ADVERTISEMENT

You know why we lost, right?

How_did_this_happen?

Hall Of Fame
Gold Member
Nov 3, 2012
I'll tell you why.

Rolo didn't get the jab and he didn't properly social distance during game.

Yep.

That's why. No other reason.

Sincerely,
Branch Covidian Cult Member

:)

Reactions: FLAVOL5
One thing I was wondering during the game was that every time Coach Stutzmann spoke to players, he brought down his mask. That kind of defeats the purpose of wearing a mask. I wonder if he will hear about that from anyone.

One thing I was wondering during the game was that every time Coach Stutzmann spoke to players, he brought down his mask. That kind of defeats the purpose of wearing a mask. I wonder if he will hear about that from anyone.
Yeah...and all I saw yesterday was hundreds of thousands of people packed into stadiums closely packed with no masks. Big deal. Remember all the so-called superspreader claims from the last Super Bowl, Sturgis, etc.? They never panned out. Oh, and Obama's 60th birthday party....hilarious.

Yeah...and all I saw yesterday was hundreds of thousands of people packed into stadiums closely packed with no masks. Big deal. Remember all the so-called superspreader claims from the last Super Bowl, Sturgis, etc.? They never panned out. Oh, and Obama's 60th birthday party....hilarious.
I hope you understand that one is an employee, and the other's are not.

I hope you understand that one is an employee, and the other's are not.
Yes. I understand.

I also think the state doesn't have much of a chance against a religious objection rationale.

Also, if hypothetically Rolo went undefeated last season and miraculously won the national championship, then somehow this issue would mysteriously fade into the background. Of course, this is hypothetically and would never happen, but I think you get the point.

Coug Patrols prediction?
Yea, I didn't make a prediction for the game. My cynical "we're going to lose picks" aren't appropriate anymore because I really thought we had a chance to lose heading into the game yesterday.

Interesting...but I would never reference NBC.

Did Washington also have a Sturgis-like event in the past 30 days? I don't think so, but look...covid cases and deaths are essentially up to the all time highs of last winter. In other words, the delta variant has spiked cases everywhere. South Dakota is no different.

Even Israel, with the world's highest vaccine percentage, had a spike. Viruses are going to virus.

Did Washington also have a Sturgis-like event in the past 30 days? I don't think so, but look...covid cases and deaths are essentially up to the all time highs of last winter. In other words, the delta variant has spiked cases everywhere. South Dakota is no different.

Even Israel, with the world's highest vaccine percentage, had a spike. Viruses are going to virus.

would you prefer OANN

What is going on in WA? Masks have essentially disappeared since removing all mandates in June down here in Orange county. And that's with over 3MIL population. While the numbers slightly bumped up the last couple of weeks they are nowhere near the spike of last winter. Orange County CA Coronavirus Daily Tracker

a spike? Isreal is a complete shitshow right now. You don't hear much about it because it'll interfere with domestic news terror drama.

a spike? Isreal is a complete shitshow right now. You don't hear much about it because it'll interfere with domestic news terror drama.
Best friend growing up is a physician on the east coast and has connections in Israel. Says it's a vaccine disaster area. They don't know whether to give booster shots (if the main course worked so poorly why would the booster be different?) or something else???? Searching for answers.

While no politician appears brave or forthright enough to say it, the new COVID strategy, is "let the chips fall where they may." If the old strategies were in place, even remotely, our game would have been cancelled or played in an empty stadium, considering that State COVID numbers have never been higher, with a much more infectious, and twice as deadly, variant. Someone has made the ICU bed calculation, that with our vaccination rate, hospitals should be able to handle this wave. Medical science has basically done what it could. The prime solution, vaccines, while providing a meaningful protective effect against hospitalizing illness, isn't effective enough to sufficiently reduce transmissibility to create herd immunity. COVID is now clearly considered endemic, behind the scenes. There is no other explanation for State public health officials current lack of action.

COVID hit home for me over the weekend, my son-in-law's brother passed away -- early 40's, only comorbidity was high blood pressure, but unvaccinated, fearing that the vaccine wasn't safe. I also have in-laws that are still convinced COVID is a hoax.

Just remember just because COVID rules have been relaxed, doesn't mean it is safe out there again. The exact opposite. It has never been less safe, particularly for the unvaccinated. The only thing that has changed it that you are on your own when it comes to protecting yourself, your family and your community.

While no politician appears brave or forthright enough to say it, the new COVID strategy, is "let the chips fall where they may." If the old strategies were in place, even remotely, our game would have been cancelled or played in an empty stadium, considering that State COVID numbers have never been higher, with a much more infectious, and twice as deadly, variant. Someone has made the ICU bed calculation, that with our vaccination rate, hospitals should be able to handle this wave. Medical science has basically done what it could. The prime solution, vaccines, while providing a meaningful protective effect against hospitalizing illness, isn't effective enough to sufficiently reduce transmissibility to create herd immunity. COVID is now clearly considered endemic, behind the scenes. There is no other explanation for State public health officials current lack of action.

COVID hit home for me over the weekend, my son-in-law's brother passed away -- early 40's, only comorbidity was high blood pressure, but unvaccinated, fearing that the vaccine wasn't safe. I also have in-laws that are still convinced COVID is a hoax.

Just remember just because COVID rules have been relaxed, doesn't mean it is safe out there again. The exact opposite. It has never been less safe, particularly for the unvaccinated. The only thing that has changed it that you are on your own when it comes to protecting yourself, your family and your community.
Yeah...from a government messaging and actions perspective, what is occurring in public policy is completely baffling.

Covid cases and deaths in Washington are close to the record highs we experienced last winter, and well above 2020August/September levels...and yet public schools have started up. We all know why, and you mention it above. People are done with this virus in terms of altering their lives. Also, the corrupt teachers unions know they can't pull the nonsense they did last year. Parents won't accept another year of no in-person classes. It's political, as it has always been.

I'm not sure anyone would call covid itself a "hoax". What some are saying is that the government reaction is essentially a hoax. With so much contradictory and irrational information coming from government, I understand these sentiments. They, above all, want to keep their power and save their own jobs. They don't give a damn about the unwashed masses like you and me.

Remember how Biden promised to get covid under control? Turns out that viruses are going to virus. There is very little he can do. What a shocker, eh?

Society has moved on from caring if non vaxxed people die. Vaccinated people are at virtually no risk.

Our “best friend” couple was fully vaccinated months ago, yet both were diagnosed with COVID-19 a month ago. The husband ended up in ICU for three day due to failing kidneys and extremely low heart beat/ blood pressure. No comorbidity other than his age…I am vaccinated but I no longer believe “ there is virtually no risk if you are vaccinated” nor that “99.99 of the people in ICU are unvaccinated.”. Based on my own personal example, I’m very skeptical of any thing the media says about COVID-19.

Our “best friend” couple was fully vaccinated months ago, yet both were diagnosed with COVID-19 a month ago. The husband ended up in ICU for three day due to failing kidneys and extremely low heart beat/ blood pressure. No comorbidity other than his age…I am vaccinated but I no longer believe “ there is virtually no risk if you are vaccinated” nor that “99.99 of the people in ICU are unvaccinated.”. Based on my own personal example, I’m very skeptical of any thing the media says about COVID-19.
So you believe anecdotes over hard evidence?

Why stop at COVID-19?

Let's get this straight, no COVID vaccine is 100% effective, even at preventing serious illness, they are at best 90-95% effective (CDC), some data indicates as low as 72% (UK NHS, probably more realistic). That means vaccinated people, whether it be 1 in 20, 1 in 10 or 28 in a 100 will experience serious illness. But it is a ton better than the alternative. Hospital numbers bear this out. The unvaccinated 30% of adults in the UK make up 60% of their COVID hospitalizations. That equates to 72.5% vaccine effectiveness. No magic bullet by any means, you might even call it sad, but it is a damn site better than the 0% effective alternative. 72 out of every 100 who, if unvaccinated, would otherwise have be hospitalized, aren't.

I rely on UK numbers because of the centralized nature of their medical treatment, the better and more accurate public disclosure of their medical data, and the fact that it is from a Trump leaning government, thus less claim by the right that the books are cooked. Also their actuarial COVID increased cause death accounting was spot on, the USA not so much.

You SHOULD be skeptical about the media and how they report, sensationalize, misrepresent most all science/medical stuff. Suggest get more familiar with trustworthy, REPUTABLE science and medical sources/journals. That's all I have to say about that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT