ADVERTISEMENT

Court documents show UW, Oregon expected to be removed from key Pac-12 board discussions

M-I-Coug

Hall Of Fame
Oct 13, 2002
Mercer Island
Executives from Washington and Oregon acknowledged in writing that they would be excluded from decisions related to the Pac-12’s future — a potentially critical piece of evidence as Washington State and Oregon State, the only remaining schools, wage a legal battle for control of the conference.

The letters were written by Washington president Ana Mari Cauce and Oregon vice president Kevin S. Reed to Pac-12 commissioner George Kliavkoff. They are dated Aug. 4, the day the Huskies and Ducks agreed to join the Big Ten, and were obtained by the Hotline this week from Whitman County Superior Court.

Except for the first six words, the letters are identical. (Cauce’s version is below.) They begin by explaining that the Pacific Northwest powers would not sign “a grant of media rights authorization” — the move that sent five other schools fleeing to other leagues and triggered the Pac-12’s collapse.

The letters then state that Washington and Oregon expected “to remain an active and participating member in the Conference until” next summer. But both Cauce and Reed, who doubles as Oregon’s general counsel, seemingly acknowledged that they were relinquishing their board authority on long-term strategic matters:

“I understand that the University will be excluded from Conference discussions pertaining to matters occurring after August 1, 2024, such as media rights agreements and new Conference member considerations.”
Abbreviated story by: Jon Wilner

Last edited:
Executives from Washington and Oregon acknowledged in writing that they would be excluded from decisions related to the Pac-12’s future — a potentially critical piece of evidence as Washington State and Oregon State, the only remaining schools, wage a legal battle for control of the conference.

The letters were written by Washington president Ana Mari Cauce and Oregon vice president Kevin S. Reed to Pac-12 commissioner George Kliavkoff. They are dated Aug. 4, the day the Huskies and Ducks agreed to join the Big Ten, and were obtained by the Hotline this week from Whitman County Superior Court.

Except for the first six words, the letters are identical. (Cauce’s version is below.) They begin by explaining that the Pacific Northwest powers would not sign “a grant of media rights authorization” — the move that sent five other schools fleeing to other leagues and triggered the Pac-12’s collapse.

The letters then state that Washington and Oregon expected “to remain an active and participating member in the Conference until” next summer. But both Cauce and Reed, who doubles as Oregon’s general counsel, seemingly acknowledged that they were relinquishing their board authority on long-term strategic matters:

“I understand that the University will be excluded from Conference discussions pertaining to matters occurring after August 1, 2024, such as media rights agreements and new Conference member considerations.”
Abbreviated story by: Jon Wilner
Don’t spike the football yet. That refers only to decisions related to future membership. It doesn’t refer to dissolution or operating a during 2023-24. All of which they should be excluded from.

Reactions: 425cougfan
Don’t spike the football yet. That refers only to decisions related to future membership. It doesn’t refer to dissolution or operating a during 2023-24. All of which they should be excluded from.
As long as the tro is in place they have no power,

backstabbing is what Washington and Oregon do best and don’t forget to add the other traitors. No one can be trusted. More and more information is coming out and they don’t care about OSU and WSU. My hatred is strong and I hope we just beat all of them all.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT