ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball

Loyal Coug1

Hall Of Fame
Aug 24, 2022
Lost to Gonzaga again last night, now 18-21 and 2-12 in the last 14 games. Thank Gawd we got the "Back to Omaha" facility project completed.

Baseball is a funny game.

Maybe things get turned around the next couple weeks before the Pac-12 Tournament

Does anyone know how our scholarship allocation in baseball compares to other schools?

Baseball is a funny game.

Maybe things get turned around the next couple weeks before the Pac-12 Tournament
It's not funny for WSU.

2 more losses, this time to future Pac mates Fresno State. Gave up 2 runs in the 9th to lose game 1, then the shit kicked out of them in game 2.

It's not funny for WSU.

2 more losses, this time to future Pac mates Fresno State. Gave up 2 runs in the 9th to lose game 1, then the shit kicked out of them in game 2.
Now 4-17 after sweeping ASU in late March. Including losses to Portland, Gonzaga (twice) and Seattle U. Tough 2-1 loss to #6 OSU last night.

Now 4-17 after sweeping ASU in late March. Including losses to Portland, Gonzaga (twice) and Seattle U. Tough 2-1 loss to #6 OSU last night.

Loyal, what our your thoughts on the Beavs going "independent" in baseball next season, while the Cougs play in the WCC. Seems risky?

What are the pluses and minuses in going these different routes (and assuming the Pac-2 will stay play each other a minimum of three times in 2025)?

Loyal, what our your thoughts on the Beavs going "independent" in baseball next season, while the Cougs play in the WCC. Seems risky?

What are the pluses and minuses in going these different routes (and assuming the Pac-2 will stay play each other a minimum of three times in 2025)?
Well first off WSU is going to the Mountain West in Baseball, not the WCC. Unlike FB, they will be eligible to win the league and get the MW auto NCAA bid. So that is a good move for us IMHO.

On OSU going it alone in Baseball, I don't care too much other than it possibly creating a crack in the Pac-2, realignment-wise. I believe it to be very important that WSU and OSU are in lockstep in whatever permanent (I use that term very loosely) plans come to pass. Although I guess if OSU had the chance to jump to the Big-12 and leave us 100% of the Pac-12/2 money I would not cry.

Reactions: PeteTheChop
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT