ADVERTISEMENT

Circle of Life: Dan Monson now at Eastern.

AlwaysSpokanesFault

All Conference
Mar 24, 2014
Beautiful Mead, Spokane's Valhalla

Had he not left for Minnesota and stayed at Gonzaga, do you think they would have had a similar level of success? As I can't stand the newly sober Mark Few, I'm loathe to give him any credit for anything beyond inheritting a very unique situation furthered by a wealthy donor (wouldn't that be nice...looking at you, Ed Schweitzer).

I am pleased for Monson and I think Eastern made a great hire. I think Gonzaga would have been successful if Monson had stayed but not as successful as they have been under Few. Few is a great and loyal coach who has been able to build on and maintain a level of success over the years. I am not sure if Monson would have been able to do that.

It’s a safe hire for EWU. Monson will give them five years of stability until he decides to retire.

People seem to forget Monson talks more shit about WSU than a UW alum. He’s no friend of WSU and it will be nice to pound his head in.

Ed and Pullman, not Ed and that dumpy area of Spokane just north of the river that Gonzaga calls home.
Sure. Schweitzer Engineering. I didn't know there was a connection to Gonzaga. I thought he was a WSU and Purdue guy, through and through.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT