ADVERTISEMENT

You hate to see this...

79COUG

Hall Of Fame
Gold Member
Nov 19, 2008
Former Hawaii QB Colt Brennan passed away. Got hooked on pills after a car wreck and brain damage. While in treatment someone gave him what he thought was a pain pill but it turned out to be Fentanyl.

Former Hawaii QB Colt Brennan passed away. Got hooked on pills after a car wreck and brain damage. While in treatment someone gave him what he thought was a pain pill but it turned out to be Fentanyl.

I am here in Maui listening to the news last night . The news had a half hour tribute to Brennan. I never knew he was their sacred son.

The dad was interviewed and was very forthright. Said his son suffered from some mental health issues and was an addict . He was in treatment and seemed to have been doing well.

I am not sure the mistaken pain pill story holds a lot of water. If you think of it logically , they are in treatment so who has a pain killer lying around ? Second if Brennan needed something for the pain he knows to see the attending physician , not take it from “someone”.

It doesn’t change the fact he was their hero, a great guy, and someone that is very human. But the truth how he died is important . He was an addict . It is way too prevalent, and must be dealt with honesty .

And I think like Tyler H, they will find out he had a brain of a 65 year old man due to CTE

I am here in Maui listening to the news last night . The news had a half hour tribute to Brennan. I never knew he was their sacred son.

The dad was interviewed and was very forthright. Said his son suffered from some mental health issues and was an addict . He was in treatment and seemed to have been doing well.

I am not sure the mistaken pain pill story holds a lot of water. If you think of it logically , they are in treatment so who has a pain killer lying around ? Second if Brennan needed something for the pain he knows to see the attending physician , not take it from “someone”.

It doesn’t change the fact he was their hero, a great guy, and someone that is very human. But the truth how he died is important . He was an addict . It is way too prevalent, and must be dealt with honesty .

And I think like Tyler H, they will find out he had a brain of a 65 year old man due to CTE
The pill came from outside the facility. He was 5 months in to a 6 month program and decided to leave early. Some dick on the outside told him it was a pain pill when in fact it was fentanyl.

The pill came from outside the facility. He was 5 months in to a 6 month program and decided to leave early. Some dick on the outside told him it was a pain pill when in fact it was fentanyl.
For some people the pull is too strong . He was seeking the high oxi would give him . As his own father said colt made bad decisions including that one and it ended up costing him his life .

My point wasn’t where or how he got it but he was breaking treatment protocol and was seeking drugs .

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT