cal zombie version stays away). Go Cougs.

Fight fight fight for Washington State and vic-tor-y!. Big night for the front seven I suspect. Go get 'em Herc!

Other than a 43 yard pass and a handful of missed tackles on Tate (including 3 on the 3rd down before the FG), respectable opening effort.

Now please, offense, do NOT take 5 drives to get your confidence going. Zona leads it at home 3-0.

Another HOT, HOT start by the offense. Zona puts up 3 points and almost 70 yards on their debut drive; WSU puts up 0 yards with a quick 3 and out. Zona with the ball in favorable position.

Luke really struggles to figure out when it's a good time to run: with the exception of a few plays last week, it's either eat a sack, or step up and run into a tackle. I know as a poster on the Internet that's a lot easier said than done, but I know it's possible because I see other QBs do it every Saturday.

Arizona has our defense ALL SORTS OF CONFUSED. Guys running around with no coverage within 10-15 yards... keying on Tate who is only too happy to throw it up. Loads of missed tackles, and with one drive in the books, zero help from the offense. Guess we'll see who steps up first.

If they can't tackle him in the backfield, stay home and spy him.

I'm still not worried about the D; pussy cats are going to get theirs. 3 and out against one of the worst pass defenses in the league is garbage.

BTW, Buffs beat the sh!t out of Kal today, so there's that too...

2 drives down, 0 points and 17 yards of offense to Arizona's 10 pts and 132 yards

MIRACULOUSLY, Zona gives one up on ST. GET 7

Johnson-Mack held onto a ball. We may survive this yet. Thank you again to Jamal Morrow for carrying our offense

OUTSTANDING stand by the defense just then. Great tip by Harper and penetration by Mata'afa and the line.

Ok Tate can pass. How was he their backup again? That was a great throw on the run
Yeah, I'm getting pissed when I see the initial runs/completions, then I see the replays of the throws and jukes he's making and I can't even be mad (JK, I can).

So based on the first quarter, it's looking like the offense needs to start drives in the red zone to put points on the board.

Tate does throw a decent ball but it's still better to have him throw than get beat with his feet.
One of his completions should have been tipped. I would like to see how he does after he gets picked off.
Offense needs to get a few first downs here.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT